Sign in to follow this  
I Shahed I

Best Halo Montage of all time?

The transition at 4:39 is the best transition i have ever seen in any montage.

Holy shit, that was amazing.

Most team/player mainstage/or non mainstage montages are great.

Str8 and SQ teamtages are great...

And give me crap if you want, Sudd's Dual Tage is pretty amazing clip wise....

• Downvote (-1) 1

I really liked the one Insidious did for Halo CE.  The one where he falls off Damnation, ends up on Hang Em High and gets the final kill with the rocket.  It was one of the only videos that made me smile throughout the whole thing with the awesome editing and laid back music.  

Holy shit, that was amazing.

Right, i remember first seeing that and my mouth was wide open when i realized he transitioned to orbital. 

These two should be added for the unique idea of making a Halo montage while using the sounds and HUD from the original Doom game and Goldeneye 007 game respectively. I mean what other montage has done that(or could do that)?  LOL @ Rapeware in the intro as well. Not to mention the clips are sick <3 

• Upvote (+1) 4

These two should be added for the unique idea of making a Halo montage while using the sounds and HUD from the original Doom game and Goldeneye 007 game respectively. I mean what other montage has done that(or could do that)? Not to mention the clips are sick <3 

I've never seen the Doomtage before, but that was a damn good video.

H1: The BONDTage/Doomtage

The BONDTage was already linked, so I'll link the Doomtage instead. I like them for their clips, I like them for the unique editing. What more needs to be said?

H2: Through The Iris

Plenty of great options in H2. Too many to list lol. Through The Iris makes it for me, if nothing else, as a result of Foulacy's portion of the montage. The rest of it is great too though. Not so much for huge multi-kills, but in just showcasing the insane amounts of D that could be dished out upon someone in H2.

H3: Neighbor & Hysteria Dualtage

Say what you will about the first five minutes, the gameplay is sick as hell, and Phurion did a great job putting it together with the music. The Str8 Tage is right behind this, but it's something that everyone goes for, and it's already been listed.

• Upvote (+1) 2

These two should be added for the unique idea of making a Halo montage while using the sounds and HUD from the original Doom game and Goldeneye 007 game respectively. I mean what other montage has done that(or could do that)?  LOL @ Rapeware in the intro as well. Not to mention the clips are sick <3 

Incredible. Haven't seen it before. Thank you for sharing this!

• Upvote (+1) 1

It would be awesome if Beyond had a montage vault.  Something like the best montages from each Halo game available to download in high quality.

Bondtage is by far the best editing in any halo montage. I don't think anyone fully realizes the level of detail that went into that. From ammo counts to shield and health levels to sound editing and graphics. It's unreal. Bonesaw is a monster.

Screw all the new stuff with the seizure-inducing flashes, third-person fluff and screen shakes. That stuff doesn't impress me at all.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Bondtage is by far the best editing in any halo montage. I don't think anyone fully realizes the level of detail that went into that. From ammo counts to shield and health levels to sound editing and graphics. It's unreal. Bonesaw is a monster.

Screw all the new stuff with the seizure-inducing flashes, third-person fluff and screen shakes. That stuff doesn't impress me at all.

If u want to talk about how much effort is put in a montage here:

This montage was capped with NO HUD all the HUD you see was done by strangestick on every single clip. If i remember right it took him 10 months to do it 

• Downvote (-1) 1

If u want to talk about how much effort is put in a montage here:

This montage was capped with NO HUD all the HUD you see was done by strangestick on every single clip. If i remember right it took him 10 months to do it 

That was cool and all and probably took a ton of work.... but why? I don't really think it added that much to the vid to have a cartoon hud. At least not in the same way that Bonesaw's project did. I know this is going to make me sound like a hater or jsut a h1 fanboy or whatever but I dont see the value of all that time in the finished project. It just looked like every other social slayer montage with a cartoon HUD and a few cartoon transitions. I see the time, I just don't think the final product was worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Another montage which was released about a year ago by Manni but this one is the directors cut and he said himself that this verision is better and I AGREE.

The Phurion and Fluxy Dualtage was the first montage i ever saw. There is only one montage that i think is better than the phurion and fluxy dualtage and that will be the str8 rippin montage! :D

• Upvote (+1) 2