CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

With the recent Titanfall Alpha Test and Xbox One Titanfall Controller news coming out, we all got word from the ESRB that Titanfall would be rated M for Mature. News comes as no surprise if you have seen trailers and footage of the game in the last year. Below is a breakdown of the reasons why it received the rating.

http://teambeyond.net/titanfall-rated-m/

Titanfall being rated M and it having no Campaign will definitely put Titanfall to a disadvantage compared to othe FPSs

Except it won't. Counter Strike, TF2, and Planetside 2 don't have campaigns. Quake III and UT didn't have one as well. Battlefield didn't have campaigns until it went to consoles. A multiplayer only FPS is nothing new and there's no evidence that supports it will put Titanfall at a disadvantage. If anything, it's the opposite. If the developers puts all their time and resources that would go to a campaign into multiplayer instead, then it's still a full game and many will enjoy it as such.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why is this breaking news?

It's hard to get interesting news when 343 is pulling the same ol' "we're not telling you shit until it's too late" stunt.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's hard to get interesting news when 343 is pulling the same ol' "we're not telling you shit until it's too late" stunt.

I would appreciate less secrecy in the vidjagame industry, but honestly, If whatever they have planned would impress you now, it will still impress you in June, and if it was going to be "too late" in June, it would be too late now.

On topic, damn, guess this means I can't buy this for my 2 year old cousin.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Except it won't. Counter Strike, TF2, and Planetside 2 don't have campaigns. Quake III and UT didn't have one as well. Battlefield didn't have campaigns until it went to consoles. A multiplayer only FPS is nothing new and there's no evidence that supports it will put Titanfall at a disadvantage. If anything, it's the opposite. If the developers puts all their time and resources that would go to a campaign into multiplayer instead, then it's still a full game and many will enjoy it as such.

Well Campaigns are how many people get into games especially FPSs

• Downvote (-1) 1

Do ratings matter?  Anytime I play Halo or Cod theres some 9yr old telling someone how they fucked their mom so.... ratings are useless.

All I have to say is thank god it's not something ridiculous like 32v32 or 16v16. I don't understand how those massive player counts got popular in the first place. Then again I don't understand any move made by the gaming industry in the last 10 years.

You ever play PC bro? lol.... Look up Planetside 2

Alot of people cant connect right now including myself..

Edit: got in and played a few matches so far. Its amazing.

You or someone who has played it should elaborate

You or someone who has played it should elaborate

They were server problems the first day. I think due to the amount of people trying to connect. Everything has been working fine since then.

Titanfall has bots to train against.

Not exactly what I meant but yeah I guess so. I got into Halo through the campaign. At first I didn't like multiplayer

So what am I allowed to talk about concerning the Alpha ?

That you're in it. That's really it.