CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

So what is everyone initial thoughts on the game? Better than Ghosts? Worse?

Will it be a strong competitive title?

Any overall opinions are welcome!

Some details on the ranked playlist came out, pretty shit.

You can join ranked games in progress

Think ranked doesn't have everything unlocked either, uses same as pubs. Not 100% sure though.

Me personally...thinks it's clunky...

But i only played like 2 MP games...I really doubt i'll be playing this for long

Eh it's ok. Feels like Black Ops 2 with worse maps, weaker armor abilites and added movement options.

I know graphics don't take away from a quality game but is there ever going to be a day where Activision tries to do something with the art style and graphics? Looks like a 2010 last gen game.

I know graphics don't take away from a quality game but is there ever going to be a day where Activision tries to do something with the art style and graphics? Looks like a 2010 last gen game.

I actually think they have improved the graphics of the game by quite a bit to be honest. 

Game plays sorta like BO2, definitely gonna like it more then ghosts. Probably wont play it after MCC comes out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I actually think they have improved the graphics of the game by quite a bit to be honest. 

Game plays sorta like BO2, definitely gonna like it more then ghosts. Probably wont play it after MCC comes out.

I agree with everything you said.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Think ranked doesn't have everything unlocked either, uses same as pubs. Not 100% sure though.

That too :/

It's rough.  This game would be so good if there was no exo skeleton or even a playlist where the exo skeleton was disabled.  The graphics and details in the maps are a great improvement.  It looks like ARs will dominate.  Glad to see Hardpoint come back.  Everyone spawns behind you every time.  Better than Ghosts but not close to BO2 for me.  Exo skeleton really makes me miss BO2.

I will be playing this game and hope it improves.  Give me a playlist with exo skeletons disabled and i'd be about 100000000x happier about this game.

Probably will be Black Ops 3

Black Ops 3

Ghosts 2

AW 2

WWII Treyarch

Ghosts 3

AW 3

All of us sub players will shed tears of happiness if it is BO3.

I guess I will need to give it a go when I get home from work. On here it seems like it sucks....If you head over to the CoDAW and CoDCompetitive sub reddits it seems like its really good outside of a few spawn and balance issues.

Not sure who to believe...

It's rough.  This game would be so good if there was no exo skeleton or even a playlist where the exo skeleton was disabled.  The graphics and details in the maps are a great improvement.  It looks like ARs will dominate.  Glad to see Hardpoint come back.  Everyone spawns behind you every time.  Better than Ghosts but not close to BO2 for me.  Exo skeleton really makes me miss BO2.

I will be playing this game and hope it improves.  Give me a playlist with exo skeletons disabled and i'd be about 100000000x happier about this game.

probably personal preference, but i completely agree

Well this thread isnt riddled with unbias Halo fanboyism. ;)    (at all)

Honestly it's more of COD fanboyism lol 

Like how do u even predict map flow? u can like jump over everything.

I guess I will need to give it a go when I get home from work. On here it seems like it sucks....If you head over to the CoDAW and CoDCompetitive sub reddits it seems like its really good outside of a few spawn and balance issues.

Not sure who to believe...

Can it be that it's sort of like beginning of Halo 4, where the hype was huge...and then after a month or so it crashed and burned?

Honeymoon phase..

Can it be that it's sort of like beginning of Halo 4, where the hype was huge...and then after a month or so it crashed and burned?

Honeymoon phase..

Nah.. COD has proven that even with a "not so good" game, it will still survive and thrive for the year.  Then it will just get replaced. Competitive leagues will still support it, there will still be COD Champs, etc, etc..

Nah.. COD has proven that even with a "not so good" game, it will still survive and thrive for the year.  Then it will just get replaced. Competitive leagues will still support it, there will still be COD Champs, etc, etc..

that....is true...

that....is true...

And it is true, because their players/pro's actually give a shit about building the community.  

(regardless of a mediocre title)

And it is true, because their players/pro's actually give a shit about building the community.  

(regardless of a mediocre title)

Ok, I've watched a decent amount of streams. The game looks like it will be ok competitively at 4v4. There seem to be more than enough small to medium maps suited for competitive. It is AR heavy at the moment but that could change with patches. There is definitely a longer time to kill than ghosts however, I've heard a few competitive players say the aim assist still leaves a bit to be desired. I think exo jumping/ boosting will be fine in competitive only because you show up on radar when you use them. There is a perk which prevents you from showing up on the radar but that would probably have to be banned. The exo stim which temporarily gives you extra health also may need to be banned. The spawns in hardpoint supposedly might need work. I've yet to see people really give uplink a chance.

The public matches on the other hand even more clunky and chaotic than ever before with 6v6 and people quite literally spawning on each other. There is also very little respawn wait, if any at the moment. Its probably way too early to judge the ranked playlist but it seems to function similarly to league play in BO2. 

As for CoD pros caring about the community...I agree, some do, just as many in the Halo community did. The thing with CoD is that the games come out every year. People are willing to put up with a crap game if there is prize money for about a year. Even Halo 4, as bad as it was, was put up with by many pros for about as long as CoD pros did with Ghosts. Ghosts' population actually plummeted to levels just as bad as Halo 4 towards the end of its year, if not worse. And they had a much bigger population to start the year off. But with a bad Halo title, that's usually 3 years of putting up with a terrible game. Nobody is willing to do that. CoD will always have the next title ready every year. And with that comes new interest and optimism just as we are seeing right now for the MCC.

• Upvote (+1) 3