Sign in to follow this  
LeandroTrooper

Delay of the Next Halo; Acceptable or Not?

what if 343 in 2014 formally said in public that they're going to delay the game's release. Would you be mad? or what's your opinion?

It made me wonder a bit...
because a great company such as Ubisoft delayed a good looking game such as Watch Dogs and the question sparked in my brain...

Would the Halo community be mad towards 343i if they delayed Halo? What would be the reaction?

Halo 4 could have done with a delay, so if one gets announced there's likely a very good reason for it. If it means waiting a few more months to get a game that is actually complete I'd be fine with it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Very acceptable. It would actually impress me if a company, in the modern era of sequels constantly being pushed, delayed release because they cared about end product. If they delay it because they don't want to ship a game they feel isn't ready, then good for them.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I would LOVE for it to be delayed. 

GTA V got delayed, the Story Mode launched amazing IMO, very polished and well done.

Same with Watch Dogs.

Developers like that are developers I admire, they want to make the best game possible for the fans because they care about us, they recognise that they don't want to rush a title out too soon and then have to give the small sustain team a workload that they find challenging while they're off making the next title.

Halo 4 clearly suffered from being rushed and it's all down to M$ wanting to compete with CoD and pump out Halo games ASAP because they know that the name "Halo" sells millions, no matter what's in the box. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

It wont be delayed, Halo has always released around the holidays and I have never known Microsoft to delay games. They want Halo 5 released next holiday to bolster the sales of the XB1 as well, I am pretty sure they already have H5+H6 release dates planned out.

Rather have a finished product after a delay than a game that isn't balanced and bugs all the time, requiring multiple updates to sort out.

Halo 4 made it clear to me.

• Upvote (+1) 2

It would absolutely be acceptable. They don't have room for error in this next title. My advice would be take all the time they need.

This ^^^

HALO 5 will make or brake it for many Halo fans

and by looking at the H4 population atm i would say 343 cant deny  what needs to be done.

• Upvote (+1) 3

This ^^^

HALO 5 will make or brake it for many Halo fans

and by looking at the H4 population atm i would say 343 cant deny  what needs to be done.

Well, Halo Reach broke it for the majority of Halo fans. Halo 4 broke it for the majority left over.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah I peaced out for reach and like a few others I came back in halo 4 and tried to make it better/see if it was any good.

Now I'm playing halo 3 again.

Well, Halo Reach broke it for the majority of Halo fans. Halo 4 broke it for the majority left over.

If HALO 4 came out on day 1 the way it is TODAY a good number of the population might still be on it (Legendary BR game types are Great)

Infinity setting = :trash:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If delaying the game means a better game it's acceptable... Hell, Take an extra 2 years if you need, Just make the game correctly before you release it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wouldnt care...

If HALO 4 came out on day 1 the way it is TODAY a good number of the population might still be on it (Legendary BR game types are Great)

Infinity setting = :trash:

I doubt that. The game still feels wrong and boring, nothing changed so far. Only the people who still have hope say that.

And people have the audacity to say that this community doesn't care about Halo and just wants to stab the backs of 343.  Like majority of other people in this thread, I would hope that 343 will delay the game if it means they are developing a great Halo game that is comparable to CE/2/3.  It is probably in their best interest to do so, since fans will not get fooled again and buy the next Halo title "foolishly."  I will wait for real gameplay videos before buying the next Halo title.

• Upvote (+1) 1

A majority of games that have been delayed become stronger titles in the long run due to more development time and fine tuning. A delay also provides more of a opportunity for developers to gain needed feedback and they sometimes take the extra time to set up a Beta for players to test and pick apart the issues as well, which provides the developer further help.

Its really a winning scenario for everyone, a game should be a complete product at release, always.

I wouldnt care...

I doubt that. The game still feels wrong and boring, nothing changed so far. Only the people who still have hope say that.

Don't forget how unbelievably wretched this game was when it launched. It's come a LONG way. I'm sure the drop off would be much less severe if it launched like this.

No in-game ranks really hurts though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Only inpatient children will be mad that 343 is now spending three years instead of two making the next Halo title. Take as long as they want to release a product that's finished and that they're confident of. No more "file sharing will come later", which took a huge blow to the initial hype of H4 Forge creations.

• Upvote (+1) 1