Sign in to follow this  
Korrupt

'All Xbox One Games Will Have Dedicated Servers'

Being reported all over the place and they are saying it is free of cost to all developers.

Awesome feature or gamers and developers.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah this was announced a while ago.  Though I don't think it's free as I believe Titanfall devs previously stated that MS made the Dedis a very cheap price for them, unlike other sources they could have used for Dedis. So yeah, they might be cheap but I don't think it's free

Just saw quite a few reports saying it was a free server, but that might have just been for indie devlopers. Have to see if I can link it when I get home.

Will all PS4 games also have dedis?

They haven't confirmed anything, but you would assume they would...

Not sure if Sony or Devs are providing, but I'm guessing they will put the information out there after this announcement. Sony has them, just not sure about cost and developers could go with a cheaper peer to peer option. 

Along with this announcement was that they will allow Devs to offload some of the processes into MSFT's cloud, which will lead to dynamic updating. Really cool stuff they are putting in place. Hopefully it all works properly. 

I don't think Sony will get Dedis, you would think they would announce something big like this considering MS already announced it

I'll also look for that source for Titanfall saying it was a cheap price for Dedis.

Edit: Found it

Most importantly to us, Microsoft priced it so that it’s far more affordable than other hosting options – their goal here is to get more awesome games, not to nickel-and-dime developers. So because of this, dedicated servers are much more of a realistic option for developers who don’t want to make compromises on their player experience, and it opens up a lot more things that we can do in an online game.

http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-about-the-xbox-live-cloud/

Straight from Respawns site

I don't think Sony will get Dedis, you would think they would announce something big like this considering MS already announced it

I'll also look for that source for Titanfall saying it was a cheap price for Dedis.

Edit: Found it

http://www.respawn.com/news/lets-talk-about-the-xbox-live-cloud/

Straight from Respawns site

Some Sony games already have dedis on the ps3 from what I heard. I forget the name if the game, but space hawk or whatever it's called I think has dedis. Also drive club said they are you a dedicated server I'm pretty sure.