CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

The skill matching they were just testing out is now fully integrated into the Attrition and Hardpoint playlists. :)

http://www.titanfall.com/news/titanfall-matchmaking-patch-update

I'm assuming this is why it is impossible to find a game right now.  GG Respawn.

Edit** yeah so this update made the game absolutely unbareable for me.  Because I'm gen 3 it takes forever to find a match and forces me to switch servers so I have perpetual lag.  Fuck you Respawn.

I'm assuming this is why it is impossible to find a game right now.  GG Respawn.

Edit** yeah so this update made the game absolutely unbareable for me.  Because I'm gen 3 it takes forever to find a match and forces me to switch servers so I have perpetual lag.  Fuck you Respawn.

Where do you live? What type of internet connection do you have? Lately I've brought my xbox one to two separate houses where there were 2/3 xboxes playing at the same type, with other people there most likely draining the internet as well. That said, I haven't gotten past 41ms ping.

I also play variety pack and capture the flag so I can't comment on the new playlists, but I'm sure they're going to be better overall for the game, even though I myself will most likely face issues. I'm a long time competitive gamer, and most friends in town that I know who have titanfall are new to gaming or casual. It's going to suck for them if the play with me, and suck for me when we get matched up against players more toward my skill level.

That sucks man, I'm lucky enough to say I have yet to face any of these issues.

Where do you live? What type of internet connection do you have? Lately I've brought my xbox one to two separate houses where there were 2/3 xboxes playing at the same type, with other people there most likely draining the internet as well. That said, I haven't gotten past 41ms ping.

I also play variety pack and capture the flag so I can't comment on the new playlists, but I'm sure they're going to be better overall for the game, even though I myself will most likely face issues. I'm a long time competitive gamer, and most friends in town that I know who have titanfall are new to gaming or casual. It's going to suck for them if the play with me, and suck for me when we get matched up against players more toward my skill level.

That sucks man, I'm lucky enough to say I have yet to face any of these issues.

Im in Hawaii.  Can't get below 80ms normally.

Oh hey, looks like Respawn is doing it again.

http://www.titanfall.com/news/next-steps

This is what good post-release support looks like. I dearly wish Halo got this kind of attention.

Doesn't 343i has Microsoft riding their ass on what they should or should not be developing.

Where as Respawn is a new studio with less of a hierarchy to push papers through, and has the freedom to do what ever the hell they want?

Doesn't 343i has Microsoft riding their ass on what they should or should not be developing.

Where as Respawn is a new studio with less of a hierarchy to push papers through, and has the freedom to do what ever the hell they want?

That's true, but I wouldn't give 343 a free pass. The Gears franchise has always received a good amount of updates (especially Gears 2), and Halo 2 & 3 received two or three large updates. Forza 5 atm is on their third update. Killer Instinct is update galore. I'm sure a company that has a parent company needs to go through more steps, but that doesn't justify what we got with Halo 4.

That's true, but I wouldn't give 343 a free pass. The Gears franchise has always received a good amount of updates (especially Gears 2), and Halo 2 & 3 received two or three large updates. Forza 5 atm is on their third update. Killer Instinct is update galore. I'm sure a company that has a parent company needs to go through more steps, but that doesn't justify what we got with Halo 4.

The time it took for updates to come out would have been more respectable if the game that was released was playable. The starting playlists were absurd, no ranks, etc. 

Anyway hows Titanfall these days?

http://survey.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3Qqme4lBlEdpDo1

If anyone is interested in the competitive side TF. GB is trying to find settings for the upcoming season. And IG/RTX will follow these settings. Just curious what you guys think the best of 3 and best of 5 gametypes should be. 

The popular choices are
Best of 3.

CTF

Hardpoint/Dom

Last Titan Standing

Best of 5

CTF

Last Titan Standing

Hardpoint/Dom

CTF

Last Titan Standing

• Upvote (+1) 3

http://survey.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3Qqme4lBlEdpDo1

If anyone is interested in the competitive side TF. GB is trying to find settings for the upcoming season. And IG/RTX will follow these settings. Just curious what you guys think the best of 3 and best of 5 gametypes should be. 

The popular choices are

Best of 3.

CTF

Hardpoint/Dom

Last Titan Standing

Best of 5

CTF

Last Titan Standing

Hardpoint/Dom

CTF

Last Titan Standing

Hey Matt SharP

• Upvote (+1) 1

After playing four a few hours (almost a Generation 2) I've come to the conclusion that this game could be so much more, but is pretty bad as is.

• Titans should not be able to cross map kill a pilot. I know it's more realistic, but as far as balance goes, it shouldn't happen. Especially with how long it takes to take down a titan. If you use teamwork you can really wreck a titan quickly, but this game is very casual, so it's frustrating just trying to put damage into a titan, he spots you, and kills you in a matter of a second. 
  • CTF is a terrible gametype with Titans being able to pick up, move, and score the flag. It would be my favorite game type if not for this feature.
  • Grunts and Spectre's are the worst thing to happen to this game. They are literally useless bots. They don't shoot back, they don't do anything. They're free kills. I feel like I'm playing a campaign mode on "very easy" when shooting Grunts and Spectre's. It's also frustrating when you see a group of them, decide to shoot them, and a human player is right there but you can't differentiate between them and he kills you. If they actually were somewhat useless, they wouldn't be as bad, but I still wouldn't enjoy them
  • If you're not using a Carbine + Suppressor against decent players, you're going to get stomped on. It's way too balanced at all ranges making other weapons completely useless. They should have made a carbine with worse stats to start out with, and maybe have this Carbine at level 50. Those that refuse to prestige will still have the Carbine, but those that haven't, won't, and it'll make the game more balanced. 
  • Titans are just too overpowered. Maybe not in high end matches with communication, I haven't watched, but in pubs they are. I've called in my Stryder within the first few minutes of the game, whenever you get it, and just dashed around the map, stepping on people, and shooting them and lasting the entire match with it. It's actually not fun when it happens so frequently, I actually want to play as a Pilot and shoot people with my gun so I'll send it out on Auto-Titan. You should get say, one Titan a game, or have your Titan last about 30 seconds to a minute, then you have to get out or something.
  • Nuclear Ejection is ********.

This game has a ton of potential, it just needs some serious tweaking. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Respawn Entertainment's Titanfall has sold 925,000 units in its first quarter, according to Electronic Arts.

This is "great," according to EA COO Peter Moore, as Titanfall on Xbox One and PC spent just three weeks on the fiscal quarter's calendar. It was Xbox One's best-selling game in March. This did not include the Xbox 360 release.

via IGN.

----------

Not a bad start for a new IP on a new system.

Not really much. If this is across PC and Xbone.

For a new IP, that's a lot. And it's only NA, not including 360 sales.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not really much. If this is across PC and Xbone.

As Eagle said, its a brand new IP on a newborn console. Titanfall will continue to sell throughout the Xbox One's lifecycle; not dramatically, obviously, but it will be a go-to FPS for the Xbox.