Mechonis

Thank You Ghostayame

I have honestly never understood this reasoning. He makes settings. He changes a game that is already there. He's not making his own code, what exactly qualifies him(or any other setting-maker) to be an employee at 343? For PR?

A lot of members that work for a gaming studio are not involving with the actual "coding" of the game itself.  Ghost is very professional and more importantly VERY knowledgeable about every Halo title.  From personal conversations I have had with him he has shown extensive knowledge ranging from spawns to forging to in game mechanics.  He is also one of the most dedicated and patient individuals I have ever seen who remained on Halo 4 grinding it out when most if not every one else in the same position would have given up.  

On top of all of this he is also a highly respected member within the competitive community and it would be a good look for any company or organization to add him to their roster.  And just like Sam mentioned (and this isnt a knock at 343i) but I highly doubt that many employees who work at 343 right now have the same knowledge about Halo that Ghost does - and I think most people would agree with me on that one.  There are only a few people I would personally deem qualified to work on a Halo title based on their Halo knowledge, exp and how they conduct themselves - and Eric is for sure one of them.

Oh and he is also a Halo 2 national champion :ghost:  

• Upvote (+1) 2

Chef did all his spawns.

Bravo, and possibly Ghost, wouldn't/don't have the power to change Halo and make it competitive. It would be no different than what we have, but with more PR nonsense attached to it.

Even if that is the case, from what I've read, Ghost at least has a very good understand of how spawning works.

As for your second point, we're debating why Ghost should get a job at 343, not a job with power to fundamentally change the core game.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Chef did all his spawns.

Bravo, and possibly Ghost, wouldn't/don't have the power to change Halo and make it competitive. It would be no different than what we have, but with more PR nonsense attached to it.

Regardless of what you think, our spawn systems were a joint effort. Now, I give Chef all the credit in the world for helping out with Respawn Zones in "v4" and whatnot, but he knows it was a team effort. He helped out immensely with v4 Onyx, v4 Simplex, and v4 Skyline in regards to Respawn Zones, and I've thanked him plenty of times for it. Yet, we went through everything together. He can attest to that. I'm not going to go through all of the details because honestly, it's not worth my time.

Chef knows that I've given him the credit he deserves. I'm glad to say that we made an excellent team.

On a lighter note, thank you all for the kind words. It means the world to me.

-Ghost

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Looking back at the beginning of Halo 4, I never would have thought we would have made it this far and this long with Halo 4. So once again, hats off to Ghost and his team.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ghost, thank you for all you have done. Unfortunately you got dealt a bad hand in Halo 4, but you played it the best you could. I really hope 343 hires you to help make Halo 5, and if they dont they will be making a huge mistake.

I really hope that since you have basicly done all this work for free, that you can somehow benefit from it. You have a solid resume filler because for sure, & without you and AGL, halo 4 would have been dead a long time ago. There just isnt much we can do at this point other than play Halo 3 until Halo 5, which I do hope you are a big part of somehow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Too bad he was not hired by 343. 

343 should at least write him a paycheck for keeping their game relevant for a year. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I used to admire Pros when I was younger. But I've come to respect Gh057 beyond anyone else.

Top level player who also has top level leadership skills (not just in a gaming sense) is a rare combo in our scene.

Gh057ayame for president 2016. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Thanks to ghost for making Halo 4 not be awful to watch! Had some of the best moments past few AGLs.

I don't want this to come off too sentimental, but I've had more than my fair share tonight celebrating the end of Halo 4--figuratively--with my friends. I saw this on twitter on my phone, and literally had to come respond in some fashion. Either way, Ghost is literally the only reason I play Halo 4 to this day. 

I've never been a "competitive" type player, sure I want to win and increase rank, but I'm not going to attend events or try to form a team. In my old age of 26, I don't have the time to dedicate myself to improving to the point where I could even be on a team. That ship has sailed, and I know I'll never be a "Pro Gamer". 

That being said, I had already given up on Halo 4 and went back to Halo 3 when "Throwdown" was introduced. I would play it endlessly, not the 16 hour gaming sessions of Halo 3, but I could at least tolerate the game. I'm sorry, but Infinity anything just makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe I stomached a week of it getting my 50 in it. I never played the MLG playlists, but like now, I can watch it just like I would football on Sunday. I remember the Halo/MLG/USA days, even though I liked Lone Wolves and regular Team Slayer. So basically, with Halo 4, I jumped into the competitive playlists and loved it. With equal starts, at least it was tolerable.That's all thanks to Ghost. If not for my 360 disk drive giving out, I would be playing Halo 3 right now(hurry up Oct 16) but what Ghost done did make it tolerable and at least somewhat enjoyable. 

I tried to read every post, but like I said, I'm kind of drunk, so if I missed it I apologize, but to me, this feels more like 343 giving up on the competitive scene because of AGL's switch, then Ghost giving up. Maybe this has to do with my cognitive notion to hate 343 after they released the travesty that is Halo 4, but it just feels that way to me. I don't think Ghost would simply just step away, I think someone at 343 contacted Ghost and said V5 would be it, they are now going to focus on Halo 5. I could be wrong, and it really doesn't matter if I am, but I don't see Ghost as a quitter.I think at least logically no matter who is going to the god awful CoD, Ghost would stick with it if anything else than to pad his resume, and show he is committed to Halo, but it could be that Neighbor got his job, too.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't want this to come off too sentimental, but I've had more than my fair share tonight celebrating the end of Halo 4--figuratively--with my friends. I saw this on twitter on my phone, and literally had to come respond in some fashion. Either way, Ghost is literally the only reason I play Halo 4 to this day. 

I've never been a "competitive" type player, sure I want to win and increase rank, but I'm not going to attend events or try to form a team. In my old age of 26, I don't have the time to dedicate myself to improving to the point where I could even be on a team. That ship has sailed, and I know I'll never be a "Pro Gamer". 

That being said, I had already given up on Halo 4 and went back to Halo 3 when "Throwdown" was introduced. I would play it endlessly, not the 16 hour gaming sessions of Halo 3, but I could at least tolerate the game. I'm sorry, but Infinity anything just makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe I stomached a week of it getting my 50 in it. I never played the MLG playlists, but like now, I can watch it just like I would football on Sunday. I remember the Halo/MLG/USA days, even though I liked Lone Wolves and regular Team Slayer. So basically, with Halo 4, I jumped into the competitive playlists and loved it. With equal starts, at least it was tolerable.That's all thanks to Ghost. If not for my 360 disk drive giving out, I would be playing Halo 3 right now(hurry up Oct 16) but what Ghost done did make it tolerable and at least somewhat enjoyable. 

I tried to read every post, but like I said, I'm kind of drunk, so if I missed it I apologize, but to me, this feels more like 343 giving up on the competitive scene because of AGL's switch, then Ghost giving up. Maybe this has to do with my cognitive notion to hate 343 after they released the travesty that is Halo 4, but it just feels that way to me. I don't think Ghost would simply just step away, I think someone at 343 contacted Ghost and said V5 would be it, they are now going to focus on Halo 5. I could be wrong, and it really doesn't matter if I am, but I don't see Ghost as a quitter.I think at least logically no matter who is going to the god awful CoD, Ghost would stick with it if anything else than to pad his resume, and show he is committed to Halo, but it could be that Neighbor got his job, too.

If you typed that drunk;

42370-Joffrey-slow-clap-gif-QNW1.gif

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJk

36243-slow-clap-citizen-kane-orson-w-bJk

36243-nicolas-cage-clapping-gif-Imgu-Sj9

• Upvote (+1) 4

In my old age of 26, I don't have the time to dedicate myself to improving to the point where I could even be on a team. That ship has sailed, and I know I'll never be a "Pro Gamer". 

Im 25 and I am going to be the next COD pro in Ghosts! you got to believe. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Im 25 and I am going to be the next COD pro in Ghosts! you got to believe.

OpTic Coachmayyne
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I thank ghost for everything. He made H4 stay relevant, him and his team did a good job! I thank him for that I am sad to see him go and I really don't want him to leave. He was right about reach and he saved H4. I honestly think we should start something so 343 can see we want Eric working on halo cause he knows what he is doing and he deserves it! #HireGhost343

Eric:

"Success is how you bounce back". I would bet my reputation on you. Thanks for making the game fun!

Something tells me you will return, I mean you are "Gh057ayame"

Your friend

Len Bose

• Upvote (+1) 2