Sign in to follow this  
Aphex Twin

Halo 3 v9 settings

Citadel being inverse symmetrical improves its potential for both TS and Objectives, and Citadel deserves a spot imo for whichever gametype it truly plays best as it is a solid map.

Make it Frag nade start on Midhsip..

I don't think this is possible - the starting grenade type in Halo 3 is determined by the base map, rather than the gametype settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think this is possible - the starting grenade type in Halo 3 is determined by the base map, rather than the gametype settings.

You can toggle between Map Default or 2 Frags, 2 Plasmas, etc...

I could be wrong that might only be Reach.

If I were in charge

Guardian TS > Amplified TS

Citadel CTF/Koth (whichever came out on top after testing both thoroughly) > Onslaught CTF

Amp and Ons work but were and always will be placeholders for Midship. I couldn't believe that Onslaught stayed when Heretic was put in, it made no sense to me; 'Why are they keeping the placeholder when we have the real thing now?'

Sure all 3 maps play differently but not by much, all are close range BR symmetrical maps with no serious power weapons.

Disk maps have so much over forge maps as well;

-Aesthetics

-Map and Area design that is impossible to create in forge (there is just some shit you can't forge with the limited options we are given. Remember that square midship remake in Reach?...Yeah)

-Familiarity

-Frame rate stability

Just a few highly important points that are often ignored in favor of forger's pride/bias.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Onslaught Flag doesnt play anything like Heretic Flag... Watch the flag routes from both gametypes they are equally as different as the set ups to score. Just because they are a similar design means shit.

Basically this is how bomb in h3 worked (from what I remember)

You bring the bomb to the arm site. Then you have to defend the area for 10 seconds until it plants which makes it so you have 4 people defending the bomb

in H2 you had to have someone on the bomb area for 10 seconds, as soon as the 10 seconds ran out the bomb instantly planted if the player with the bomb was standing in the radius for 10 seconds. This made it so you only had 3 people defending the bomb

This is inaccurate. What you described is an option in H3, and its how it was in MM, but that's not how the competitive scene would have used it. We tried to use 5 second arm time, no defuse time, just like how it was in H2. But the game didn't give you a prompt that said "enemy arming bomb", so it was deemed too easy to arm. My response to that, and I'm not sure if it was ever tested, is to allow a 15 second defuse window, with a 3 second defuse time. This would guarantee the spawning team at least a chance to disarm if they got sneaky-planted. I feel like that is more than enough to offset the "ease" with which bombs are armed. if anything, I think it would play better this way, because it does allow for a sneaky-plant, and it would add a new dimension to assault as teams had to rapidly respond to defuse. If that was tested without my knowledge, please let me know how it turned out.

In H2, it was a 5 second arm with a warning, and no defuse opportunity. Sneaky arms were extremely rare/implausible at high levels. A team often needed complete control for an arm.

Onslaught Flag doesnt play anything like Heretic Flag... Watch the flag routes from both gametypes they are equally as different as the set ups to score. Just because they are a similar design means shit.

On both maps you; Push and gain control of the side towers (Some teams focus 3 to one side and a flanker, some teams go 2n2) > Someone controls top mid > Slay them out of their base > Pull flag to the side you're blocking the spawns and have control of > spawn kill them and pull flag again.

Where exactly is all this difference you speak of?

• Upvote (+1) 2

On both maps you; Push and gain control of the side towers (Some teams focus 3 to one side and a flanker, some teams go 2n2) > Someone controls top mid > Slay them out of their base > Pull flag to the side you're blocking the spawns and have control of > spawn kill them and pull flag again.

Refer to my post that has me quoting aPK.

Ive always thought the original Sandbox map would be great for flag. maybe not the most competitive but it was damn fun.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Brute shots? Could be added similarly to how the concussion rifle was added in Halo 4. They basically fulfill the same role.

Yeah I'd like to see the brute shot on certain maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is inaccurate. What you described is an option in H3, and its how it was in MM, but that's not how the competitive scene would have used it. We tried to use 5 second arm time, no defuse time, just like how it was in H2. But the game didn't give you a prompt that said "enemy arming bomb", so it was deemed too easy to arm. My response to that, and I'm not sure if it was ever tested, is to allow a 15 second defuse window, with a 3 second defuse time. This would guarantee the spawning team at least a chance to disarm if they got sneaky-planted. I feel like that is more than enough to offset the "ease" with which bombs are armed. if anything, I think it would play better this way, because it does allow for a sneaky-plant, and it would add a new dimension to assault as teams had to rapidly respond to defuse. If that was tested without my knowledge, please let me know how it turned out.

In H2, it was a 5 second arm with a warning, and no defuse opportunity. Sneaky arms were extremely rare/implausible at high levels. A team often needed complete control for an arm.

Ah gotcha.  Yeah I didn't play h3 much so I dunno anything about h3 mlg lol

Heretic is purple

• Upvote (+1) 4

Citadel TS would be a disaster - objective gametypes are really the only viable options on a design like that.

Please elaborate. I played many 50-high Team Slayer games with/against to4's and I thought it was really great gameplay. Faster movement, no radar and static PW spawns would only make it better IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A lot of people throw KC under the bus with his settings, but can anyone specify what was so bad about KC?

Lack of playtesting 

I'm the biggest naysayer in regards to dumbed-down 2 base 2 tower forge maps like Onslaught and Amplified

Let me ask you this; if you weren't bound to the restriction of 5 slayer/6 objective, what would your ideal 11 gametypes look like? Surely you can't think that Pit TS, Narrows TS, Construct TS & the Foundry maps deserve a slot (which I would agree with, for the record). 

I'd be for Blackout if it didn't play like crap.

Blackout TS sucks. Ball works on that map though. 

V8 Settings:

Team Slayer

Construct
Heretic
Narrows
The Pit

Multi Flag
Heretic
Narrows
Onslaught
The Pit

Team King
Construct

Team Oddball
Guardian

Lockdown/or Heretic =) LOL

Let me ask you this; if you weren't bound to the restriction of 5 slayer/6 objective, what would your ideal 11 gametypes look like? Surely you can't think that Pit TS, Narrows TS, Construct TS & the Foundry maps deserve a slot (which I would agree with, for the record).

I understand the hate for Pit, Narrows, and Amp TS, but why Construct? I think that 60 second camo provided some of the most tense, exciting gameplay found in the 11 game series. I loved watching Construct TS! Why do you feel it's bad?

I understand the hate for Pit, Narrows, and Amp TS, but why Construct? I think that 60 second camo provided some of the most tense, exciting gameplay found in the 11 game series. I loved watching Construct TS! Why do you feel it's bad?

Camo made it play better, but it's still hard to make a multilevel map, with the top level being the power position (especially since rockets spawned up top) and whose primary routes to the top level consist of lifts (which acted as choke points) play team slayer well. In other words, holding down the map's one dominant set up for TS wasn't difficult. Construct's design is much better suited for hill.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I didn't have final say in the gametypes. I offered my input and reasoning, and that was the extent of my involvement.

Never said that my opinion is better than the community's. In fact, there are many community members who present opinions and the ability to deduct reasoning that I wish I could understand. The problem is most people idolize and worship certain principles that have been presented over the eyars and swear by them, regardless of if they actually can or should be applied to particular discussions, debates, etc.

Sorry you felt the need to take two shots at me.

What I got from your first post is that Citadel would be awful because it follows the same 2 style base system as Amplified/Onslaught/Heretic, yet it still it has plenty of more dynamics than either Amplified/Onslaught, but it would not be a better gametype to replace either 2 maps that don't have a lot of dynamics. 

it wasnt KC that made the issues for the most part.  The higher up guy (Anakin) was the one who made the final decisions.  He was why Citadel wasn't in, a lot of forge maps in h3/reach didn't go in, no fixed sanc, etc

Basically this is how bomb in h3 worked (from what I remember)

You bring the bomb to the arm site.  Then you have to defend the area for 10 seconds until it plants which makes it so you have 4 people defending the bomb

in H2 you had to have someone on the bomb area for 10 seconds, as soon as the 10 seconds ran out the bomb instantly planted if the player with the bomb was standing in the radius for 10 seconds.  This made it so you only had 3 people defending the bomb

Can you not change the fuse time? I was just in the custom options, you can make it 5 second arm, 5 second fuse, or even instant arm + 10 sec fuse

Can you not change the fuse time? I was just in the custom options, you can make it 5 second arm, 5 second fuse, or even instant arm + 10 sec fuse

It's different because when you armed the bomb in previous Halo titles it would explode, there was no fuse time I do not believe. It's more of a quick extraction gametype as opposed to classic bomb games introduced in previous Halo titles.

The only map that I would love to see in is Citadel as well. 

One of the best original maps Bungie delivered in a DLC pack. 

• Upvote (+1) 2