CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

Considering the money pumped into this and the hype, and that Infamous: Second Son did a lot better I would say this is below expectations.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For a new IP, that's a lot. And it's only NA, not including 360 sales.

I don't even think it's including digital sales either is it? Wonder if they included the bundles they sold, or just the disc copies...hmm. 

this equates to less than 60million dollars in sales...kinda bad for all the hype and money that was presumably put behind the release.

I don't see how these numbers are all that bad. Also, most of the hype for this game came from a single E3 trailer. I really don't feel like there was that much of a marketing campaign around the game.

Respawn is a very good group of developers, and I think they will continue to improve Titanfall, as well as make the next release dramatically better.

It does make you wonder, would it have sold better if it had a "real" campaign.

I don't think it would have helped too much, but the total sales would have probably been over 1 million.

To people saying not bad for a new IP, you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. It has to be does the gross profit outweigh the expenses. I wonder how many Titanfall games were sold bundled with X1, or in the bundle. The game was suppose to sell systems, so if it did it's job, then you can't argue against it, but overall it came out a bit more lackluster than everyone thought given the hype. I'm sure everyone agrees with this.

Halo ce was released in November and by April the next year sold its 1 millionth copy. Just an interesting stat. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It does make you wonder, would it have sold better if it had a "real" campaign.

I don't think it would have helped too much, but the total sales would have probably been over 1 million.

I think it would have helped a lot.  I work at a Gamestop and soooo many people decided against buying it because it was online-only.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Lol infamous was an established brand with more of am install base

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo ce was released in November and by April the next year sold its 1 millionth copy. Just an interesting stat. 

Also completely random and irrelevant considering the varied circumstances of a new exclusive IP on a new console that had no ground before it standing up alone in a Japanese-company dominated market at the time. 

I just think Titanfall was not "too good" or "too bad". It was OKAY. You play it, you like it. I don't believe it was more than just a fun game, with a lot of cool ideas that will obviously be worked on WHEN there is a sequel. Considering the sales, I highly doubt there's enough credence leading EA to make it exclusive again, considering it's EA.

Also completely random and irrelevant considering the varied circumstances of a new exclusive IP on a new console that had no ground before it standing up alone in a Japanese-company dominated market at the time. 

I just think Titanfall was not "too good" or "too bad". It was OKAY. You play it, you like it. I don't believe it was more than just a fun game, with a lot of cool ideas that will obviously be worked on WHEN there is a sequel. Considering the sales, I highly doubt there's enough credence leading EA to make it exclusive again, considering it's EA.

I never stated it's relevance, but thanks for pointing it out anyway. 

OK for an average game I guess but not for what it was hyped up to be. Maybe in a couple of iterations it will be a lot for famous like COD.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Titanfall was the highest selling game on any console in March and April. For an exclusive game, that's VERY good. It did it's job in selling consoles as well, since it's release Xbox One sales gone up quite a bit.

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/04/17/march-npd-ps4-leads-hardware-sales-titanfall-rules-software/

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/05/15/april-npd-ps4-titanfall-lead-sales-again/

Watchdogs will probably lead May due to its high expectations and hype surrounding it, but Titanfall will likely be second.

For a new IP, that's a lot. And it's only NA, not including 360 sales.

I didn't buy Titanfall so the game is a complete failure, case closed

Nice... it's about time! Hopefully the maps still aren't too big.

Gives me a reason to fire up my Xbox One again though. Honestly haven't played it in months...

Also, did they ever fix the performance issues with the game? Frame-rate and everything?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nice... it's about time! Hopefully the maps still aren't too big.

Gives me a reason to fire up my Xbox One again though. Honestly haven't played it in months...

Also, did they ever fix the performance issues with the game? Frame-rate and everything?

I just picked up the game with my Xbox One and so far I haven't noticed anything major. I am actually enjoying Titanfall. I am excited to try out 8v8 no bots though.

I don't think the update is released yet because I don't see it but man everytime I play titanfall it reminds me how stupid I was being impatient and buying the xbox early instead of waiting for a good game and better deal.