CyReN

Ghost, Shockwave, & LAN Valen are casting AGL 10

I honestly prefer u4ix over Saucey and Shockwave. Saucey isn't proven as a caster and could end up sucking(rather him than Valen though) and I was never really a fan of Wave's casting back in h3. U4ix is actually a good caster and I feel like everyone liked him up until the big THC fiasco, even though THC was the shit when it started!

• Upvote (+1) 2

I honestly prefer u4ix over Saucey and Shockwave. Saucey isn't proven as a caster and could end up sucking(rather him than Valen though) and I was never really a fan of Wave's casting back in h3. U4ix is actually a good caster and I feel like everyone liked him up until the big THC fiasco, even though THC was the shit when it started!

Can you imagine the chat trolls if u4ix casted... 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can you imagine the chat trolls if u4ix casted...

There are trolls regardless.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Waste of time to cast this event in my opinion.  The whole FFA/2v2/H3 4v4/ H4 4v4 could all be played on Friday night.  With like MAX 4 teams per game, this will be a killer tournament!  Does Brad really have this much "starpower" to randomly spark this "halo3 is back man" mentality?  The game has not been unavailable at all for 6 years, and now it is a big deal?  I know, having it go Free on dashboard didn't spark this trend.  And it also couldn't have been people waiting for H4GC to end, because only like 100 people total competed in it...  So, is this like a forum-bandwagon thing that's occurring?  #LongLiveHalo3UntilGhosts.

Waste of time to cast this event in my opinion.  The whole FFA/2v2/H3 4v4/ H4 4v4 could all be played on Friday night.  With like MAX 4 teams per game, this will be a killer tournament!  Does Brad really have this much "starpower" to randomly spark this "halo3 is back man" mentality?  The game has not been unavailable at all for 6 years, and now it is a big deal?  I know, having it go Free on dashboard didn't spark this trend.  And it also couldn't have been people waiting for H4GC to end, because only like 100 people total competed in it...  So, is this like a forum-bandwagon thing that's occurring?  #LongLiveHalo3UntilGhosts.

H3 becoming free kinda did spark the trend and hype tbh. People just got on half a week before it became free because most of us already have the game.

The incentive to get on increases if you know that more people are going to play it because it's free. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

H3 becoming free kinda did spark the trend and hype tbh. People just got on half a week before it became free because most of us already have the game.

The incentive to get on increases if you know that more people are going to play it because it's free. 

Knowing your search time will be 10 mins instead of 20 is a nice incentive lol. I kid, search times have been great at least for me since last week.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Didn't LAN_Valen drop a -16 bomb at one of the AGL... can't wait to hear that guys knowledge :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Well most competitive players play 50 high.  If you have played any Halo3 over the course of Reach or H4, it's not ridiculous search times at all.  The only thing H3 going free is going to do, is boost activity mainly in the social playlists and/or non-dlc lists.

Well most competitive players play 50 high.  If you have played any Halo3 over the course of Reach or H4, it's not ridiculous search times at all.  The only thing H3 going free is going to do, is boost activity mainly in the social playlists and/or non-dlc lists.

So, what sparked the H3 trend in  your opinion then?

Btw, the population in H3 during Reach and H4 has always been horrible, even at 50's. Also, if people are having a lot of fun on H3 and want to play other playlists, I'm sure most of them wouldn't mind spending $15 on the other DLC packs.

So, what sparked the H3 trend in  your opinion then?

Btw, the population in H3 during Reach and H4 has always been horrible, even at 50's. Also, if people are having a lot of fun on H3 and want to play other playlists, I'm sure most of them wouldn't mind spending $15 on the other DLC packs.

It could be many different things.  But, one thing I believe it was, was the controversy behind AGL not paying out to pros.  Pro players were skeptical about attending another tournament for a game none of them like, and not get paid for it.  So, since they didn't have to practice Halo4, they started playing a good Halo again.  This resulted in all the pro band wagoners to start playing it again.  So it seems, what pro players do, have a larger effect on people than others might think.  As seen on the forums, as more people were complaining about the payouts from AGL than the pros who were dealing with it.  So anyways, this caused a large shift of players to Halo3, so in order for AGL to save face, they announced Halo3 will be played at AGL10.  And since some pros decided to compete for Halo3, now other players want to compete in it, completely disregarding the fact that AGL hasn't paid out recently.

In response, to the second part of your comment, I guess I don't know what your definition of "horrible" is.  It also depends what you're playing.  Snipers and SWAT are pretty well dead, but MLG, Slayer, LW, and doubles have always been easy to find matches 50 high.

It could be many different things.  But, one thing I believe it was, was the controversy behind AGL not paying out to pros.  Pro players were skeptical about attending another tournament for a game none of them like, and not get paid for it.  So, since they didn't have to practice Halo4, they started playing a good Halo again.  This resulted in all the pro band wagoners to start playing it again.  So it seems, what pro players do, have a larger effect on people than others might think.  As seen on the forums, as more people were complaining about the payouts from AGL than the pros who were dealing with it.  So anyways, this caused a large shift of players to Halo3, so in order for AGL to save face, they announced Halo3 will be played at AGL10.  And since some pros decided to compete for Halo3, now other players want to compete in it, completely disregarding the fact that AGL hasn't paid out recently.

In response, to the second part of your comment, I guess I don't know what your definition of "horrible" is.  It also depends what you're playing.  Snipers and SWAT are pretty well dead, but MLG, Slayer, LW, and doubles have always been easy to find matches 50 high.

So, players are annoyed that AGL aren't paying out for H4 but somehow think they'll get paid for playing H3 if AGL hosts it? I don't see your logic.

H3 becoming free was a massive reason why players started to make the switch, yes Halo 4 is bad but it was still bad 4 months ago, why didn't we switch then?

• Upvote (+1) 1

We should be funding a Puckett cast. 

Jk, can you imagine. Halo 3 is fun enough to watch, the stream would explode if Puckett had to commentate.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So, players are annoyed that AGL aren't paying out for H4 but somehow think they'll get paid for playing H3 if AGL hosts it? I don't see your logic.

H3 becoming free was a massive reason why players started to make the switch, yes Halo 4 is bad but it was still bad 4 months ago, why didn't we switch then?

People became blinded by the fact that AGL used H3.  And because pros were still competing in Halo4 tournaments, so people still bandwagoned what they played....

I guess i'm the only one that didnt really mind Lan Valen's commentating at ATL......

Then again, I usually don't pay too much attention to the casters. I'm just a Reach Kid happy to get to watch an H3 tournament  :unclesudd:

• Upvote (+1) 3

dont hate on Valen.  remember.  gandhi was terribad when he first started casting.  that first season, straight up stuttering and messing up his words.  now he is considered one of the best halo casters.  

give valen a chance  :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

People became blinded by the fact that AGL used H3.  And because pros were still competing in Halo4 tournaments, so people still bandwagoned what they played....

People were hyping Halo 3 WAY before AGL announced H3 for AGL or even started the poll on Twitter. Reason why AGL brought H3 to the table was BECAUSE of how much people were hyping the game up. 

As I said, the main reason why people started to switch now was because it was becoming free. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Billy should cast and tell us more about skateboarding

#Brazilian

I second this.

I guess i'm the only one that didnt really mind Lan Valen's commentating at ATL......

Then again, I usually don't pay too much attention to the casters. I'm just a Reach Kid happy to get to watch an H3 tournament  :unclesudd:

youarenotalone.jpg

I feel like myself and @ casting would be such a good combo, a.. how you say "dynamic duo" and I will tell you why.

1. The trolls in the chat will relate to us on a personal level because we are also trolls and will prob  :kappa: on stream.  So we will be able connect with the chat on an emotional level rivaled only by the relationship they have with their therapist. 

2. We can bring up THC vs BE drama and actually have heated debates about it during downtime, possibly even de rail the entire event into a round table live show where we just talk about ourselves???

3. My hipster beard and glasses combined with his trendy V necks will basically make us a well oiled starbucks powered casting machine. 

just a few reasons off the top of my head.  Also I have a few working duo names in progress that I have been experimenting with that consists of (but is not limited to) "USAUCEIX"  "SAU4IX" etc, looking to get merch available soon

I genuinely want to see @ and @@Saucey cast now. Both have good knowledge of the game but will also be trolly and lulzy as fuck. 

Brad, make it happen  :bravo:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like myself and @ casting would be such a good combo, a.. how you say "dynamic duo" and I will tell you why.

1. The trolls in the chat will relate to us on a personal level because we are also trolls and will prob  :kappa: on stream.  So we will be able connect with the chat on an emotional level rivaled only by the relationship they have with their therapist. 

2. We can bring up THC vs BE drama and actually have heated debates about it during downtime, possibly even de rail the entire event into a round table live show where we just talk about ourselves???

3. My hipster beard and glasses combined with his trendy V necks will basically make us a well oiled starbucks powered casting machine. 

just a few reasons off the top of my head.  Also I have a few working duo names in progress that I have been experimenting with that consists of (but is not limited to) "USAUCEIX"  "SAU4IX" etc, looking to get merch available soon

What about FrankenSauce, or classic hollywood style names like Fraucey, or Joex   :kappa:  

• Upvote (+1) 1