CyReN

The Great Halo Debate Thread

I can't help but laugh at all this Microsoft talk without thinking about the recent South Park episodes

Don't watch that show. Care to fill me in?

Its a Black Friday parody episode with the kids competing for PS4s and Xbox Ones with a Game of Thrones theme. Its outrageous. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Its a Black Friday parody episode with the kids competing for PS4s and Xbox Ones with a Game of Thrones theme. Its outrageous. 

Today's was ridiculous. When I heard the Red Robin Wedding, I died lol. 

New Halo Bulletin:

"Speed Slayer features increased player speed, 6 vs. 6 combat."

Wow, even more speed...? After the endless debate about sprint I wonder if this sends the right message :-/

New Halo Bulletin:

"Speed Slayer features increased player speed, 6 vs. 6 combat."

Wow, even more speed...? After the endless debate about sprint I wonder if this sends the right message :-/

Increasing base speed is not an issue at all, in fact I'd go the opposite way and say increased base speed would be an overall improvement for the game if it didn't come with the consequences it does (relationship with Sprint speed and strafe responsiveness).

Increasing base speed is not an issue at all, in fact I'd go the opposite way and say increased base speed would be an overall improvement for the game if it didn't come with the consequences it does (relationship with Sprint speed and strafe responsiveness).

Yes, you are probably right. But I thought the timing was not perfect here considering the debate. Speed Slayer is just sending the wrong signals imho. 

Then, of course, mobility (endless sprint) is one of two loadout choices. So here we have Slayer with endless sprint combined with 130% normal speed.

Blowing something up a ridiculous amount is actually a pretty good way to evaluate it.  The effects of sprint will be more exaggerated and visible, so it could be that this playlist is partially a test about deciding Sprint's future.

I believe they have the ability to scale how fast sprint makes you move relative to the base speed, like they do with speed boost.  We'll see how it works.

I cant believe they would leave Sprint enabled and then toss in Mobility as well, with a base movement speed increase. Everything was chaotic enough with current settings and Sprint, and we did not need another Slayer game type either unless it was a actual improvement, 343 is just blind.

The increase in base movement speed is something that deserves being tested, as with 130% movement speed jumps and such can still be made, but with Sprint still enabled this is going to be pretty pointless.

Yeah, it's just for one day.

It has preset loadouts which include Mobility and Resistor, lol.

Also, it's only played on enormous maps

Speed Slayer

•    6 vs. 6 Team Slayer
   •    Score to win: 800
   •    130% player speed
   •    Preset Loadouts, each equipped with Resistor and Mobility
   •    Initial Ordnance enabled, Random and Personal Ordnance disabled

The game type will be featured on the following maps:

•    Longbow
   •    Complex
   •    Daybreak
   •    Exile
   •    Outcast
   •    Meltdown
   •    Harvest
   •    Wreckage
   •    Vortex
   •    Vertigo
   •    Perdition
   •    Ragnarok
   •    Shatter

Yeah, definitely feels like a stealth evaluation of the game without flinch and sprint's impact on gameplay.

I cant believe they would leave Sprint enabled and then toss in Mobility as well, with a base movement speed increase. Everything was chaotic enough with current settings and Sprint, and we did not need another Slayer game type either unless it was a actual improvement, 343 is just blind.

The increase in base movement speed is something that deserves being tested, as with 130% movement speed jumps and such can still be made, but with Sprint still enabled this is going to be pretty pointless.

It's not meant to be a serious playlist.

Regardless if its meant to be serious or not there are better experiences that can be offered on supposed days of celebration, especially since the Load-outs have two of the worst Perks available in them. By this point you would think they would know the real issues with Halo 4, instead of continuing to push these kinds of things into the game. I suppose that its to much to ask to see them take Halo serious anymore or add in any viable or good game types, but as usual there is no reason to play the game because nothing has improved since the small TU.

Was it really all that small?  damage and fire rate tuning, even some auto aim adjustments on some weapons.

It sounds like a very unpretentious dumb fun playlist.  There are plenty of more competitive gametypes in the normal playlists.

Legendary Slayer is a beautiful thing.

Have you ever think about removing aim assist entirely? Maybe only for some "test" playlist, in order to see how well it could work, but think about the absurd increase in the skill-gap.

Yes, it could mean less accessibility, but it would reward good players.

Have you ever think about removing aim assist entirely? Maybe only for some "test" playlist, in order to see how well it could work, but think about the absurd increase in the skill-gap.

Yes, it could mean less accessibility, but it would reward good players.

0 aim assist is unplayable.

Doesn't Killzone Shadowfall have no aim assist?  Or is it just really reduced?

You also wear cement shoes in that game.

You also wear cement shoes in that game.

Well we all want slower movement speeds in Halo, don't we? : P

i wouldn't say its unplayable. sniper already has practically no aim assist in halo1/3 and people are god with it. for a burst fire weapon I would say its harder, but with a single shot utility rifle I can see it being playable especially if they kept the same magnestism in

• Downvote (-1) 1

friendly players have no aim assist on them, right?  I remember in team snipers in reach, some people would try to betray with headshots.  It was obviously more difficult but some managed to do it pretty consistently on moving targets.

Well, having played some 0 aim assist FPS on the Xbox, it's not unplayable, it's just a lot harder. But again isn't this what we are asking from 343? a game more suited for competitive play?

I think there's a difference between that and a game that most non-competitive players won't have fun playing.

i wouldn't say its unplayable. sniper already has practically no aim assist in halo1/3 and people are god with it. for a burst fire weapon I would say its harder, but with a single shot utility rifle I can see it being playable especially if they kept the same magnestism in

They have no aim assist out of scope. Imagine trying to get 4 or 5 shots off consistently with Sniper noscopes.

I think there's a difference between that and a game that most non-competitive players won't have fun playing.

If the matchmaking works properly, and finds players whit similar skill level, i don't see why they shouldn't.

After all a high learning curve is one of the key elements of the success of games like quake, UT, lol, dota, counter stike and starcraft. 

They have no aim assist out of scope. Imagine trying to get 4 or 5 shots off consistently with Sniper noscopes.

Not really, a DMR have a 14/15 bullet magazine and a faster rate of fire.