CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

Game looks like the first one and the sp doesnt look like anything special

Looks like the game is finally PVP...without AI....that in itself is night and day different.

Looks like the game is finally PVP...without AI....that in itself is night and day different.

The AI wasn't my biggest concern about the game

Which depresses the fuck out of me because I liked the AI.

It still has the AI in some modes, just like Titanfall 1.

Would of rathered they got rid of AI. Never liked them in the first. I actually liked to play the playlist that didnt have any Titans too.

I actually liked to play the playlist that didnt have any Titans too.

CoD has taken so much from Titanfall that if you want to play TF2 without mechs, CoD: IW is the game for you.

game looks great.  im glad the movement system is still there. 

i hope it launches with essential mp features ie custom lobby, ranked and social playlists.  

It still has the AI in some modes, just like Titanfall 1.

Hopefully though there are playlists tht are purely pvp. The first game i personally never took serious because it was too easy to just focus on farming the ai.

Then why not just buy Blops 3?

Because TF movement is still miles better than the wall running in BO3, and the BO gunplay is stupid easy. Not that TF is especially hard, but more so. Plus I love the route they took with having the barebone amount of weapons, lot of people hated that but I thought it was perfect.

Because TF movement is still miles better than the wall running in BO3, and the BO gunplay is stupid easy. Not that TF is especially hard, but more so. Plus I love the route they took with having the barebone amount of weapons, lot of people hated that but I thought it was perfect.

Yes but the game was specifically designed with Titans and AI. Why play a game where you dislike some of the biggest things in the game?

That would be like me going to play Zelda but hate the dungeons and the combat.

Yes but the game was specifically designed with Titans and AI. Why play a game where you dislike some of the biggest things in the game?

That would be like me going to play Zelda but hate the dungeons and the combat.

AI don't need to be in the game, their presence is negligible and only serve to make new players feel good by getting free kills and diluting the battlefield.

Titans, while are iconic, aren't even the highlight of the game. I find myself pretty bored whenever I'm using/fighting one. They are superbly balanced however.

The movement was always the highlight of Titanfall, the pilot vs pilot game modes are by far the most fun to me. Not worrying about whether someone is an AI or not, not worrying about dodging around a titan, just having awesome parkour fights with other players.

A more fair comparison would be playing Halo Reach without armor abilities. Or Doom without the demon pickups.

AI don't need to be in the game, their presence is negligible and only serve to make new players feel good by getting free kills and diluting the battlefield.

Titans, while are iconic, aren't even the highlight of the game. I find myself pretty bored whenever I'm using/fighting one. They are superbly balanced however.

The movement was always the highlight of Titanfall, the pilot vs pilot game modes are by far the most fun to me. Not worrying about whether someone is an AI or not, not worrying about dodging around a titan, just having awesome parkour fights with other players.

A more fair comparison would be playing Halo Reach without armor abilities. Or Doom without the demon pickups.

But you are also viewing it from a purely competitive standpoint. A more apt comparison would be CE without Power Ups or Power Weapons.

But you are also viewing it from a purely competitive standpoint. A more apt comparison would be CE without Power Ups or Power Weapons.

Lol no. Your criticism completely contradicts your example anyhow. Powerups are limited and controllable, they emphasize skill in map control. Titans don't fit any of these descriptions. Everyone gets a few, the exact parameters aren't specified as to how quickly you can be rewarded with one, they're easy to use, and they're actually unbalanced between the three classes. There are no different types of pilots you can choose from, only weapons. Titans have different chasis AND weapon selection.

I'm not saying the game would be better without them, I just don't enjoy them and prefer to stick to the pilot only playlists.

I liked the first game but there was no competitive edge to it, just people running around doing what they wanted. Also killing the AI is boring and not rewarding at all. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I liked the first game but there was no competitive edge to it, just people running around doing what they wanted. Also killing the AI is boring and not rewarding at all.

They have a ranking system now.