CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

I don't really know what to expect from the Single Player but I thoroughly enjoyed TF1's multiplayer and it looks like they are just expanding on it and adding more depth, so I'm super pumped for it. Hopefully they carry over a lot of the features they added to TF1 post-launch.

I don't really know what to expect from the Single Player but I thoroughly enjoyed TF1's multiplayer and it looks like they are just expanding on it and adding more depth, so I'm super pumped for it. Hopefully they carry over a lot of the features they added to TF1 post-launch.

Same.  I still hop on TF1 occasionally but it's starting to show its age and it needs a controller that is PERFECT.  the slightest drift or slow turn makes it unplayable when other games are fine.

As someone who loved Titanfall 1, TF2 just isn't cutting it.

I got a Titan once over two games, and even then I only got it at the very end of the match. Movement is much slower, wall running included compared to TF1. For some reason everyone is outlined with a red blur so you can see them really easily.

You also can't have a Pistol & Anti-Titan weapon anymore (that I can tell?). I was stuck with some shitty anti-Titan weapon that did no damage to Titans.

Hopefully some major changes are made after these tests/beta because this game just became one to rent for the campaign.

• Upvote (+1) 1

As someone who loved Titanfall 1, TF2 just isn't cutting it.

I got a Titan once over two games, and even then I only got it at the very end of the match. Movement is much slower, wall running included compared to TF1. For some reason everyone is outlined with a red blur so you can see them really easily.

You also can't have a Pistol & Anti-Titan weapon anymore (that I can tell?). I was stuck with some shitty anti-Titan weapon that did no damage to Titans.

Hopefully some major changes are made after these tests/beta because this game just became one to rent for the campaign.

Supposedly they didn't like the floatyness of the originals.

Supposedly they didn't like the floatyness of the originals.

Well, that's a shame. I loved it.

I just wanted more content, customisation and a better prestige system :(

I've actually went back to playing the co-op mode on TF1 today.

Fun as hell. Infinitely better than Warzone Firefight.

After being excited all day at work yesterday to play the tech test, I am thoroughly disappointed.

-Where is the AI?

-Why in Bounty Hunt are there just two general drop zones for both teams to shoot? What happened to the factions of the first game?

-In the aforementioned mode, hope your team has titans or you're in for getting steam rolled while the opposing team farms the two points unopposed.

-Why is there so much open space when a defining feature of the first was the smooth parkour system?

-Why can't I have a side arm and anti-titan weapon?

-Why do these new titans feel like slow trash cans? Titans in TF1 felt like extension of your pilot, they reacted well but still had weight. This feels like I'm walking a brick. There is no outplaying your opponents in a titan now, if you meet it's just a slug fest

-Why would you make hardpoint more about camping points than movement and constant capping?

-After tuning the R101C in the first game well, they apparently forgot about the balance work they did. This gun once again just dominates.

-Non customizable titans is a bad decision. I feel like this was a bleed through from the single player campaign where your Titan has a "Personality".

-The new rodeo mechanic is stupid.

Are these even the same developers? I put a huge amount of time into TF1, I'm pretty shocked the way this game has turned out. At least Respawn saved me 60 bucks I guess.

Edit: Thought of more

All the impressions I've seeing from this game are either indifferent or negative. And honestly, I'm bored out of my mind watching the beta gameplay. I no longer have an Xbox One to try the beta out but I think I'll at least be skipping a PC launch purchase for this one.

After being excited all day at work yesterday to play the tech test, I am thoroughly disappointed.

-Where is the AI?

-Why in Bounty Hunt are there just two general drop zones for both teams to shoot? What happened to the factions of the first game?

-In the aforementioned mode, hope your team has titans or you're in for getting steam rolled while the opposing team farms the two points unopposed.

-Why is there so much open space when a defining feature of the first was the smooth parkour system?

-Why can't I have a side arm and anti-titan weapon?

-Why do these new titans feel like slow trash cans? Titans in TF1 felt like extension of your pilot, they reacted well but still had weight. This feels like I'm walking a brick. There is no outplaying your opponents in a titan now, if you meet it's just a slug fest

-Why would you make hardpoint more about camping points than movement and constant capping?

-After tuning the R101C in the first game well, they apparently forgot about the balance work they did. This gun once again just dominates.

-Non customizable titans is a bad decision. I feel like this was a bleed through from the single player campaign where your Titan has a "Personality".

-The new rodeo mechanic is stupid.

Are these even the same developers? I put a huge amount of time into TF1, I'm pretty shocked the way this game has turned out. At least Respawn saved me 60 bucks I guess.

Edit: Thought of more

Mkay Im going to try to explain some of these

1. Most of these gametypes are trying to so off the PvP and so AI are disabled.

2. There have ever only been two factions, IMC and Militia.

3. Eh

4. No idea, probably to compensate for GH.

5. Balancing reasons most likely.

6. Some Titans have the boost removed.

7. Its not just about camping, you have to choose between capping another flag or getting those extra points.

8. Its not too bad.

9. No, the personality isnt why.

10. The new rodeo mechanic is far superior.

Mkay Im going to try to explain some of these

1. Most of these gametypes are trying to so off the PvP and so AI are disabled.

2. There have ever only been two factions, IMC and Militia.

3. Eh

4. No idea, probably to compensate for GH.

5. Balancing reasons most likely.

6. Some Titans have the boost removed.

7. Its not just about camping, you have to choose between capping another flag or getting those extra points.

8. Its not too bad.

9. No, the personality isnt why.

10. The new rodeo mechanic is far superior.

1. Do you have a source on this? Everything I have read has pointed to Bounty Hunt being the only mode with AI in the game. I would like to be wrong here.

2. Yes, did you not understand my point? The AI "faction" in Bounty Hunt is hunted by both teams.

3. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You like the large snowball effects of this? With Titan drops tied to points, an early lead can decide the game.

4. For the swing action I can see it, but I'm talking more about the blank open portions of the map. Again just begging the question, "why?" Homestead especially. 

5. I'd argue the first was already well balanced in this regard, and gave you a chance to outplay someone if you had just gotten out of a fight and were reloading your primary. Now you just take a death.

6. Not a change for the better, IMO. Especially now that Titans don't have shields. Something they specifically added for Titans in the first game to address this issue, check this vid:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBNf2CHRQ8E&feature=youtu.be&t=30m8s

7. The extra points are always well worth it.

8. This I will agree with. While it is still a strong weapon, after more experimentation the hip fire SMG's are also back to TF1 levels of greatness.

9. OK, let's say that it's not. Gearing your titan to be anti-titan, anti-pilot, or a strange mix added to the game. Forcing weapon use onto a specific chassis was not the way       to go. Limits player choice

10. In what ways do you find it to be superior? The first had a better risk v. reward and was a bit deeper than just hopping on. Guns affected brain case damage, you could do satchel setups, stim at the perfect time and get through an electric smoke, etc. Defending pilots could also hop out and actually kill you before you did damage, and even use cluster defensively (at the expense of shields/health)

Now there is no reason to leave your Titan. Electric smoke if its up, otherwise just stay in and try to kill the pilot after he jumps off with your battery. He can't do any additional damage.

To make it seem like I'm not some bitter angry TF1 nerd ( I am ) I will say some things I do enjoy about TF2:

-The slide feels good and natural, I like how your gun stays up. Can pull some great moves with it.

-SMG hip fire feels good too

-Hit detection seems to be a lot better than the original, less lagging hitboxes.

-The network/lobby system is great

-I like the art direction on some of the models, with some pilots essentially being robots with a brain case (ala GitS)

One thing that I also miss from the first is that the game never pulled you out of first person. I remember the first time I got my neck snapped, ripped out of my titan, etc. Was pretty damn entertaining.

**EDIT**

Also, how does everyone feel about the game modes?

I played CTF, Hard Point, and LTS mostly in the original, usually just did Attrition to warm up. I'm not a huge fan of having to "cash in" in BH. Kills game play flow.

Pilot Hunter is still Pilot Hunter. Good game mode to get your straight PvP on.

1. Do you have a source on this? Everything I have read has pointed to Bounty Hunt being the only mode with AI in the game. I would like to be wrong here.

2. Yes, did you not understand my point? The AI "faction" in Bounty Hunt is hunted by both teams.

3. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. You like the large snowball effects of this? With Titan drops tied to points, an early lead can decide the game.

4. For the swing action I can see it, but I'm talking more about the blank open portions of the map. Again just begging the question, "why?" Homestead especially.

5. I'd argue the first was already well balanced in this regard, and gave you a chance to outplay someone if you had just gotten out of a fight and were reloading your primary. Now you just take a death.

6. Not a change for the better, IMO. Especially now that Titans don't have shields. Something they specifically added for Titans in the first game to address this issue, check this vid:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBNf2CHRQ8E&feature=youtu.be&t=30m8s

7. The extra points are always well worth it.

8. This I will agree with. While it is still a strong weapon, after more experimentation the hip fire SMG's are also back to TF1 levels of greatness.

9. OK, let's say that it's not. Gearing your titan to be anti-titan, anti-pilot, or a strange mix added to the game. Forcing weapon use onto a specific chassis was not the waydank teato go. Limits player choice

10. In what ways do you find it to be superior? The first had a better risk v. reward and was a bit deeper than just hopping on. Guns affected brain case damage, you could do satchel setups, stim at the perfect time and get through an electric smoke, etc. Defending pilots could also hop out and actually kill you before you did damage, and even use cluster defensively (at the expense of shields/health)

Now there is no reason to leave your Titan. Electric smoke if its up, otherwise just stay in and try to kill the pilot after he jumps off with your battery. He can't do any additional damage.

To make it seem like I'm not some bitter angry TF1 nerd ( I am ) I will say some things I do enjoy about TF2:

-The slide feels good and natural, I like how your gun stays up. Can pull some great moves with it.

-SMG hip fire feels good too

-Hit detection seems to be a lot better than the original, less lagging hitboxes.

-The network/lobby system is great

-I like the art direction on some of the models, with some pilots essentially being robots with a brain case (ala GitS)

One thing that I also miss from the first is that the game never pulled you out of first person. I remember the first time I got my neck snapped, ripped out of my titan, etc. Was pretty damn entertaining.

http://teambeyond.net/titanfall-2-multiplayer-tech-test-dates-announced/

That's where I got it for Pilot V Pilot at least.

2. Honestly no I don't understand.

3. I said eh as no opinion.

4. Well supposedly they have a large selection of maps (even one that is entirely underground) I suppose Homestead is built for Titan gameplay mostly.

5. Can't Anti-Titan weapons do damage against Pilots though?

6. Again I just don't know.

7. It's still just a separate game type from regular Hard point.

8. Exactly.

9. At this point I think it's like that for balancing issues.

10. Because most players didn't even bother getting in Titans because of this, and it made you afraid of going into tight spaces such as indoors, which generally meant you were spending most of your time outside in wide open areas which meant Titans were harder to take down. Now a Titan can move in closer but know they have no shields but if they get bored then it's not over, giving Titans more reward for taking more risky plays and the Titans in wide open fields are going to be destroyed quickly since they don't have shields.

Man, after the Tech "Alpha" and this "Titans are now heros" bullshit, I'm 100% not buying this game.

Shame, because I loved TF1 and was looking forward to this game big time.

Was not a fan of the Beta. The movement felt a little awkward to me, but I couldn't get into it so I may have just not played enough. It truly is "COD with Mechs" for better or worse. 

Coming from someone who never played titanfall until the beta,I decided to go back and play the original game.The two big things are the movement is so clunky and the titans are so much weaker.

I'm hearing good things about the campaign. Any thoughts from others?

Campaign is THE TITS.

• Upvote (+1) 2