Sign in to follow this  
LeandroTrooper

Delay of the Next Halo; Acceptable or Not?

Delays are never met with open arms but considering how rushed games have problems that detract from the enjoyment of the game I personally wouldn't mind. Unless they held off till Q4 2015 figuring the christmas rush would be better for sales than a Q1 or Q2 2015 release. That would be unacceptable.

It really would be best to delay till 2015, atleast delay Halo 5 till then since many other solid games like Titanfall and Destiny will be a massive competitor for any game series.

Unfortunately for most multiplayer shooters these days, even if the game is broken and not complete (Halo 4) they release the game anyway. Halo 4 did very well because it sold a week before COD. They probably were not done with the game but they can't risk all the loss of sales.

GTA V got delayed, the Story Mode launched amazing IMO, very polished and well done.

And the online mode did so well...  :kappa:

I'd rather they take a little longer and get it right. They have too at this point or their won't be a Halo after their next release. Make a mark with this next game, time isn't an issue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would be OK with it if they delayed the next halo all the way until end of 2015 if it was insanely good halo game that actually felt like Halo and not a weird hybrid unfinished beta like h4. Plus it would give me time to fully enjoy TitanFall and Destiny, and maybe a little time apart from halo would be a good thing? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I agree with what most people have said but im not sure if it would hurt the franchise or help it.

By hurt i mean:

2014 has hella titles out for next gen: Cod, Battlefield, Destiny, and Titanfall. Would it be okay to not have a Halo title in that mix? Everyone would be playing those titles. Is it possible people would forget about Halo and get used to these new games? Would people be interested in a Halo game in 2015 after these other titles have been out?

And with a 2015 release, could Halo be a fresh new game with the above titles getting "older"? Or would people be like "meh". Its tough to say. I obviously would love for them to take their time. But we havent had a good Halo since I GUESS 2007 if i really have to give H3 the title of "good". 

I think "halo for xbox one" will be h2 anniversary

Yeah, no room for error, but I don't want to wait

Caught myself daydreaming about this the other day.

Ah, sweat dreams... It'd be pretty fucking huge, too. 

8)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Caught myself daydreaming about this the other day.

Ah, sweat dreams... It'd be pretty fucking huge, too. 

8)

I think "halo for xbox one" will be h2 anniversary

Yeah, no room for error, but I don't want to wait

For people thinking we are getting a FULL  H2 remake

Yes and No

Full game NO

-Button glitches NOPE

-Super Bounce NOPE

- H2 Ranks (Maybe 60/40 NO)

-Map remakes in MM YES

-Campaign YES

-a playlist with H2 setting in HALO 5 YES

^^^^^^^^^

Just like we got with CE in Reach / It will be a DLC playlist with setting and a few maps

That's 100% how i see it IF we even get it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would hope they would give Halo 2 Anniversary a solid chance to stand on its own legs honestly, and if it was released in 2014 I could accept that, but Halo 5 needs to be pushed back till 2015 definitely. I am not as concerned about the button glitches remaining as I am about Halo 2 Anniversary having its own servers and playlists, as well as the other gameplay elements that made the game so good. Weapon wise I really hope they lower the aim-assist and bullet-magnetism, that would be a acceptable change to allow for the game to have a further skill-gap, it also must have Ranks still.

My feels is that with Destiny, Titanfall, and other highly anticipated games releasing in 2014 that Halo 5's sales and game play would truly suffer. Sales wise Halo 5 would be affected because people will have already spent a large amount of money getting all the other anticipated series in 2014, as well as the Xbox One/PS4 consoles to play the games. For the average consumer that is alot of money to spend in around only 1 year and after Halo 4's failure I really doubt Halo 5 will be all that anticipated at this point unless the game play and story shown looks incredible.

Honestly Halo 5 has to aim for game play like that featured in Halo CE, with a mix of Halo 2, Halo 3, and their best elements as well. Halo 5 also has to be its own unique game and the developers have to stop copying terrible game play mechanics such as Sprint, Flinch, Bloom, and Load-outs, Personal Ordnance as well and instead implement elements, mechanics, familiar and unique to Halo. Mechanics such as De-scope and no Sprint add so much to Halos gameplay, and without actual Halo mechanics and game play the developers will simply kill Halo off completely as a franchise by trying to attract children and COD kids like they have done with Halo Reach, 4.

In my opinion Halo 5 also needs a unique and solid sandbox where each weapon functions different and is very unique, both in the way it looks and the way it plays as a whole. I also feel that as far as Ordnance goes the concept as it stands currently needs to be scrapped, and the impact damage and appearance of being shot down by the Infinity completely removed. Instead Ordnance needs to converted into a term used for unique Weapon Holders such as those seen in Halo 3 and once Ordnance is deployed in Halo 4, depending on the species responsible for the weapons creation, Human, and Covenant, Forerunner, etc.

They can take all the time they want, I'll be fine playing BF4, Destiny, Titanfall and whatnot during the next 1-2-3 years so I can wait for them to put out a GOAT Halo out there, no matter how long it takes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

And the online mode did so well...  :kappa:

Yeah, that kinda sucks, but imagine if it had been released 6 months earlier. Plus the fact that they've never done something that big with that many people before, tirllion lines of code, millions and millions of people, too.

Yea the trailer is definitely not for H2A. http://stickskills.com/2013/09/01/halo-5-confirmed-as-new-title-coming-in-2014/

I would really like to know if that will be happening though, tired of the cryptic PR BS just answer the question.

They said the trailer was just a trailer to announce that a new halo is coming, anything that happened in the trailer might not come from the game. Said someone from microsoft in an interview I believe.

They said the trailer was just a trailer to announce that a new halo is coming, anything that happened in the trailer might not come from the game. Said someone from microsoft in an interview I believe.

I think he met the setting specifically, not the entire trailer. C'mon, Halo on the X1 is not Halo 2 Anniversary. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I think he met the setting specifically, not the entire trailer. C'mon, Halo on the X1 is not Halo 2 Anniversary. You're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

LEMME BE PENDEJO!  :kappa:

Its probably a Halo 5 type and not H2A but either way, we might not see Chief Skywalker.

Not sure why everyone thinks delaying the game will improve the multiplayer experience. Do you really think if 343 had an extra year for Halo 4 they would have reduced aim assist, added red Xs, added descope/remove flinch, removed sprint, adjusted/removed AAs, or made any other necessary gameplay changes? If anything, the more time they have to make the game, the more extra BS they will include. Like I said in another thread, get ready for 20+ AAs and different base traits depending on your choice from multiple Spartans.

Not sure why everyone thinks delaying the game will improve the multiplayer experience. Do you really think if 343 had an extra year for Halo 4 they would have reduced aim assist, added red Xs, added descope/remove flinch, removed sprint, adjusted/removed AAs, or made any other necessary gameplay changes? If anything, the more time they have to make the game, the more extra BS they will include. Like I said in another thread, get ready for 20+ AAs and different base traits depending on your choice from multiple Spartans.

Had they extra time, we definitely could have seen the option to remove many of those, and things post-release such as file share and non-instant respawn gametypes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It is extremely possible ubisoft delayed it for business reasons. Ubisoft also is involved with assasins creed =P Their business analysts could have easilly found that it would maximize sales to run watch dogs in the spring or something and let assassins creed be the ubisoft game from fall. The reason I came to this theory is that driveclub also got delayed. I dont really care about driveclub but I also found out grand turismo 6 comes out in december lol. So I thought that sony or whoever thought it would be better to put drive club out in 2014 and have people get GT6 as their driving fix until then.

Of course these delays also me the game will be better and more polished, but imo opinion these kinds of delays dont always have a TRUE reason aside from making the most money possible =P If 343 said they were delaying halo 5 though it would be obvious its for valid reason. Seeing is how 343 isnt going to release 2 halo games at the same time the only reason they would have a delay is to ensure the game is ready on launch which I would be fine with.

• Upvote (+1) 4

It is extremely possible ubisoft delayed it for business reasons. Ubisoft also is involved with assasins creed =P Their business analysts could have easilly found that it would maximize sales to run watch dogs in the spring or something and let assassins creed be the ubisoft game from fall. The reason I came to this theory is that driveclub also got delayed. I dont really care about driveclub but I also found out grand turismo 6 comes out in december lol. So I thought that sony or whoever thought it would be better to put drive club out in 2014 and have people get GT6 as their driving fix until then.

Of course these delays also me the game will be better and more polished, but imo opinion these kinds of delays dont always have a TRUE reason aside from making the most money possible =P If 343 said they were delaying halo 5 though it would be obvious its for valid reason. Seeing is how 343 isnt going to release 2 halo games at the same time the only reason they would have a delay is to ensure the game is ready on launch which I would be fine with.

I completely agree with everything you said, its way logical if you put it in that way. The only thing I'm wondering is... if Halo 4 had a delay, would have been a better game or would have lived more through the year? 

The idea that games have to fall into any kind of cyclic production cycle is silly. I don't care what the span between games is as long as the game is good quality. 

• Upvote (+1) 1