CyReN

Ghost, Shockwave, & LAN Valen are casting AGL 10

People were hyping Halo 3 WAY before AGL announced H3 for AGL or even started the poll on Twitter. Reason why AGL brought H3 to the table was BECAUSE of how much people were hyping the game up. 

As I said, the main reason why people started to switch now was because it was becoming free. 

People were hyping it up, because AGL payouts weren't being made to pros.  Therefore pros started to play H3 because it was fun and they didn't have to practice H4 in the intention that they weren't going to compete in it anymore.  Once players saw how many pros were getting on it just for fun, they bandwagoned.  AGL took notice of this shift, and took advantage of it.  Then because of the idea of "Omg H3 is back at a tournament" hype, people wanted to compete at AGL again despite bashing it for payouts.

• Downvote (-1) 1

The Twitch Chat for this event might reach a whole new level of trolling.  I "can't" wait.

As much as I didn't like Shockwave's casting back in the Halo 3 and Reach days - it's still cool to see him come back for an event. I think he was better commentating Halo 3 just because he played it for 2 seasons and knew more about the game but Reach he was just wasn't that good. Either way still good to see him back.

And yes, I would like to see u4iX as well ;)

People were hyping it up, because AGL payouts weren't being made to pros.  Therefore pros started to play H3 because it was fun and they didn't have to practice H4 in the intention that they weren't going to compete in it anymore.  Once players saw how many pros were getting on it just for fun, they bandwagoned.  AGL took notice of this shift, and took advantage of it.  Then because of the idea of "Omg H3 is back at a tournament" hype, people wanted to compete at AGL again despite bashing it for payouts.

You honestly believe that it becoming free had no part of it? You're delusional. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

You honestly believe that it becoming free had no part of it? You're delusional

The hype was before it was officially confirmed as a free title...it didn't officially get announced until like 2 weeks ago....

The hype was before it was officially confirmed as a free title...it didn't officially get announced until like 2 weeks ago....

And it wasn't getting hyped so much before it was announced that it was going to be free in October. Coincidence? I think not. 

So we will be able connect with the chat on an emotional level rivaled only by the relationship they have with their therapist. 

hchohpy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like myself and @ casting would be such a good combo, a.. how you say "dynamic duo" and I will tell you why.

1. The trolls in the chat will relate to us on a personal level because we are also trolls and will prob  :kappa: on stream.  So we will be able connect with the chat on an emotional level rivaled only by the relationship they have with their therapist. 

2. We can bring up THC vs BE drama and actually have heated debates about it during downtime, possibly even de rail the entire event into a round table live show where we just talk about ourselves???

3. My hipster beard and glasses combined with his trendy V necks will basically make us a well oiled starbucks powered casting machine. 

just a few reasons off the top of my head.  Also I have a few working duo names in progress that I have been experimenting with that consists of (but is not limited to) "USAUCEIX"  "SAU4IX" etc, looking to get merch available soon

81188-cute-cat-fuck-yeah-gif-Xr1h.gif cant wait for the twitch chat

And it wasn't getting hyped so much before it was announced that it was going to be free in October. Coincidence? I think not. 

I like you, so no point in continuing to arguing this.  I have my opinion, you have yours.  I'm just happy 25,000 people are playing H3! :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like you, so no point in continuing to arguing this.  I have my opinion, you have yours.  I'm just happy 25,000 people are playing H3! :)

The counter is broken thats not the real number... try like 10k bit more bit less.

• Downvote (-1) 1

The counter is broken thats not the real number... try like 10k bit more bit less.

He said 25k are playing, not 25k unique players are peaking at the same time. H3 shows the pop every 24 hours, so yes, 25k players (at least) are playing H3 just for today.

Yeah people need to stop spreading the misconception that the counter's broken-- simply shows per 24 hrs.

Yeah people need to stop spreading the misconception that the counter's broken-- simply shows per 24 hrs.

I think it is broken, first day the game was free, it showed 2.5k players on, I doubt very much it was as little as that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think it is broken, first day the game was free, it showed 2.5k players on, I doubt very much it was as little as that. 

Oh alright- my bad then!

• Upvote (+1) 1