CyReN

Halo 3 & Halo 4 will be played at AGL Indianapolis

Good shit, but who is gonna be buying passes for H4 and will that portion of the tourney be taken as seriously as the H3 portion which should have a much higher showing? H3 on LAN is going to embarrass Halo 4. 343 should watch this event with caution and a ton of tissues.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know that I'd rather watch H3, but that f*cking blows for the Am teams grinding H4 expecting to have a 10k payout for the event announced a month or so ago. They literally just got shit on by AGL, and I for one, would be pissed. What are the odds that they'll even break even assuming they place in the money now?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think it's good that they didn't completely screw over the players that have been actually working hard at H4 to prepare for this event. Plus, it's interesting how the more teams sign up to play H3, the more the prize pool goes up for H4. I kind of enjoy the irony there.

Looking forward to watching this!

Edit: It's actually not THAT bad of a payout potential for H4. Even if only thirty teams only sign up for H3, that's 6k prize pool right there! And this event might totally explode in team numbers, so there's a possibility that the H4 prize pool might be even higher than the H3 prize pool if you think about the math.

Predictions:
Prize money continues to be held up, and both sides of the event get half-assed in some way or another.

• Upvote (+1) 5

To be honest, this was probably the smart thing to do. It addresses the issues Gandhi brought up, and it will prove unequivocally to 343i that Halo 4 is fucked up, without directly upsetting them by trashing Halo 4 entirely. They will be able to see for themselves that Halo 4 is not the Halo game the community needs. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think we can all agree in this sense

This is the last tourney AGL will hold...

• Upvote (+1) 1

What i find to be weird about this whole players not getting paid is this. AGL states that the payout is determined on how many teams sign up. So that would mean that the money the get from sign ups go to the pot (or should go to the pot) but players haven't been paid since AGL 7? I find this to be very alarming.

I guess its good the event is having Halo 3 and 4 - but I won't be surprised if/when Halo 3 is much bigger than Halo 4 in terms of teams and players - but I guess it's still a good way to have both. And I like the idea of a Halo 3 FFA on Sunday.

So is Halo 4 just for "fun" or is it beneficial to play?

I really can't wait to know how many tean passes get sold for each game. Oh and I'm excited to see how what old pros make a comeback.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It should be interesting, although Halo 3 will have a LOT more people than Halo 4 at this tourney, it will be great to see Halo 3 again! I kinda want, though, each team that plays Halo 3 and the maps they choose to play them slightly differently than the past to make it interesting. If they dont, then if we know what teams will be versing, we will know almost automatically if they will win on this map/gametype or not. TIme to mix things up just  a LITTLE bit. If not, it will still be fun to watch....more halo 3 though than 4.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good shit, but who is gonna be buying passes for H4 and will that portion of the tourney be taken as seriously as the H3 portion which should have a much higher showing? H3 on LAN is going to embarrass Halo 4. 343 should watch this event with caution and a ton of tissues.

At least this doesn't fuck over the Halo 4 grinders who had already bought there H4 passes. I like it. Two winners!? Why not!