CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

Regarding the single player campaign.

"So we are doing our best to deliver a vision of grand global colonial warfare, retelling the story of the American Revolution and the American Civil War in space. We imagined the next generation of immigrants moving out to the new frontier of an inhabitable planet. Rather than taking a traditional sci-fi approach to that we wanted to look at how that would happen practically, what the ships would look like and with machines that were designed for excavation and construction , demolition and working the land, and what happens when they are turned into instruments of war." - Jesse Stern - Lead Writer for Respawn.

I'd seen most of what you typed up except the single player stuff. Frankly that seems like a great concept in my mind. I didn't play the first one at all because it got popular and died before I even had a chance to buy the game. I am looking forward to this with cautious curiosity.

If Titanfall 2 is anything like the first one with just more content, and a better campaign. I don't think I'm touching another game for awhile. The first Titanfall was fresh, and new, and fun as hell. Can't wait!

The first was incredibly underrated, imo. I stopped playing because I could never find friends to play with, hopefully this will get more attention.

if this game focuses on competitive multiplayer, it could be good, the core mechanics of the game were solid but the mp was trash in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I doubt they'll change the shooting mechanics, but I would be over the moon if they ditched the modern shooter ADS style for Pilots and just went with the set reticle/accuracy that the Titans had and used that across the board. It's already there, and being able to reliably fight while making crazy manoeuvres without having to resort to using the Smart Pistol would be so much fun.

That said, a proper campaign, more stable/consistent 60fps, and more launch content will hopefully give this one a better leg to stand on regardless.

Titanfall 1 is underrated because of the insane updates that went into it late in its lifespan.

• Burn Card Market
  • Great DLC Maps
  • Ranking System
  • Private Matches
  • New Game Modes/Playlists

and loads more. Throw the dope Titan gameplay, decent balance, and sick movement and the game is super fresh. If they keep all the Multiplayer additions and add new content I wouldn't even need a Campaign, but I'm hyped nonetheless.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What we know so far:

There's not a whole bunch of information out yet, but I hope you maintain this thread and update the OP so people have information or topics to discuss. Cool trailer but there isn't even anything to discuss in it really.

I'll try my best lol. It would be nice to have a NeoGAF style OT in the OP once the full game comes out to give people a heads up at everything this game has to offer. Will be something I can look into doing.

I doubt they'll change the shooting mechanics, but I would be over the moon if they ditched the modern shooter ADS style for Pilots and just went with the set reticle/accuracy that the Titans had and used that across the board. It's already there, and being able to reliably fight while making crazy manoeuvres without having to resort to using the Smart Pistol would be so much fun.

That said, a proper campaign, more stable/consistent 60fps, and more launch content will hopefully give this one a better leg to stand on regardless.

Tifanfall 2 can be the most competitive shooter on console by a mile if they ditch ADS. A man can dream...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tifanfall 2 can be the most competitive shooter on console by a mile if they ditch ADS. A man can dream...

Give or take I wouldn't care. As long as the parkour stays as fucking amazing as it was in the first.

I actually prefered the playlist without the titans for some reason. Definitely looking forward to this though.

Titanfall 1 is free to play for 1 week starting today, all the DLC is free aswell. It's basically a good time to build up some hype for the sequel.