CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

Good review.

/watch?v=ZhUHOqaC5

I'm really getting sick of people begging Respawn to add more weapons, customization, and attachments. Acting as if that's what makes a shooter good nowadays. I'm not surprised Angry Joe has this opinion, but it's just another sign that the core mechanics in shooters are becoming secondary issues while the weapon and attachment dick waving contest is the primary one. Every year, it gets worst and I'll be shocked if Respawn doesn't give in to these complaints. And that will of course make Titanfall 2 a mash of ten weapons per class where the only differences are in the fire rate and damage stats, just so they can say they have more weapons than [insert popular military shooter here], along with eight attachments per gun.

I feel like a grumpy old man yelling at the kids in his yard when saying things like this. It fucking sucks.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm really getting sick of people begging Respawn to add more weapons, customization, and attachments. Acting as if that's what makes a shooter good nowadays. I'm not surprised Angry Joe has this opinion, but it's just another sign that the core mechanics in shooters are becoming secondary issues while the weapon and attachment dick waving contest is the primary one. Every year, it gets worst and I'll be shocked if Respawn doesn't give in to these complaints. And that will of course make Titanfall 2 a mash of ten weapons per class where the only differences are in the fire rate and damage stats, just so they can say they have more weapons than [insert popular military shooter here], along with eight attachments per gun.

I feel like a grumpy old man yelling at the kids in his yard when saying things like this. It fucking sucks.

I feel the same way man. Throughout the week more and more of my friends have decided to get xbox one and titanfall. It's ridiculous the complaints they have, what they feel they're entitled to, and what they take for granted. I'm hoping respawn is smart enough to realize balance and mechanics are a higher priority than other aspects of the game. It seems like they are.. I read an article on their DLC and if it contains Titans, and it stated how originally the game was going to come with only 1 titan due to balance issues. Some of the team desperately wanted to add more, which in my opinion worked out.

I've heard complaints about lack of guns. Lack of gametypes, and for some reason, a big issue seems to be that you can't change the skin of your mech. Like WTF? I can understand people complaining about spectator mode or custom lobbies because they only play huge AAA games and feel entitled to things that were never announced, or made known that it wasn't going to be included. None of my friends care that I can die on B in hardpoint, and utilize the wall jumping to make it back to B before they cap.. Or angel city hardpoint. C flag is in a small warehouse, and on the left are huge boxes that you can go behind. I had an amazing play on two pilots who shot me before I knew they were there. I was able to just bounce from wall to wall and get behind one and snap his neck, then do it again to his friend all while they were trying to kill me. Apparently they aren't able to think outside of the box or think that quickly on their feet to utilize all that the game has to offer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Personally I find the leanness of the loadout options to be a very refreshing and welcome approach. It's nice not having something like 5 or more variations of an automatic weapon, of a shotgun, of an SMG etcetera. It's more of a "pick up and play" approach and everything feels more clear cut because of it.

I feel the same way about Titanfall having less weapons and combos the same way I felt about WoW removing 51 point talent trees. It's a non issue. All we had with 51 point talent trees was the illusion of choice. There was always a best spec and to be the best you HAD to use that build. I feel the same way about games like CoD. Sure there are tons of options but if you want to be good you find the best weapon to fit your role and you go with it. The rest just sit there. So why does it matter?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone know why at the end of the game, it will say I killed 10 pilots, but in the lobby stats, it will say i killed more? Are some not counting towards the game score? I finish some games and feel like I was wrecking, but it only says i killed like 9 or so.

Also, every single ordnance is way OP in my opinion. Sometimes i'll throw 2 arc grenades in some cramped situations and i'll kill myself because of the 2nd grenade and its like 50 feet away from me.

My biggest and only complaint is how OP Titans are in this game. Everybody gets one and when the other team has like 4 ogre titans at once its impossible to kill. I thought the pilots and titans were l probably balanced from the gameplay resale released but I was wrong.

Danimal, are those extra pilot kills taking place in the epilogue? Also have you used the shotgun and 40(50)mm cannon on the Titan during this regen? If not, start right now. You cannot go to regen 3 unless you complete various challenges, which for both me and my friend, involved shotgun kills and 40mm cannon kills. It's gonna take a while so u might as well do it while you can still gain experience

Jbee, yeah it's a bit annoying. Impossible by yourself but very easy with players that communicate. Even when in groups it's easy to target one and take them out instantly. Usually we have one guy who tries to jump on it, either he distracts the Titan for us while the rest use our Anti Titan weapons, or he's distracted with us and the rodeoing pilot will kill him. When they're in groups the rodeo pilot can usually jump right to another. It's easier said than done though. I've been up in hard point by 100 just to lose by 100 because they all have titans.

My biggest and only complaint is how OP Titans are in this game. Everybody gets one and when the other team has like 4 ogre titans at once its impossible to kill. I thought the pilots and titans were l probably balanced from the gameplay resale released but I was wrong.

Sounds like you just let games spiral out of control. Teamwork is the key to winning in this game. Titans and players are balanced just fine. 

Danimal, are those extra pilot kills taking place in the epilogue? Also have you used the shotgun and 40(50)mm cannon on the Titan during this regen? If not, start right now. You cannot go to regen 3 unless you complete various challenges, which for both me and my friend, involved shotgun kills and 40mm cannon kills. It's gonna take a while so u might as well do it while you can still gain experience

Im not sure, but that would definitely explain it though. Good call. Thats pretty lame about the shotgun kills and such. At first, i just played as a pilot, and never got into titans. But then i started using them for a bit. But once i started wrecking with the DMR, i dont need to get in titans and im always in the top 2 on my team. Depends on how the lobby is playing

Not sure i agree, but i definitely understand. 1 vs 2,3,4 titan battles are never ever going to go in your favor. But i havent really found a truly dominating anti titan weapon though. I just use the laser thing.

Sounds like you just let games spiral out of control. Teamwork is the key to winning in this game. Titans and players are balanced just fine. 

I feel this. Ive always wanted to get some players together and literally pounce on titans. Have like 2-3 players in titans, and ~3 auto titans. And then have the 3 remaining pilots use their anti titan weapons and just focus on one or two guys that your own titans are facing.

Also for like titan warfare, i was thinking you could have like 2-4 Ogres getting right up in the enemies face in close range stuff. Then have a stryder constantly flanking and then just have like an atlas just sitting back with the chain gun putting in medium to long distance shots on things. ¯\(°_o)/¯

I'm curious as to how much damage a fully charged Plasma Railgun shot would do if it was coming from an Atlas with it's Damage Core active. The Railgun already does crazy high damage (especially if you land critical hits), so I'm wondering if it could 1 shot a Stryder once the shields are gone. If not, I bet it would be close.

I can taste his bitterness.

As someone who watches him, Y? would he be bitter.

Game is meh.  I didn't understand the hype before release and still don't.  Maybe because I can't ping less than 80.  The game running like crap at 80ms is sad.  Microsoft's severs are probably rubbish.  In CS 1.6 days I could get 70 in texas and 50-60 on the west cost.  In titanfall, anything past west coast is 100+.  Combine that with it already running like crap on the xbox one and you get a whole lot of crap.  I'm really dumbfounded as to why they used the source engine to make this game.  Use a 10 year old engine for "next gen" really makes no sense.  And I forgot... the jump kick is a joke.

As someone who watches him, Y? would he be bitter.

Because he is obviously biased towards PS. I also watch his 2k videos from time to time.

So is dis game going to be MLG?

I mean it really depends... Right now there is no private matches or custom options so in its current state it really isn't viable. If they add custom options along with the private matches and a community starts to create and support competitive settings it is possible. I think it is more likely that Titanfall being on any big circuit would come with Titanfall 2 where there would possibly be more options from the start.

I mean it really depends... Right now there is no private matches or custom options so in its current state it really isn't viable. If they add custom options along with the private matches and a community starts to create and support competitive settings it is possible. I think it is more likely that Titanfall being on any big circuit would come with Titanfall 2 where there would possibly be more options from the start.

I don't understand. There is much hype. I heard it is better then halo 1-3 combined. Why isn't there MLG?

• Downvote (-1) 2

I don't understand. There is much hype. I heard it is better then halo 1-3 combined. Why isn't there MLG?

Troll

TrollI

Excuse me? I just heard this game was going to be the best. Since launch I have not heard much. I guess there will be a big announcement for a tournament soon.

Its weird, I wanted to be able to grind this game 24/7, but I just am not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. No idea why either.