CyReN

Call of Duty Discussion

Does anyone want a CoD Ghosts Black Ops II Camo Pre-Order code? I have an extra from when I switched my ghosts preorder from PS4 to 360/XBO.

Ill take it if you dont mind.

Does anyone want a CoD Ghosts Black Ops II Camo Pre-Order code? I have an extra from when I switched my ghosts preorder from PS4 to 360/XBO.

YES PLEASE I WILL FIGHT RYAANSKI FOR IT.

• Upvote (+1) 1

YES PLEASE I WILL FIGHT RYAANSKI FOR IT.

I already gave it to Ryaanski D: I might be able to get another if you really want one though :P

I already gave it to Ryaanski D: I might be able to get another if you really want one though :P

BANNED.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BANNED.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nah but for real, if you need to get another preorder code I can change my brothers preorder and get you one, so it's no problem, but, I sense a decent bit of sarcasm, and if you banned me, I would resort to the ODIN STRIKE INBOUND.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Nah but for real, if you need to get another preorder code I can change my brothers preorder and get you one, so it's no problem, but, I sense a decent bit of sarcasm, and if you banned me, I would resort to the ODIN STRIKE INBOUND.

Lol it's all good - I'm going to be preordering very soon anyways :]

Lol it's all good - I'm going to be preordering very soon anyways :]

Depending on where you preorder, if you want a next gen version from gamestop, you'll probably have to pay it in full, at least that's what I was told I had to do to get a next gen CE.

Unfortunate if you want a Next Gen CE, but understandable in some ways. Normally I try to get the highest edition of CoD preorders, but I don't have 200 bucks to drop on a CE especially with dropping 500 on a new console.

I would actually fight the first guy in the second video if he talked to me like that. Fucking Christ. Especially if I was losing. Throw a controller at him or something and probably get deemed a hero.

I feel sorry for you. I hear there is a lot less player communication on PS3. That would bore me. I play COD for the trash talk.

Yeah it sucks. The only time anyone has a microphone is when there is a girl in the lobby.

You know what sucks? The CoD community doesn't use DLC, because they don't believe that people should have to pay for maps to play competitively, which, is a shame in some aspects. I love Uplink/Summit and Studio/Firing Range, especially Summit flag and Firing Range Dom. 

Also, I hate how Treyarch fucked the spawns up for dom in BO2, sucks that it had to get taken out of the circuit, but they do have a slightly different method for playing through series for competitive matchups.

They don't use DLC? That sucks, Uplink, Cove, and I think it's called Rush(the paintball map) are all good maps. Yeah it pissed me off when I saw Dom wasn't on the circuit, I'd much rather have that then S&D, I hate S&D.

Yeah it sucks. The only time anyone has a microphone is when there is a girl in the lobby.

They don't use DLC? That sucks, Uplink, Cove, and I think it's called Rush(the paintball map) are all good maps. Yeah it pissed me off when I saw Dom wasn't on the circuit, I'd much rather have that then S&D, I hate S&D.

I hear you on that one. People freak out when they hear a girl gamer.

I used to hate SnD also until I played it a lot in league and then I started to like it and adopted it as my pub playlist. I used to complain all the time about playing SnD when my friends wanted to play it. I guess my view of it changed after playing it so much.

I hear you on that one. People freak out when they hear a girl gamer.

I used to hate SnD also until I played it a lot in league and then I started to like it and adopted it as my pub playlist. I used to complain all the time about playing SnD when my friends wanted to play it. I guess my view of it changed after playing it so much.

I hate playing it cause I'm either the first one dead and not a help to my team or I'm the last one alive and try to like plant the bomb and get completely owned. The 1 life thing sucks hard too. SnD is definitely my weakest playlist, I should probably play that a lot more to force myself to like it and get better at it.

Uplink, Studio should be on the circuit.

Search and Destroy has always been a competitive gametype, CoD took it from Counter Strike and improved it greatly. I would love to see CoD have Dom, HP, CTF, SnD, KC as gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hate getting CTF in league play. People ALWAYS quit. It never fails.

I played for about 4-5ish hours yesterday, and started out as Platinum 89. After I was finished playing I ended on a Platinum 90. That's annoying.. -_-

I know most people here don't follow Call of Duty that well but I try to follow it as much as a can. I couldn't help but feel some type of deja vu when reading and hearing about the new Call of Duty game, Call of Duty: Ghosts. It reminded me so much of when Halo: Reach information was first released and many pros were trying to be optimistic but the information we had about the game was god awful. Take a look at some of these videos and let me know what you think.

So far

-No theater mode

-No Hardpoint (stable for competitive play)

-Possibly no Capture the Flag (other than the new type of CTF they created which has no place in competitive play)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnRBpfS1Hq8

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Not really the fall as Infinity Ward has NEVER supported competitive gaming. The confirmation that Ghosts will be on MLG next years is more than what most COD players had hoped for.

Nadeshot and Scumpii just lost in the finals of a 2v2 SnD tournament by a half a second. Damn.

Nadeshot and Scumpii just lost in the finals of a 2v2 SnD tournament by a half a second. Damn.

That last kill on Nadeshot was insane

I know most people here don't follow Call of Duty that well but I try to follow it as much as a can. I couldn't help but feel some type of deja vu when reading and hearing about the new Call of Duty game, Call of Duty: Ghosts. It reminded me so much of when Halo: Reach information was first released and many pros were trying to be optimistic but the information we had about the game was god awful. Take a look at some of these videos and let me know what you think.

So far

-No theater mode

-No Hardpoint (stable for competitive play)

-Possibly no Capture the Flag (other than the new type of CTF they created which has no place in competitive play)

You do realize the Xbox One has a DVR that you can rewind any gameplay, which basically eliminates the need for theater?

Every pro that I know of complains about Hardpoint. Besides we haven't even seen all their gametypes in action, yet less got a feel for them. A little early to be calling it the downfall, isn't it?

The fact that IW even mentioned esports is interesting as they neither need the small population of esports or have to include it, so the simple fact of them mentioning it gives me hope. I will reserve judgment until I play it. 

You do realize the Xbox One has a DVR that you can rewind any gameplay, which basically eliminates the need for theater?

Every pro that I know of complains about Hardpoint. Besides we haven't even seen all their gametypes in action, yet less got a feel for them. A little early to be calling it the downfall, isn't it?

The fact that IW even mentioned esports is interesting as they neither need the small population of esports or have to include it, so the simple fact of them mentioning it gives me hope. I will reserve judgment until I play it. 

You must not have watched the first video. Also, I have no idea why any pro would complain about Hardpoint? If you could specify which pro that would be great. I will also reserve my judgement too, I am just saying it feels a little nostalgic to when Halo: Reach came out.

Well Call of Duty has always had the issue of (at least in my opinion) Infinity Ward making the better games, but not having the proper LAN support. If MW2 had LAN support at launch, people would have thought it was an amazing competitive title. Unfortunately, even with the loss of Theater Mode, Hardpoint and standard CTF, I still see this game being successful simply because it will be on the MLG circuit for a full year, and it will have another World Series. 

Most people I've talked to seem positive for this game. Of course there's some unease about how it will play without certain things, but I think that in the long run the game will work out for the competitive community. 

You must not have watched the first video. Also, I have no idea why any pro would complain about Hardpoint? If you could specify which pro that would be great. I will also reserve my judgement too, I am just saying it feels a little nostalgic to when Halo: Reach came out.

I can't find the link after searching for it and the comments may have been in frustration to previous settings, but the complaints were about the use of Trophies and hill spawns. I'm almost certain it was Optic. Me personally I still think SnD is the way to go and always has been. Hardpoint is way too killstreak friendly and in competitive settings, capping the hill should not get you killstreak points imo.