Sign in to follow this  
Aphex Twin

Halo 3 v9 settings

Everyone read this.

This thread is essentially a fantasy thread, we are not getting a playlist update to MLG. #LegacyTech remember.

I dunno why this thread is still open tbh.. I guess it brings some sort of discussion to pass the time...

Competitive players don't need institutionalized developers anymore when the indie scene is awesome right now. SteamOS is cool.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Competitive players don't need institutionalized developers anymore when the indie scene is awesome right now. SteamOS is cool.

Well look who it is.

to myself and others, they consider it linear aggression personified.

Couldn't you say that because linear aggression halo has an objectively smaller skill gap than cyclic dynamic halo (I honestly don't see how one could not recognize the importance on not only the individual skill gap but also teamwork requirement with the latter, I've never heard an argument that the former yields a higher skill gap), and that Narrows' map design compliments the linear aggression style of play that narrows is therefore an objectively bad map for high level play? Sure, it might be okay for low level play, but at the highest tier of competition the map design is seriously flawed.

If we are to say that you can't evaluate whether or not a map plays well using strictly objective logic, couldn't we apply the same argument to the starting weapon debate? I think that's false, and very much believe whether or not a map plays well at a high level can be determined objectively

Edit: Fritzer and TTHM! Long time no see, glad to know you guys are still alive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone ever wondered if Epilogue could have some potential? I think the trickiest thing would be spawns, but if those could be improved I think it could be an interesting map for asymmetric gametypes like Hill or Oddball as long as power weapons aren't placed near the most obvious positions to hold a ball or place a Hill.

Anyone ever wondered if Epilogue could have some potential? I think the trickiest thing would be spawns, but if those could be improved I think it could be an interesting map for asymmetric gametypes like Hill or Oddball as long as power weapons aren't placed near the most obvious positions to hold a ball or place a Hill.

There are still shield doors on Epilogue, just less compared to Epitaph.

Really? I'm trying to remember where they could be, but I'm not coming up with anything (admittedly it has been years since I played it).

Really? I'm trying to remember where they could be, but I'm not coming up with anything (admittedly it has been years since I played it).

I believe so. Regardless, those doors are so small.

I remember an old article being published on mlgpro right before the v2 settings dropped. The author (anakin?) said that epitaph would be halo 3's best map if the shield doors weren't there.

You guys think boundless could run anything?

Couldn't you say that because linear aggression halo has an objectively smaller skill gap than cyclic dynamic halo (I honestly don't see how one could not recognize the importance on not only the individual skill gap but also teamwork requirement with the latter, I've never heard an argument that the former yields a higher skill gap), and that Narrows' map design compliments the linear aggression style of play that narrows is therefore an objectively bad map for high level play? Sure, it might be okay for low level play, but at the highest tier of competition the map design is seriously flawed.

If we are to say that you can't evaluate whether or not a map plays well using strictly objective logic, couldn't we apply the same argument to the starting weapon debate? I think that's false, and very much believe whether or not a map plays well at a high level can be determined objectively

Edit: Fritzer and TTHM! Long time no see, glad to know you guys are still alive.

Well you'd be right about being able to conclude Narrows was objectively bad if everyone agreed that linear aggression was a less competitive form of Halo. Unfortunately, that's not the case. See: Station 9 discussion in v5 thread. Like I said before, I'd love to see a study analyzing the score disparity of all of the Halo 3 gametypes, but even if we see Narrows showing closer games on average, not everyone would agree that indicates a lower skill gap. To me and you that probably sounds ridiculous, but if their definition of "skill" is different than ours, we'll never see eye to eye on the subject of skill gap. There are subjective opinions about definitions and meanings that will always be there to introduce controversy and disagreement.

All doors have shields off knob Epilogue.

Why?

We should use 125/150 instead of the current damage/resistance settings because the former compensates for the BR randomness by a greater extent.

Gametypes that should be removed:

Amp TS

Onslaught CTF

Pit TS

Construct TS

Narrows TS

Gametypes that would be better:

Citadel TS

Citadel CTF

Assembly TS

Assembly CTF

Cold Storage TS

Cold Storage Ball

Isolation Hill

Blackout Ball

More map variety would not only enhance the spectator experience, but also require teams to learn more maps which would do a better job at indicating the better team.

isolation is trash

Why not take out Amplified and add Guardian TS

I rather see fast pace TS then a standoff ts game, But on the other hand sometimes a standoff game is just as good.

K so,

-The guy who mentions the Sentinel beam gets shit on, even though he was just asking for thoughts on the subject.

-Citadel sucks because it's bad.

-And no other forge map is ever realized by others, and deemed unworthy of replacing Onslaught because SaLoT didn't make it.

Man this thread is great.

• Upvote (+1) 3

K so,

-The guy who mentions the Sentinel beam gets shit on, even though he was just asking for thoughts on the subject.

-Citadel sucks because it's bad.

-And no other forge map is ever realized by others, and deemed unworthy of replacing Onslaught because SaLoT didn't make it.

Man this thread is great.

Well obviously Fristzer, TaK, and Solo iiix are just some randoms. No one want's to play random maps by random people.

/s

• Upvote (+1) 3