CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

Its live right now. I am enjoying it way more than 6v6 with AI. It just feels more like a true MP experience. Makes me wish it was in the game from the beginning.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This gives me a reason to try the game again. I kick myself for buying the season pass before trying the game. (Outside the demo at PAX) 

After playing 10 games of 8v8 this is something that should have been in the game in the first place, instead of those AI Marines and Spectres that are 85% of the time useless. This mode is where I wouldn't mind having a titan roaming the map.

I'm late to this thread, but I've wanted this since the day I started playing Titanfall. It's a next-gen game by all means, but it became very stale for me after just a few weeks of play. Hats off to the devs who implemented the playlist. I'll definitely be playing soon.

The competitive side of me wants to try this... But the social side of me can't be fucked after the first week of titanfall

just picked up this game, having a ton of fun playing with my friend. we just run Attrition because its the most populated playlist

havent had this much fun since my crysis 2 days

just picked up this game, having a ton of fun playing with my friend. we just run Attrition because its the most populated playlist

havent had this much fun since my crysis 2 days

Yeah its pretty underrated imo but it does have a lot more potential. I have a blast playing this with friends though and wish I had an xbox when this game first released.

Yeah its pretty underrated imo but it does have a lot more potential. I have a blast playing this with friends though and wish I had an xbox when this game first released.

I wouldn't say games like Crysis 2 and Titanfall are underrated. Especially considering Titanfall had too much hype.

I loved Crysis 2, but i understand why the population was dead before Crysis 3 came out.

These games may have some cool mechanics, but everything else in the game causes it be such a mess. If only the targeted audience didn't lean more to the casuals.

Titanfall is just too much for me, but I respect both its capacity for skillful play and companies that also care about people playing their game rather than only money. Def trying it again today to see what's new.

Really hope Respawn learned a lot from the last one. The updates added to the game after launch showed promise but a lot of people left the game by that time. A good SP and a good MP with solid content and now with the PS4 we could have a top game for 2016.

What we know so far:

• Upvote (+1) 2

How'd I know you would be the one to post this haha. 

I played the first and liked it to an extent. Obviously was missing a lot of key features. I might give the new game a go depending what they show off at the reveal.

I want to see a campaign, a much improved multiplayer, and more weapons/titans.

They had both the casual and competitive crowds there for a month or two and blew it.  :mj:  plz respawn.

There's not a whole bunch of information out yet, but I hope you maintain this thread and update the OP so people have information or topics to discuss. Cool trailer but there isn't even anything to discuss in it really.

Various rumors/reports:

• More resources this time around for development = more content at launch.
  • I'm assuming the same engine will be used, as they talk about having the the ground work laid out from TF1 which allows for more content.
  • Will ship with a more expanded single player campaign.
  • Multi-Platform. (Not Exclusive to Xbox One)
  • Unveiling happening June 12th which should give plenty more details.

Regarding the comment on more content.

"We've definitely heard the feedback. Obviously, I can't comment on what we're doing in the next game, but the really nice thing about working on a sequel is that we've established the core of what Titanfall is. We have assets, we have an engine, we have all of these things that we laid the foundation for in the first game that now we can really build off of in the second." - Abbie Heppe - Respawns Community Manager

Regarding the single player campaign.

"So we are doing our best to deliver a vision of grand global colonial warfare, retelling the story of the American Revolution and the American Civil War in space. We imagined the next generation of immigrants moving out to the new frontier of an inhabitable planet. Rather than taking a traditional sci-fi approach to that we wanted to look at how that would happen practically, what the ships would look like and with machines that were designed for excavation and construction , demolition and working the land, and what happens when they are turned into instruments of war." - Jesse Stern - Lead Writer for Respawn.

• Upvote (+1) 2