CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

Just play stacked if you don't want to deal with kids without thumbs, or better yet, don't care about a win-loss and just stat whore.

How would the skill be measured? In your opinion.. Only thing I could see is the kd against pilots.

Not saying it's impossible. Just curious on how they would balance out skill.

I kind of doubt they will add any sort skill based rating system other than what they have now. I just mean they should do team shuffling like CoD for example where they mix up players based on point totals from the previous game.

If they added some sort of ELO system with divisions and seasons though I would be sooooo happy. Seems a bit unrealistic but I can dream.

94gzsirn8vmlajs1xrtmmo8uw.336x199x43.gif

How will he explain that one? THE PLOT THICKENS.

You guys are dicks, I consider my friends parents mine since I've lived with them since I was young.. Now can we stop talking about this.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You didn't seem to try and defend yourself after the ban expired. 

I'm going to tell you this once, cut the bullshit. Saying your parents bought you the map packs and days later claiming that your parents died when you were young is absolutely disgusting. You don't lie about that sort of thing. It won't get you far in life and will always come back to bite you in the ass.

Why would I defense myself i already got banned its not like you could of unbanned me or something, if I would have tried defending my self I probably would have got banned again.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Why would I defense myself i already got banned its not like you could of unbanned me or something, if I would have tried defending my self I probably would have got banned again.

If your claim was true, we would have looked into it and asked for proof and removed the warning points placed on your account. Your prior offences will lead to longer bans and eventually a permanent ban. 

However, if it was a lie (just like this whole parents story), then correct, it would have been an extended ban.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread is golden

Ignore the haters brah.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So let me get this straight. You live with your friend's parents (who you call "mom" and "dad"-sure that's not weird for your friend, and it's odd that you call him a "friend" and not "brother", but I'm sure you'll have a reason for that too). Your "friend" played the classic ol 'signing up on a site you're on so he can un-neg your comments' deal because that's what friends care about. And why didn't you mention that before it was pointed out that it was on the same IP address? This also happened on the same day you made a thread complaining that you're getting neged.

I'm sorry that I ever doubted you. I see no faults here. You've been a victim all along. How are you not mod yet?

• Upvote (+1) 3

CoD got big cuz it wasn't competitive, it was just a fun pub game that people started playing competitively...tho their main audience is still just casuals. Even Blops2, altho amazing, still felt like a pub game, just not aggravating as CoD pubs can be...also the maps were money. 

IMO all Titanfall has to do is give the huge casual audience of CoD a fresh experience that they like, as well as other communities, and it can easily be played competitively. Glad they're focusing on just making a good, fun game people enjoy playing first, cuz everything else will fall into place if that works out well. Respawn said they aren't opposed to adding things and supporting it in that matter, but let people play it first. They need a fan base big enough to give a competitive community a reason to exist:)  

People do need to give the game design a chance tho. People saying immediately take out Titans and Bots are just asking for another 10 years of the same thing...I want something new. Give it a chance:)

I agree with this. After playing for a few hours last night my initial impression is that once custom lobbies are available the only options I'd really want would be related to burn cards and being able to set up a series of gametypes in advance: I think it would be awesome if you could choose a series length and the maps/gametypes to play, and then based on the length of the series use a checklist (like the BO2 ban list) to create a deck of cards relative to the series (eg: 3 cards per game in the series) and all players would have the exact same deck so that gametype creators or tournament organisers could keep the more ridiculous and useless ones such as permanent camo/stim/wallhack or the XP boosts out of play while letting players attempt some tactical and strategic jostling with how they use the more reasonable cards provided.

So let me get this straight. You live with your friend's parents (who you call "mom" and "dad"-sure that's not weird for your friend, and it's odd that you call him a "friend" and not "brother", but I'm sure you'll have a reason for that too). Your "friend" played the classic ol 'signing up on a site you're on so he can un-neg your comments' deal because that's what friends care about. And why didn't you mention that before it was pointed out that it was on the same IP address? This also happened on the same day you made a thread complaining that you're getting neged.

I'm sorry that I ever doubted you. I see no faults here. You've been a victim all along. How are you not mod yet?

Surely he would just go to his grandparents? Or are they his older friends?

I use the Ogre titan so I can take more damage which makes me feel a bit more comfortable taking damage while charging my shot. Also I try to time my vortex shield in there to help mitigate some of the potential damage and send some of their shots back.

I usually try to pop out charge up and shoot to initiate the fight (sometimes with a rocket salvo as well). I then fire some quick 1/4 or so charge shots to get them to waste their vortex shield. Then I full charge and shoot along with a rocket salvo which usually is enough to doom them.

I use the Arc Cannon with the Strider Chassis and the Particle Wall ability. Between three dashes, a particle wall and existing map geometry it's pretty easy to juke around slower titans while charging it up. Same thing with the Railgun; you can dash while charging it allowing you to really take advantage of any distractions facing an opposing Titan.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I use the Arc Cannon with the Strider Chassis and the Particle Wall ability. Between three dashes, a particle wall and existing map geometry it's pretty easy to juke around slower titans while charging it up. Same thing with the Railgun; you can dash while charging it allowing you to really take advantage of any distractions facing an opposing Titan.

Yeah the stryder w/ particle wall has been one of the tougher matchups for me. I'm now mostly using Ogre with chaingun or 40mm along with rocket salvo, warp shield and the super punch. The stryder is the only titan where my ending with a super punch isnt as viable but I guess I just don't encounter many people that play the stryder really well.

I will have to figure out something else when more people improve with the stryder.

Casuals love this game. This is the mind set probably of most casuals.

God casuals just piss me off sometimes. Like they have no rationality in judging how good a game is. Like "OH SHIT THIS FPS HAS A BAZOOKA" "Theres fucking dinosaurs in this, fuck yeah". 

Just out of curiosity since I only played 1 game on my friends PC, whats the general consensus about the competitive merit of Titanfall? Anyone think its a competitive game or has potential, or is it a little too early to judge?

Yeah the stryder w/ particle wall has been one of the tougher matchups for me. I'm now mostly using Ogre with chaingun or 40mm along with rocket salvo, warp shield and the super punch. The stryder is the only titan where my ending with a super punch isnt as viable but I guess I just don't encounter many people that play the stryder really well.

I will have to figure out something else when more people improve with the stryder.

The trick to using the Strider is really getting yourself into something very similar to a Halo mindset - all 3 titans have the exact same shield strength, it's only their actual health which differs (5500, 8000, 10500 for the Stryder, Atlas, and Ogre respectively) so as long as you don't stick around long enough to take armour damage you're just as durable in a Stryder as you are in an Ogre except you can pick when you engage and disengage much more effectively thanks to having 3 dashes or even unlimited dashes if you have the core charged up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

stryder with nerd smoke and the 40 mm. 6 of these with good pilots can roll over people in last titan standing. Teamshot and quick flanking with some range is all i have to say about it.