CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

The game has been in the works for three years. I highly doubt most of these ideas sprung from Titanfall. 

Titanfall has been in the works since shortly after MW2 when the IW team split. It's not that far of a stretch to think, in the multi million dollar gaming industry, companies will know what their competitors plan to do. What I'm about to say may be a stretch, but it's almost like Activision brought in a 3rd developer for CoD to compete with Titanfall, a game they worried would be a monster. 

Looks like a fun game casually, probably more so than the last few CODs IMO. Competitively though it will probably be a mess. 

People die VERY quick maybe faster than ghosts.

Yeah, I hate that.

Would rather have fast base movement and no thruster/double jump than the clunkyness it appears to be right now

Exo-skeletons are a pre-cursor to Titans... just sayin' 

There's some sort of mech like killstreak in the game as well.

Its funny how a lot of these ideas are being recycled / introduced at the same time. Did anyone else catch the jump into the ground punch thing? It instantly made me think of the H5 beta trailer. 

You could do the same thing in Crysis 2

• Upvote (+1) 1

The shit looks ridiculous. The only thing I liked was the tsunami lol.

I can already see it...

"TSUNAMI'S COMING!. RUN, MOTHERFUCKER, JUMP!"

A concern to me is map control becoming less important with double jump. Similar to why no one likes jetpack

A concern to me is map control becoming less important with double jump. Similar to why no one likes jetpack

It shouldn't be a concern for two reasons: 1) The game is shit regardless 2) They should be making the maps more vertical to make up for it, which is a good thing

It's funny how Bungie almost sorta paved the way for CoD: AW with their AA's in Reach... Evade, Jetpack, etc. and here, it looks awesome... and we all know how it worked out for Halo. Then 343 expands on them and the loadout formula... It's almost like the Halo developers knew what needed to happen with CoD to keep it interesting, but they were just obviously incorporating it all into the wrong game, all in attempts to compete with it.

And now, this is the first CoD game I've been excited about in a LONG time lol.

the game looks good.  obviously most of the casual perks and stuff will be banned for competitive.  all the esports features are there too.  

Do I think it is going to be a great competitive title? No. 

Do I think it looks fun to play on my couch? Yes. 

just because I'm a competitive guy If there is a no on the first question its a no on the second. 

I don't know what to think about AW other than just wait and see at the release day 

so apparently you can "share" certain killstreaks with players on your team.  like if you get a gunner killstreak, they can hold "x" to take control of extra turrets.

this game sounds and looks far more casual-focused and unconcerned about balance than Titanfall was.  I kinda enjoyed TF for being so unrestrained in that regard, kinda like eating junk food.  but this may be too much for me.

I want to comment on how CoD has different organisations hosting tournaments for another thread help me out trying to name them all 

MLG (Columbus, X-games, Anaheim, and Season 3 playoffs)

UMG (Philly, and Dallas) 

Gfinity (G3)

CoD Champs

EGL how many of them I don't know 

I want to comment on how CoD has different organisations hosting tournaments for another thread help me out trying to name them all

MLG (Columbus, X-games, Anaheim, and Season 3 playoffs)

UMG (Philly, and Dallas)

Gfinity (G3)

CoD Champs

EGL how many of them I don't know

UGC, AEL. Only 2 others i can think of

so apparently you can "share" certain killstreaks with players on your team.  like if you get a gunner killstreak, they can hold "x" to take control of extra turrets.

this game sounds and looks far more casual-focused and unconcerned about balance than Titanfall was.  I kinda enjoyed TF for being so unrestrained in that regard, kinda like eating junk food.  but this may be too much for me.

The co-op Killstreaks require more kills.

For example if you get the Warbird it will take say 1000 points (don't know exact number) but you can upgrade it to require 1350 points to allow the co OP feature