Sign in to follow this  
Tactics

My Preferred Halo 5 Weapon Sandbox...

So I normally don't write long post, normally just lurk and make a comment here and there. But today I've really been thinking about what weapons I want in Halo 5 and how I would like each weapon to function.

danFirst I think all precision weapons should be hitscan, yes projectile may take more skill and be optimal on LAN, but seeing as how 99% of games are played online we need to stick with what is optimal for that. Flinch needs to be removed and the De-Scope Mechanism added back. I also think all precision weapons need a decrease in Aim Assist and Magnetism from what Halo 4 had. I also think the Hitboxes should be slightly smaller. I think the return of Dual Wielding would also be great.

UNSC

DMR(No Bloom, 5sk, 3x Zoom, slightly faster rate of fire than in Halo 4)

Battle Rifle(No Spread, No Recoil, 12 bullet kill)

Assualt Rifle(Same size reticle as in H3 but crosshairs expand outside the circle when trigger is held down, similar to how the pistol bloomed in Reach)

SMG(Dual Capable, functions same as in H3)

Magnum(Dual Capable, 6sk with final shot having to be a headshot, No Bloom, No Scope)

Grenade Launcher(Functions exactly like before)

Railgun(Huge decrease in Aim Assist and Magnetism from what it had in H4)

Shotgun(Functions like H4s but with a slightly smaller reticle)

Sniper Rifle(Functions like Reachs but with a smaller reticle)

Rocket Launcher(Functions like H4s)

Spartan Laser(Hitscan with the same charge time as H3)

Heavy Machine Gun Turret(Functions like H2s)

Missile Pod(Functions the same as before)

Frag Grenade(Strong like in Reach, but slightly smaller blast radius)

Covenant

Carbine(No spread, 6sk, 2x Zoom)

Plasma Repeater(Functions the same as in Reach)

Plasma Rifle(Dual Capable, functions same as H2s)

Plasma Pistol(Dual Capable, Functions the same as Reachs)

Needler(Dual Capable, when dual wielded kills in similar time as H4)

Energy Sword(Functions the same as in H3)

Beam Rifle(Functions the same as in H2)

Concussion Rifle(Functions the same as in H4)

Plasma Cannnon(Functions the same in H3)

Plasma Grenade(Function the same as in H3)

Brute

Mauler(Dual Capable, functions the same as before)

Brute Shot(Powerful like H3s, but with the ability to bounce off of walls and around corners like in H2)

Gravity Hammer(Functions the same as in Reach)

Spike Grenade(Needs to be stronger than it's was in H3 when it is stuck on a wall as an opponent runs by, should at least make the opponent no shields if they walk right by it as it goes off)

Forerunner

Light Rifle(No Spread, 3sk Scoped, 4sk UnScoped, 3x Zoom)

Boltshot(Dual Capable, 7sk with final shot having to be a headshot, Single charged shot removes shield at close range, Dual Charged Shot is a Kill at close range)

Binary Rifle(1sk to the body, still has visible beam when looking down scope, takes 1 second to charge before shot)

Incineration Cannon(Functions same as in H4)

Pulse Grenade(Does same damage when you directly hit an opponent with them, but should remove more shields when walked through than in H4)

These are just my opinions, I would love to hear what all the experts think though :Gandhi:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Bring back dual wielding and my spikers.

Wow that's one of the few dual wield weapons I left out. Always seemed pointless to me.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Wow that's one of the few dual wield weapons I left out. Always seemed pointless to me.

It was so trolly that is why I liked it.

My preferred weapon sandbox: Halo CE's, plus the fuel rod cannon and flamethrower from the pc version, and then add in some new weapons like promethean guns that would fit into this sandbox. Plus maybe a tweaked damage and speed boost.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

My preferred weapon sandbox: Halo CE's, plus the fuel rod cannon and flamethrower from the pc version, and then add in some new weapons like promethean guns that would fit into this sandbox. Plus maybe a tweaked damage and speed boost.

I like Variety, so long as every weapon fills a certain role.

I like Variety, so long as every weapon fills a certain role.

ya any new weapons added to that sandbox should be unique and try to fill different roles from that of the other weapons to ensure that they dont just clutter the sandbox

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I normally don't write long post, normally just lurk and make a comment here and there. But today I've really been thinking about what weapons I want in Halo 5 and how I would like each weapon to function.

First I think all precision weapons should be hitscan, yes projectile may take more skill and be optimal on LAN, but seeing as how 99% of games are played online we need to stick with what is optimal for that. Flinch needs to be removed and the De-Scope Mechanism added back. I also think all precision weapons need a decrease in Aim Assist and Magnetism from what Halo 4 had. I also think the Hitboxes should be slightly smaller. I think the return of Dual Wielding would also be great.

UNSC

DMR(No Bloom, 5sk, 3x Zoom, slightly faster rate of fire than in Halo 4)

Battle Rifle(No Spread, No Recoil, 12 bullet kill)

Assualt Rifle(Same size reticle as in H3 but crosshairs expand outside the circle when trigger is held down, similar to how the pistol bloomed in Reach)

SMG(Dual Capable, functions same as in H3)

Magnum(Dual Capable, 6sk with final shot having to be a headshot, No Bloom, No Scope)

Grenade Launcher(Functions exactly like before)

Railgun(Huge decrease in Aim Assist and Magnetism from what it had in H4)

Shotgun(Functions like H4s but with a slightly smaller reticle)

Sniper Rifle(Functions like Reachs but with a smaller reticle)

Rocket Launcher(Functions like H4s)

Spartan Laser(Hitscan with the same charge time as H3)

Heavy Machine Gun Turret(Functions like H2s)

Missile Pod(Functions the same as before)

Frag Grenade(Strong like in Reach, but slightly smaller blast radius)

Covenant

Carbine(No spread, 6sk, 2x Zoom)

Plasma Repeater(Functions the same as in Reach)

Plasma Rifle(Dual Capable, functions same as H2s)

Plasma Pistol(Dual Capable, Functions the same as Reachs)

Needler(Dual Capable, when dual wielded kills in similar time as H4)

Energy Sword(Functions the same as in H3)

Beam Rifle(Functions the same as in H2)

Concussion Rifle(Functions the same as in H4)

Plasma Cannnon(Functions the same in H3)

Plasma Grenade(Function the same as in H3)

Brute

Mauler(Dual Capable, functions the same as before)

Brute Shot(Powerful like H3s, but with the ability to bounce off of walls and around corners like in H2)

Gravity Hammer(Functions the same as in Reach)

Spike Grenade(Needs to be stronger than it's was in H3 when it is stuck on a wall as an opponent runs by, should at least make the opponent no shields if they walk right by it as it goes off)

Forerunner

Light Rifle(No Spread, 3sk Scoped, 4sk UnScoped, 3x Zoom)

Boltshot(Dual Capable, 7sk with final shot having to be a headshot, Single charged shot removes shield at close range, Dual Charged Shot is a Kill at close range)

Binary Rifle(1sk to the body, still has visible beam when looking down scope, takes 1 second to charge before shot)

Incineration Cannon(Functions same as in H4)

Pulse Grenade(Does same damage when you directly hit an opponent with them, but should remove more shields when walked through than in H4)

These are just my opinions, I would love to hear what all the experts think though :gandhi:

I agree with everything except I feel that the magnum should be 5 shot kill with no zoom and precision weapons should have to lead their shots except for the carbine and light rifle 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I agree with everything except I feel that the magnum should be 5 shot kill with no zoom and precision weapons should have to lead their shots except for the carbine and light rifle

The way a have it the Magnum is over powered enough when Dual Wielded(3 shots per magnum). And I think leading shots is a great idea in theory, but would never work well online.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

The way a have it the Magnum is over powered enough when Dual Wielded(3 shots per magnum). And I think leading shots is a great idea in theory, but would never work well online.

If its going to be exactly as Halo:CEs with idk, the same netcode/magnetism that the game had (idk im just blofering) maybe a powerful Magnum would work, but then again... almost everysingle weapon in the game would be useless... So no, I like your idea. Magnum(Dual Capable, 6sk with final shot having to be a headshot, No Bloom, No Scope)

Altho, why no Scope? I'm curious.

If its going to be exactly as Halo:CEs with idk, the same netcode/magnetism that the game had (idk im just blofering) maybe a powerful Magnum would work, but then again... almost everysingle weapon in the game would be useless... So no, I like your idea. Magnum(Dual Capable, 6sk with final shot having to be a headshot, No Bloom, No Scope)

Altho, why no Scope? I'm curious.

Dual Wield weapons have never had a scope, and with being a 6sk it not be much of a match at scoped range.

By all means, Reach's Plasma Pistol should NOT be dual wieldable.

But what about my Magnum/Plasma Pistol Combo?

Copy and paste Halo CE.

Simple sandbox with each weapon filling a niche role. No redundancy like later games. And no difficulty with OP combos or balancing which comes with dual wielding.

But what about my Magnum/Plasma Pistol Combo?

This combo is in H3 and it's strong. I'm on the fence because the Reach PP was so strong upclose, and still had huge magnetism for long range shots. People used it as a Boltshot (charged shot + punch) and it was very effective with a teammate alongside, using a headshot weapon. The Reach Magnum was strong alone as well w/ bleedthrough.

It depends which game it's from. Both the Magnum and the PP in H3 are weak and hard to hit with. It makes this combo not as fierce, yet still powerful in the hands of someone accurate.

Forcing the Magnum to have no-scope due to wanting dual-wield to return is a pretty weak reasoning, the Magnum has always supposed to had a scope and be quite powerful. No reason for the Magnum to even be dual-wieldable as its meant to be from a 3-5sk at the least and held steady in one hand.

The Needler should never be a option for dual-wield either, the weapon has evolved and became more useful and more similar to the Halo CE Needler since Halo 3.

I don't think Halo 5's weapons need to be hitscan. I'd appreciate if someone confirmed this, but I heard a while ago that Halo 4 uses the projectile system but sets projectiles to infinite speed. Since the speed is the only change from the projectile system in Halo 3 (which I'm assuming), then there must be a genuine improvement of Halo 4's netcode, or perhaps the general Internet connection is simply better, because Halo 4's hit detection is much superior to that of Halo 3 (online).

So if Halo 4 uses the projectile system (albeit with infinitely fast projectiles) and it works fine, which in my experience it does, then there should be a similar if not identical consistency if projectiles had finite speed. And with dedicated servers, any latency will be shared by every player.

Forcing the Magnum to have no-scope due to wanting dual-wield to return is a pretty weak reasoning, the Magnum has always supposed to had a scope and be quite powerful. No reason for the Magnum to even be dual-wieldable as its meant to be from a 3-5sk at the least and held steady in one hand.

The Needler should never be a option for dual-wield either, the weapon has evolved and became more useful and more similar to the Halo CE Needler since Halo 3.

I haven't read all of the posts, but why would removing the Pistol's scope balance it for dual-wielding? It's not as though you can scope while dual-wielding.

I was just curious why the OP wishes to remove the Magnums scope, especially since you can't use the scope anyway when dual-wielding. I would rather the Magnum actually be balanced and powerful again similar to Halo CE and Reach Magnums with No Bloom and Bleedthrough. The Magnums scope should remain because it separates the Magnum from other pistol weaponry and is very effective against other precision weapons as well.

It is not worth sacrificing a weapons efficiency or unique qualities for something like dual-wield. The mechanic is one of those types thats not very useful, or balanced no matter how fun it can be or how cool it may look sadly :/.

As far as weapons, I would love to see the Grenade Launcher return with the same abilities it possessed in Halo Reach, the Sticky Detonator is a very poor replacement.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do we KNOW a non hitscan utility weapon would not register shots very well? halo 3 was the only halo game with actual online play that didnt have hitscan weapons and its netcode is bad so we cant judge projectile weapons based on that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

How do we KNOW a non hitscan utility weapon would not register shots very well? halo 3 was the only halo game with actual online play that didnt have hitscan weapons and its netcode is bad so we cant judge projectile weapons based on that.

Halo 3 is the only thing we have to judge by. We know hitscan works much better online than, projectile did. Why give us 3 more years of terrible registration, just on the chance that 343 could get the netcode right.

I was just curious why the OP wishes to remove the Magnums scope, especially since you can't use the scope anyway when dual-wielding. I would rather the Magnum actually be balanced and powerful again similar to Halo CE and Reach Magnums with No Bloom and Bleedthrough. The Magnums scope should remain because it separates the Magnum from other pistol weaponry and is very effective against other precision weapons as well.

It is not worth sacrificing a weapons efficiency or unique qualities for something like dual-wield. The mechanic is one of those types thats not very useful, or balanced no matter how fun it can be or how cool it may look sadly :/.

As far as weapons, I would love to see the Grenade Launcher return with the same abilities it possessed in Halo Reach, the Sticky Detonator is a very poor replacement.

So you would rather have a pistol that 5 shots with a scope, than a pistol that when dual wielded could kill in 3 shots per magnum, consistently at short to mid range? I was trying to make it where the Magnum in a way would have some of its old glory back. The 3 shot pistol from CE will never come back to the sandbox, it's a harsh reality we all need to face. The way I did it was trying to find a happy middle ground, that still made it very powerful when used correctly.

So you would rather have a pistol that 5 shots with a scope, than a pistol that when dual wielded could kill in 3 shots per magnum, consistently at short to mid range? I was trying to make it where the Magnum in a way would have some of its old glory back. The 3 shot pistol from CE will never come back to the sandbox, it's a harsh reality we all need to face. The way I did it was trying to find a happy middle ground, that still made it very powerful when used correctly.

Provided that 5SK Pistol had a 10-round magazine, then yes.

Dual wielding takes away your melees, your grenades, and forces you to actually find the second half of your weapon before it becomes worth using.