RyanW

Halo 3 is now free

I never understood people who sold their games. My 'Great Wall of Gamer' is filled with games I'll never play again but I couldn't bear to be without.

I'm sure Halo 3 is in there somewhere too.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I never understood people who sold their games. My 'Great Wall of Gamer' is filled with games I'll never play again but I couldn't bear to be without.

Likewise. I could understand if the re-sale or trade-in value was decent, but it never is so I'd rather just hang on to all my games in case I ever feel like playing them again.

I'm broke, so I've always sold my games and systems for money towards the newer one.

And I always regret it.

They aren't doing it because "Legacy Tech' Aka - We're too busy putting Plasma bomb dropping Jetpacks into Halo 5. 

are you kidding me?

• Upvote (+1) 1

For a few bucks that never matter. I can work for one hour and make more than I would if I sold the entire Halo saga. It just isn't worth it.

are you kidding me?

No I'm srs.

"Legacy Tech". Such a pathetic and fucking outrageous excuse. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Played my first game of H3 in years today. I have a severely bruised left thumb so some movement is damn near impossible at the moment but I did suffer through the pain to t-bag this one kid for old times sake. I tried to sprint within the first seconds of the game thanks to Halo 4, but I quickly got back into the habit of real Halo movement (albeit a bit sluggish thanks to the already mentioned thumb issue). Still had button issues because I switched to bumper jumper for H4 as well, but once I got that all sorted out I dug myself back out of the -K/D hole I had to finish in the positive on Team Slayer Construct. All in all it was nice to be back on an actual Halo game, but I probably will take another week away from the sticks so my thumb can heal up and I can actually play. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

So, here's a question that I'm guessing no one will be able to answer:

A while ago when you were first able to download the Halo 3 disc onto your HDD and play it off there we were advised by Bungie not to do so because Halo 3 was designed to be played off the disc and it would slow the matchmaking process down if everyone was playing it off the HDD.

Do we think this is still true? I have it on disc but I would download it and play it that way if it isn't true anymore just to run the Xbox quieter and to not mess with my disc anymore.

• Downvote (-1) 1

So, here's a question that I'm guessing no one will be able to answer:

A while ago when you were first able to download the Halo 3 disc onto your HDD and play it off there we were advised by Bungie not to do so because Halo 3 was designed to be played off the disc and it would slow the matchmaking process down if everyone was playing it off the HDD.

Do we think this is still true? I have it on disc but I would download it and play it that way if it isn't true anymore just to run the Xbox quieter and to not mess with my disc anymore.

It is still true. Halo 3 itself wasn't optimized to run through the hard drive since it was released before the install to HDD function wasn't released until later on. Because of this, map loading times are actually slower than if you play off disc. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It was pretty fun to back to H3 for a little while. I actually managed to do pretty well in the few matches I played. It was pretty tense, too.

But I just cant go back to the old setup. My usually good aim went to shit as soon as I picked up a BR. Haha.