Sign in to follow this  
Aphex Twin

Halo 3 v9 settings

My 11? why would I want to change V8? it plays great, why change it if it isn't broken?

You guys are so obsessed with changing shit.

pit TS....
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Do you really think that pit TS, narrows TS, construct TS, amp TS, and onslaught CTF play well?

Yes.

Amp is all that I'll give you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Do you really think that pit TS, narrows TS, construct TS, amp TS, and onslaught CTF play well?

They all play better than citadel 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm so glad Killa KC had a say in what happened for MLG settings, some of the stuff being suggested in here is just terrible

For the record, KC pushed for the addition of Halcyon and Hexogen in v8. Anakin shot them down solely because they didn't want to throw in two new maps at the end of the games lifespan (not at all unlike what happened when they initially rejected No Bloom in Reach). Were the decision made based solely on gameplay, those changes would have happened in v8.

The unfortunate reality is that this community will always resist changes from what they are used to, no matter how positive those changes might be.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So In this thread so far I have seen talks of

- Citadel  (...????!?!?)

- The Sentinel Beam (.... ???)

- Remove PIT TS 

And a slew of random forge maps I have never heard of to replace Amplified and Onslaught.

I am sorry but none of these sound like super awesome fun time.  Leave it the same, stop trying to change everything just to change it.

Geez. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

- Citadel  (...????!?!?)

- Remove PIT TS 

And a slew of random forge maps I have never heard of to replace Amplified and Onslaught.

I am sorry but none of these sound like super awesome fun time.  Leave it the same, stop trying to change everything just to change it.

Geez. 

Bro.. .unpredictable weapons like the Sentinel Beam could throw off good players!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

- Citadel (...????!?!?)

- Remove PIT TS

I am sorry but none of these sound like super awesome fun time. Leave it the same, stop trying to change everything just to change it.

Geez.

Random forge maps.. Really? Every single forge map mentioned is better than Amp and Ons by farrrrrrr. Do your research before calling actual good forge maps 'random'.

• Upvote (+1) 5

IIRC, the Sentinel Beam isn't available on every map. Or maybe that's the Carbine, idk. I wouldn't mind seeing it used in 2v2 but I'm not sure about 4v4.

A beam type weapon that emphasis time on target would be a great addition to the sandbox. It's unfortunate the niche has never been adequately filled.

I don't remember much about the brute shot, just that I liked H2's better.

Random forge maps.. Really? Every single forge map mentioned is better than Amp and Ons by farrrrrrr. Do your research before calling actual good forge maps 'random'.

Being Random isnt a bad thing, I just have personally never heard of them.  

My 11? why would I want to change V8? it plays great, why change it if it isn't broken?

You guys are so obsessed with changing shit.

And people wonder why Halo has ended up the way it has...I think this sums it up. It was good enough for an unarguably competitive title at the height of popularity, just leave it be.

IIRC, the Sentinel Beam isn't available on every map. Or maybe that's the Carbine, idk. I wouldn't mind seeing it used in 2v2 but I'm not sure about 4v4.

A beam type weapon that emphasis time on target would be a great addition to the sandbox. It's unfortunate the niche has never been adequately filled.

You're right about the Sentinel Beam and the Carbine. Hypothetically it would be nice, but H3's limitations would dictate where it could and could not be used.

Neither one is available on all maps.

- Citadel  (...????!?!?)

- Remove PIT TS 

Geez. 

Because Pit TS is such a good time, rite?

Bro.. .unpredictable weapons like the Sentinel Beam could throw off good players!

You say that like the Sentinel Beam isn't one of the only weapons in Halo 3 without spread.

• Upvote (+1) 3

And people wonder why Halo has ended up the way it has...I think this sums it up. It was good enough for an unarguably competitive title at the height of popularity, just leave it be.

While I love to refer to the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I am inclined to believe that there are a number of improvements that could be made to v8. But v8 is good enough, that's true. I don't care much either way as I'll be focusing on getting my 50 in dubs.

I also think it's pretty silly to blame Halo's dwindling popularity on forum discussions. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

- Citadel (...????!?!?)

- Remove PIT TS

I am sorry but none of these sound like super awesome fun time. Leave it the same, stop trying to change everything just to change it.

Geez.

Pit TS has been known to play very slowly and poorly for quite some time and Citadel is a pretty good map that should've been used from the get go. Yeah it's JUST change for the sake of change.

I personally like how PIT TS plays in Halo 3, never had an issue with it.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I personally like how PIT TS plays in Halo 3, never had an issue with it.

I just have an issue with games that go to 30 kills.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

While I love to refer to the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it" I am inclined to believe that there are a number of improvements that could be made to v8. But v8 is good enough, that's true. I don't care much either way as I'll be focusing on getting my 50 in dubs.

I also think it's pretty silly to blame Halo's dwindling popularity on forum discussions. 

maybe I misworded, not the forum discussion but the seemingly endless obsession with change that destroyed it. Sure v8 isn't perfect and lets face it being humans nothing will ever, ever be perfect for every person. Due to this it was fine before, so lets spend our time on more fruitful endeavors. If you guys want to make your own custom settings go ahead but don't call them v9.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Idk what kind of games you are playing bud.  Pit TS usually becomes stand offish around the 40-49 mark.  (When played at a high level of course)

You say that like the Sentinel Beam isn't one of the only weapons in Halo 3 without spread.

It was more of an inside joke with Saucey. :P

• Upvote (+1) 1

Idk what kind of games you are playing bud.  Pit TS usually becomes stand offish around the 40-49 mark.  (When played at a high level of course)

I always find mine this way, it slows down once a team can win on a single push. So you play conservative to try and crawl back into the game. TS is like this on any map. Especially with a small lead and 3 or 4 mins left.

I don't think I've ever been part of a Pit TS game where it never reached the 50 kill mark in the whole of my 8 year halo 3 MLG playing time, so pit TS is fine in my own opinion

• Upvote (+1) 1

It seems like it has barely any aim assist at all. Getting kills with it at long range is nearly impossible, and while it has great accuracy, it still requires you to keep it on the opponent perfectly in order to finish them off. Even with H3's nerfs, rockets are still much easier to get kills with. Also, unlike sniper and rockets, sentinel beam really promotes aggression because it is better at close ranges but is still accurate enough that if you get caught in a mid-range battle you aren't totally screwed. I honestly think all the rocket spawns should just be replaced by sentinel beams. It takes more skill to aim, promotes aggression over camping, and requires a unique form of aiming not seen in any other weapon (i.e. it's the only weapon where you are rewarded for maintaining good aim for the duration of a kill).

Weapons that you are rewarded for maintaining good aim for the duration of the kill are called automatics and a lot of people hate them =P

PIT TS is slow but slow isn't necessarily a bad thing. It was one of mine and many others favorite gametypes. The slower gameplay gives way to more intense moments and calculated strategies that test a different skill set from players.

• Upvote (+1) 5

^

Yes a discussion, that's all this is. I don't get the 'don't change it, you guys are obsessed' posts. If you don't want to discuss an interesting topic then don't post. This isn't a petition or poll, we don't need you. So if yous don't wanna talk about it, don't.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1