CyReN

Titanfall Discussion

I feel like this thread needs a lot more traffic. This game is shaping up to be the game of the year and I could not be more pumped about it. Does anyone know if they have released information on how many maps there will be in the game? It can't just be Angel City can it?

I feel like this thread needs a lot more traffic. This game is shaping up to be the game of the year and I could not be more pumped about it. Does anyone know if they have released information on how many maps there will be in the game? It can't just be Angel City can it?

Considering how far away from launch we are and how awesome the game looks already I would expect a ton of stuff to be added from now until launch.

I feel like it is a must purchase on XB1. I feel like hardly anyone will be playing it on 360 and it will die fairly quick on that system. 

You guy's going to get it for XB1 or 360?

Thats a tough choice because I don't know what everyone else will be getting it for :/

Have my Day One XBO preordered, so I'll be getting it on XBO and PC.

360 version is being dev'd by a different developer.  I would highly recommend not buying for 360 since you wont even get dedis

If it looks like complete shit compared to the XB1 version that's  a "i won't be getting it at all". If it looks good i might pick it up, but it seems like i'm the only who doesn't really care about this game. 

I also don't know alot about this game other than it's game play and i still don't know a whole lot about that. Will the game have ranks, does it have a leveling system like CoD? is their custom loadouts like CoD where there's a ridiculous amount of guns that are all redundant, etc. Does it use JiP(probably)? To me it looks like CoD on steroids with mechs and if it offers that same MM experience(not talking about game play) i can see myself getting pretty bored, fast. 

Does anyone know if I could buy it for 360 at first and then trade it in for $10 to get the XB1 version?

Does anyone know if I could buy it for 360 at first and then trade it in for $10 to get the XB1 version?

Not sure, but it doesn't release until Spring 2014. Most of the deals I have seen have been for Xbox One "Launch titles" and only last until the end of the year.

The Pistol is already a problem. It was obviously overpowered and I heard a lot of stories of it being abused by people. 

Out of these classes Assault is my favorite. Just seems to be the most balanced and well thought out of the 3. CQB seemed like a pretty obvious class. I look forward to hopefully seeing a marksmen class, a support class, and maybe a heavy type class (might just be CQB). 

Titan-wise I'm really digging the Heavy Weapons Titan with the semi automatic explosive round rifle. Just fits how I want to play.

A lot of this will come down to seeing more of the game and then obviously getting some good hands on time with it. 

Please no Marksman Class. This game needs to stay quick and snipers will just dull down the gameplay and dying way more frustration like in every game that has snipers off spawn.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please no Marksman Class. This game needs to stay quick and snipers will just dull down the gameplay and dying way more frustration like in every game that has snipers off spawn.

Doesn't have to be a "Sniper" it could be something that is a precision rifle

Have my Day One XBO preordered, so I'll be getting it on XBO and PC.

^this, can't wait for this game, every time i watch the gamescom videos makes me so fkn pumped

^this, can't wait for this game, every time i watch the gamescom videos makes me so fkn pumped

James you will like it a lot, game smooth as butter. I'm going to have to work on my double jumping though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't have to be a "Sniper" it could be something that is a precision rifle

This is more a long the lines of what I was thinking. Something single shot that takes a few hits to kill, but you have to be extremely accurate with.

This is more a long the lines of what I was thinking. Something single shot that takes a few hits to kill, but you have to be extremely accurate with.

Yeah I just want a rifle that requires you be accurate with it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With Titanfall coming in March and with all the surrounding hype around it, I can't help but wonder will this game be the "Halo" of the new generation.

Kids born in the 98-2000 are becoming teenagers now and weren't old enough to experience Halo: CE.

I wonder can Titanfall garnish that cult like following that spans across a wide group of people like Halo did. Of course, apart of Halo's success was its gameplay mechanics like hot buttons that performed different actions, rather than the old scroll through your weapons setup.

Perhaps Titanfalls Pilot vs. Titan meta could become something just as great.

My only doubts are in regards to Titanfalls narrative. The Halo series has one of the best narratives ever experienced in gaming, rivaling some A-list movies. Titanfall shipping without a standalone singleplayer worries me in that aspect. I HIGHLY doubt Halo would have been this successful if it had only arrived with multiplayer.

Remember the hype we had towards Halo 3s campaign through Bungie ViDocs?

Titanfall is the next huge FPS with a possibility to become the most popular xbox shooter. The question is, is it competitive? I m betting it will be more competitive than COD and maybe battlefield too. There is a possibility that it will be just as competitive as any Halo game. If this is the case COD will fall on xbox to second maybe third. Especially since I hear COD ghosts is not competitive. It has no spectator mode, no codcasting, and COD is going to lose league play for clan battles meaning you can't play competitively alone. Titanfall seems to be in the right place at the right time. Halo is on the down low, COD is probably going to weaken, and the FPS community needs something new.