CyReN

The Great Halo Debate Thread

thank you

you wont believe how long it took for me to explain this to this one kid and he still didn't get it

You really can't let go can you? You can't use lore to define how a weapon functions. All I was freaking saying was the Pistol in CE FUNCTIONS AS A RIFLE IT IS BASICALLY THE DMR OF THAT GAME. Is it really that hard to understand?
  • Upvote (+1) 1

You really can't let go can you? You can't use lore to define how a weapon functions. All I was freaking saying was the Pistol in CE FUNCTIONS AS A RIFLE IT IS BASICALLY THE DMR OF THAT GAME. Is it really that hard to understand?

moa said to bring it here so i decided to get other members input. another member decided to use lore so discuss with him why you don't agree

moa said to bring it here so i decided to get other members input. another member decided to use lore so discuss with him why you don't agree

I'm not basing the weapons functionality on semantics of the English language. It can be called a pistol based on the games lore that doesn't matter. But to say it didn't function as a rifle in the multiplayer game is an outright lie.

I'm not basing the weapons functionality on semantics of the English language. It can be called a pistol based on the games lore that doesn't matter. But to say it didn't function as a rifle in the multiplayer game is an outright lie.

well thats nice but i done this song and dance before so i'll pass, feel free to argue that with someone else

After about 8 months, i'm going to make my first post because the halo hype train was dead for me...

This is the truest thing i've ever read... I don't understand how they can't just do exactly what we ask..

They are operating out of pride. They have a vision for halo and it isn't halo.

The Magnum, or more officially the M6D Personal Defense Weapon, is an up-sized variant of the M6 series that fires Semi-Piercing High Explosive rounds. It was an extremely effective weapon, but its expensive ammunition was dried up during the middle of the Covenant war. Its range is currently impossible to track, as expert marksman and Spartan 2s, 3s, and 4s have broken records outside its intended usage.

In other words, it's a hi-tech space pistol that outperforms guns of today by a good margin. Pistol, not a rifle. :halo:

One of the comments on the weapon changes in Halo 2 revolved around the fact that in Halo 1, "the assault rifle handled like an SMG and the pistol handled like a rifle." In Halo 2, the altered weapon loadout featured "a rifle that handles like a rifle, a pistol that handles like a pistol, and an SMG that handles like an SMG."

http://www.halopedia.org/M6D_Personal_Defense_Weapon_System#cite_note-5

^Posted on halopedia, quoted form the Art of Halo, page 103.

In design and canon, It's a pistol; however, in gameplay, it handles like a rifle

One of the comments on the weapon changes in Halo 2 revolved around the fact that in Halo 1, "the assault rifle handled like an SMG and the pistol handled like a rifle." In Halo 2, the altered weapon loadout featured "a rifle that handles like a rifle, a pistol that handles like a pistol, and an SMG that handles like an SMG."

http://www.halopedia.org/M6D_Personal_Defense_Weapon_System#cite_note-5

^Posted on halopedia, quoted form the Art of Halo, page 103.

In design and canon, It's a pistol; however, in gameplay, it handles like a rifle

That's literally all I was saying. It handles like a rifle in CE

The Pistol is a lot smaller than a rifle, takes up barely any of the screen, and has a cool melee animation. Pistols > rifles any day of the week.

Halo CE is the most difficult. Yes we know that as fact. Halo 2 and Halo 3 have a similar gap, they are just on different aspects of the game. That's what I believe at least. Trying to compare a game with super heavy AA and a game with a RNG rifle seems pointless. People prefer one or the other, based on what is difficult for some people one is harder than the other.

Bringing my duty of taking the piss to a thread near you! 

@My Namez BEAST

"This basically translates to you saying "you never are allowed to be mad" "

No, it's as plain as I can make it. You're entitled to feel however you please, but when it's overtly seen as inappropriately negative, don't be surprised when you aren't acknowledged.

The fact that you'd drag this up after so long says a lot more about your agenda than any perceived agenda from or by the team. I speak at least a couple of times a week in public, and if you have to go back a few years to find something to align with your agenda probably means you're not trying hard enough.

And for example - one of the things our team "hated" or correctly, wanted to change or improve upon, was frames per second.

But by all means keep flogging a dead horse that didn't mean what you thought it did at the time, and still doesn't.

Have a nice day. Try making lemonade for once.

It disgusts me that this has 35 upvotes. Frankie keeps acting like one of the waypoint guys who makes a thread about how jumping in swat is cheating.

Posting here since Cyren said it would get deleted in the H5 Thread.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Bringing my duty of taking the piss to a thread near you!

@My Namez BEAST

"This basically translates to you saying "you never are allowed to be mad" "

No, it's as plain as I can make it. You're entitled to feel however you please, but when it's overtly seen as inappropriately negative, don't be surprised when you aren't acknowledged.

Look homie it's not just the game that is causing so much anger. It's the lack of communication. It's been what, 4 months since the mast update? They just don't tell us what is going on. Even when thy were releasing CU's every month we had no idea what thy would fix. They have been keeping us in the dark especially these last 3 or 4 months

Now as far as the devs respond there are 2 ways of going about it. 1.) like you said thy avoid it because of all the negativity. This is only going to make people feel like they are purposely ignoring them and sweeping the game under the tug. 2.) they try and quell the anger. They let us know what is going on and they give an actual APOLOGY (key word). They let us know everything they are doing in an attempt to reestablish a happy fan base.

This whole debacle had been handled so poorly for so long that people are just so fed up. It's almost been a year and the game is still messed up and it hadn't been updated in over 100 days. Every week Bravo's update involves a bunch of Halo 5 detail and a "MCC team is hard at work more coming soon". That's a terrible way to handle it. Are some people extremely rude about it? Absolutely. But they have enough to justify the anger in my eyes.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Especially since it's not that guys like lemon or cT have been just insulting the devs since 2004. They (and many others) made dozens of constructive posts containing hundreds of valid arguments. It's no wonder that some of their posts reflect the fact that Bungie or 343 never listened to them, never replied, never gave a reason for the drastic changes in gameplay in general. Many of us had to witness the franchise we love(d) getting ruined continually without anybody in charge ever communicating with us. It's absolutely understandable to be maximally pissed at them, even ignoring everything before the MCC. They lied to us, kept advertising the most broken product in the history of video games knowing it doesn't work, never really fixed it until this very day and on top of that treat us like spoiled brats who complain about nothing just because.
It's absolutely incromprehensible to me how anyone can still defend them and instead attack some of the few members who don't instantly go into kissass-mode as soon as someone has "343" reading under their Nickname.

• Upvote (+1) 5

@ H3 having a decent strafe? C'mon now, you must be having a laugh.

just saw this now. No I was not "havin a laugh". H3 has the slowest strafe in the main trilogy, but it by itself is decent, and it's much better with mlg settings.

Especially since it's not that guys like lemon or cT have been just insulting the devs since 2004. They (and many others) made dozens of constructive posts containing hundreds of valid arguments.

It shouldn't matter how reputable you are. If you're wrong, then you're wrong. Lemon simply kept digging at the quote even after Josh explained what it really meant.

This is what I saw, not as a Halo fan, but as a normal person watching the conversation.

I'm not gonna go into the rest of your post because that's an entirely different can of worms.

The quote is really unimportant.The response is what is telling.

honestly your comment seemed very throw away, like I didn't really take it all that seriously, then frankie and josh show up and make a big deal about it.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

honestly your comment seemed very throw away, like I didn't really take it all that seriously, then frankie and josh show up and make a big deal about it.

The worst part is that, that comment is the one comment they felt required a response. Out of literally EVERY post that is the only one they felt was worth their time.
  • Upvote (+1) 3