CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

Welp my prediction of Formal never winning a CoD Ghost event ended up being wrong.

Yeah, Glad I don't follow Cod, who gives a shit who came from what game, as if he still gets shit for it tho.

We all know If a CoD player came over to try and play Halo everyone would give them shit its not a one way street. Most CoD players don't give him shit any more that was only when he got t16 with tK at champs which was a Top 2 team before that event. 

Formal has so much raw skill. Kid is a monster! Grats to him.

Two completely different games to get good at, but as you can tell not everyone can do it. 

Think it would have been more impressive if Formal won an event in Halo at its peak (h3) but can't fault him for being young/not competing at a young age. Didn't he come in the Reach scene? 

Think it would have been more impressive if Formal won an event in Halo at its peak (h3) but can't fault him for being young/not competing at a young age. Didn't he come in the Reach scene? 

He attended Anaheim in 2009 as his first event and made it out of the open bracket (top 32). He must have been 14 or 15 years old in his first and only H3 event. But he didn't attend another event until 2011 for Reach but he immediately got to top 6.  

He attended Anaheim in 2009 as his first event and made it out of the open bracket (top 32). He must have been 14 or 15 years old in his first and only H3 event. But he didn't attend another event until 2011 for Reach but he immediately got to top 6.  

Yeah thats what I figured. Would have been really cool to see him at his halo peak, but in h3 and/or h2. Probably could have been a Snipedown type pick up for any teams back then, Wonder if he will compete in MCC (if there are tournaments) 

Nade said Optic was not going and Crim said Eg was not either 

The stream is starting in 10 minutes. You can watch on mlg.tv/cod for competitive analysis or twitch.tv/callofduty for a basic stream

• Upvote (+1) 1

It looks like it will be a fun casual game. They are going to have to basically strip half the game for competitive. 

Also US trends (see last one)

f0c08334693bce89f03cdbffc9c8f7a8.png

• Upvote (+1) 1

It looks like it will be a fun casual game. They are going to have to basically strip half the game for competitive. 

Also US trends (see last one)

f0c08334693bce89f03cdbffc9c8f7a8.png

LOL Titanfall 2 is trending.

All of the maps had inside features with the wave, the turrets on the 3 lane map, the blue tracker lines. I wonder if you can turn all those off. I think you will be able to turn the wave off but the other 2 I doubt it.

I'm sorry, but whatever hype I had for this game just went away after watching the reveal stream. It looks like they wanted to make a CoD title to directly compete with Titanfall. Essentially all the new abilities they mentioned were almost laughable gimmicky. They mentioned a new game mode Uplink which is nothing but Ricochet from Halo 4. Like I get that people are excited for any new game after dealing with a year of Ghosts, but AW has got to be the silliest looking CoD I've ever seen. Here are a few things I have issue with.

Double jumping and hovering, essentially a jetpack, active camo, wrist mounted noob tube, the TTK looks faster than Ghosts, tracker drone, boost dodge, a jump in the air and pound the ground melee move, a tracking grenade, essentially making yourself a trophy system, sharable scorestreaks, see through walls ability, boost slide, etc.

I feel like this game is going to be a hot mess. I suppose it could be okay competitively, but they will have to gouge the game in half to make it so. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

This looks to be the Reach/H4 of CoD. Great opportunity for Halo to step up and reclaim their rightful place on top.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't understand the big reactionary hoo har to be honest. Isn't COD supposed to be the insanely stuffed pinata that rains down goodies from every orifice? So long as the points system is balanced it'll be that clusterfucky experience everyone buys COD for but with better movement options.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm sorry, but whatever hype I had for this game just went away after watching the reveal stream. It looks like they wanted to make a CoD title to directly compete with Titanfall. Essentially all the new abilities they mentioned were almost laughable gimmicky. They mentioned a new game mode Uplink which is nothing but Ricochet from Halo 4. Like I get that people are excited for any new game after dealing with a year of Ghosts, but AW has got to be the silliest looking CoD I've ever seen. Here are a few things I have issue with.

Double jumping and hovering, essentially a jetpack, active camo, wrist mounted noob tube, the TTK looks faster than Ghosts, tracker drone, boost dodge, a jump in the air and pound the ground melee move, a tracking grenade, essentially making yourself a trophy system, sharable scorestreaks, see through walls ability, boost slide, etc.

I feel like this game is going to be a hot mess. I suppose it could be okay competitively, but they will have to gouge the game in half to make it so. 

The game has been in the works for three years. I highly doubt most of these ideas sprung from Titanfall. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The game has been in the works for three years. I highly doubt most of these ideas sprung from Titanfall. 

Its funny how a lot of these ideas are being recycled / introduced at the same time. Did anyone else catch the jump into the ground punch thing? It instantly made me think of the H5 beta trailer. 

• Upvote (+1) 3