CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

Just saying, that info is hardly accurate. For every game, it always says "No participant stores found within a 100 mile radius", despite 3 Gamestops that are always doing midnight launches in a 10 mile radius. The manager apparently has to update their store info on the site and I guess not all of them do it. So if it says that are no participating stores in anyone's area, take it with a grain of salt and call and ask the store instead.

I feel like they made the Titan fall beta VERY good to promote the game so that people would buy it and expect good things, but I feel like the acually game is going to be a big let down!! What are your guys thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I feel like they made the Titan fall beta VERY good to promote the game so that people would buy it and expect good things, but I feel like the acually game is going to be a big let down!!

swanson-confused1.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They only showed less than 20% of the game and there's already a pre disposition of how the final game will turn out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They only showed less than 20% of the game and there's already a pre disposition of how the final game will turn out.

I just feel like they only showed the good things in the beta, because from everything that is getting leaked, I don't think it looks very good.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

For anyone saying no and saying it won't last...

Why can COD do it but not titanfall? How isn't this game better than CoD?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

What is filling the competitive niche when it comes to shooters right now?

People are basically playing Ghosts because they have to, but it isn't a good competitive game. The mechanics of Titanfall are much better. So if they can get private lobbies up and running with some decent setting options what stops this game from becoming viable on the competitive scene?

It's like you picked up halo 2 or halo 3 and played smg/ar starts and decided that the game wasn't viable from a competitive standpoint. Shooters evolve.

I'm late to the party but this was such a good post I had to comment on it. Smartest forum post in a loooong time. I may be blowing it out of proportion because I assumed it was common sense but I'm shocked how others don't realize or follow this.

I hear too many people playing cod because its the only option for competition. Competition for what? Money? I can understand its easy and quick to search the playlists or GB, but that luxury doesn't make up for the shitty mechanics or spawns etc.

Titanfall is going to be competitive because the game allows for it. It may not have the options or features that esports games have, but those features don't effect a games competitive merit. This must be why we support bad games and let good ones pass.

For anyone saying no and saying it won't last...

Why can COD do it but not titanfall? How isn't this game better than CoD?

For starters, it's not very competitive.

But COD is?

Exactly. I agree that Titanfall isn't competitive, but saying it won't be classified as competitive by MLG and other leagues because they only choose games based on competitive merit is silly. If enough people play it, you can bet that leagues will capitalize off of that. Private matches are already confirmed for a future update. I wouldn't be surprised if leagues will have tournaments planned after the update. I'm sure there will be people who say "but it isn't competitive, MLG!?" Yeah, we've had that argument already. It won't stop them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think this whole "competitive" standpoint is all out of wack. The game has to be fun and enjoyable to play. Yes long-term competitive is great but you gotta have enjoyable shooter to have then later on make it whatever people prefer. Take a look at Call of Duty 4, that Infinity Ward made which is mostly of Respawn Entertainment, that was heck of alot of fun and didn't have "competitive" settings and I might be wrong on that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is the official release date March 11th?

US - 11th

EU - 13th

UK - 14th

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dope. I can't wait for March 11th because all of this speculation has been irking me. Sooooooooo many people are hellbent on dissing and dismissing this game. Regardless of how it turns out, I just want it to be out. If it succeeds, I'll be happy and those people will be eating their words, and if it's trash, I'll admit that and move on. But speculation with people throwing around random opinions and shit based on little to no knowledge or reveals just gets irritating. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Dope. I can't wait for March 11th because all of this speculation has been irking me. Sooooooooo many people are hellbent on dissing and dismissing this game. Regardless of how it turns out, I just want it to be out. If it succeeds, I'll be happy and those people will be eating their words, and if it's trash, I'll admit that and move on. But speculation with people throwing around random opinions and shit based on little to no knowledge or reveals just gets irritating. 

I feel like Titanfall was going to be one of those mediocre games that would attract a decent following but not be completely mainstream, but with the hate towards the current shooters out (Halo, Ghosts, BF4) Microsoft saw a great opportunity to make this game look much better than it will actually be. Regardless, I haven’t bought a game since Madden and I saw a great opportunity with this bundle so I am going to hope its fun for a while.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It sucks that people with 360 like me have to wait till the 25th (2 extra weeks) just because of the system:( I didn't get the Xbox one because I thought it was a waste of money, the 360 is still better and so basically I'm getting punished for it..

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

It's going to be dope. The core gameplay is really addictive and the only way they could really ruin the game is if they add too much stuff to it that effects the balance or the flow of the game. I've not had this much fun in a shooter since the original Gears of War. I'm so excited for launch, learning maps is going to be like picking up a new Tony Hawk game finding all the best jump spots etc, that in it's own right is freaking cool. All Respawn need to do is add the private lobbies sooner rather than later and if the game takes off, prepared to put a little extra work on competitive settings/LAN support. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's going to be dope. The core gameplay is really addictive and the only way they could really ruin the game is if they add too much stuff to it that effects the balance or the flow of the game. I've not had this much fun in a shooter since the original Gears of War. I'm so excited for launch, learning maps is going to be like picking up a new Tony Hawk game finding all the best jump spots etc, that in it's own right is freaking cool. All Respawn need to do is add the private lobbies sooner rather than later and if the game takes off, prepared to put a little extra work on competitive settings/LAN support.

I saw somewhere that they were going to put private matches in, in the first update.  but that probably wont be until at least April because it comes out on the 25th for 360 as I said above.

• Upvote (+1) 1

CoD got big cuz it wasn't competitive, it was just a fun pub game that people started playing competitively...tho their main audience is still just casuals. Even Blops2, altho amazing, still felt like a pub game, just not aggravating as CoD pubs can be...also the maps were money. 

IMO all Titanfall has to do is give the huge casual audience of CoD a fresh experience that they like, as well as other communities, and it can easily be played competitively. Glad they're focusing on just making a good, fun game people enjoy playing first, cuz everything else will fall into place if that works out well. Respawn said they aren't opposed to adding things and supporting it in that matter, but let people play it first. They need a fan base big enough to give a competitive community a reason to exist:)  

People do need to give the game design a chance tho. People saying immediately take out Titans and Bots are just asking for another 10 years of the same thing...I want something new. Give it a chance:)

• Upvote (+1) 3

CoD got big cuz it wasn't competitive, it was just a fun pub game that people started playing competitively...tho their main audience is still just casuals. Even Blops2, altho amazing, still felt like a pub game, just not aggravating as CoD pubs can be...also the maps were money. 

IMO all Titanfall has to do is give the huge casual audience of CoD a fresh experience that they like, as well as other communities, and it can easily be played competitively. Glad they're focusing on just making a good, fun game people enjoy playing first, cuz everything else will fall into place if that works out well. Respawn said they aren't opposed to adding things and supporting it in that matter, but let people play it first. They need a fan base big enough to give a competitive community a reason to exist:)  

People do need to give the game design a chance tho. People saying immediately take out Titans and Bots are just asking for another 10 years of the same thing...I want something new. Give it a chance:)

I wholeheartedly agree with all of this .

I'd also enjoy it if the people complaining about bots would understand that while their routes might be unpredictable , their drop locations aren't .

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wholeheartedly agree with all of this .

I'd also enjoy it if the people complaining about bots would understand that while their routes might be unpredictable , their drop locations aren't .

This is a good point, and it's free xp, and who doesn't like free xp??
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1