CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

Is the smart pistol OP? If it is, I think I have an idea of how to fix it. Lock on time should be based on how close the reticle is to the target, so someone with better aim should lock on faster. 

I just watched a streamer on Twitch use it for about an hour. That's all he ran because it's soooo OP. 

From Closed Beta to Open Beta!

Xbox One players can download it on the dashboard

PC players will need to wait until tomorrow

I just watched a streamer on Twitch use it for about an hour. That's all he ran because it's soooo OP. 

I hope it's nerfed soon. People are already abusing it on the second day of the beta...

It would be a shame if all the skillful movement techniques in the game are mitigated by a single weapon. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you still have one id appreciate one man.

Just now seeing this. You still want one or do you just want to wait for it to be open for everyone later tonight?

I would like to say that attrition is fucking intense. Literally, if you let your enemy farm your team/grunts you will lose. so much micro management in that mode.

ive had the most success putting my titans on follow mode and just cleaning house with the carbine while people try to kill the titan

sniping seems worthless since its pretty difficult and seems to take 2 shots to kill

• Upvote (+1) 1

I rarely use my titans. I call them in near enemies to cause a distraction, better as a pilot.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just now seeing this. You still want one or do you just want to wait for it to be open for everyone later tonight?

Its fine man ill just wait thanks again.

I played 2 games at my friend's house. I just never really got into it. Some of the weapons (like that pistol thing) are OP up the ass, and the maps are just huge. It is better than CoD, but honestly, this game isn't going to dethrone CoD any time soon. 

I still think people are playing it the wrong way. It's more than just a shooter, there are some Moba elements in there.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I still think people are playing it the wrong way. It's more than just a shooter, there are some Moba elements in there.

Yeah. You can stat pad pilot kills all you want, but it is really easy to lose objectives if you're not watching them, and points stack fast. Let alone farming grunts/spectres. Those time reductions add up quickly.

Holding up a 6.0 K/DR against players getting 15+ kills a game. Shame I lose half my games cause of the Xbox One's 'flawless trueskill matching'. Putting a good player with a bunch of down syndrome cod casuals versus a bunch of average cod casuals isn't what I call a good match. More or less it leads to frustration to the guy going 15-0 and then the other kids going 1-20. Hopefully it will have ranks and stuff where good players match good players and bad players match bad players... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

If anyone needs a code, I have a spare.

HFWQ3-M9K47-2F6K4-WJXT4-7QKJZ

The beta is open to everyone, no codes are needed.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Holding up a 6.0 K/DR against players getting 15+ kills a game. Shame I lose half my games cause of the Xbox One's 'flawless trueskill matching'. Putting a good player with a bunch of down syndrome cod casuals versus a bunch of average cod casuals isn't what I call a good match. More or less it leads to frustration to the guy going 15-0 and then the other kids going 1-20. Hopefully it will have ranks and stuff where good players match good players and bad players match bad players...

I see they are taking a page from 343's book. My kd at the moment is about 2.5 vs players and each game I've played has been an absolute blowout in my teams favor. I've played just over 10 games so far and I don't think the other team has even hit 200 once.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I am going to have to agree... I have watch titanfall and after a hour i switch back to another stream.. I find the game rinse and repeat

What fps isn't rinse and repeat? Cod is, halo is, battlefield is... Fps are all like this. There are only 2 maps out with limited options, its gonna seem a little more repetitive than usual. But I'm not arguing that it will be competitive, that's an unknown. I was in a stream that was mixed with halo and cod pros and some thought it had a chance and others weren't sold on competitive play, we'll see