Mechonis

Thank You Ghostayame

I disagreed with a lot of his decisions , but he did spend a lot of time with a game that had little potential to begin with, mostly to make it better for the community, and for that I respect him. GG Ghost.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Thanks Ghost you are a stand up guy who's dedication to Halo speaks levels about your character. Good luck in the future and I hope to see a team throwdown playlist as well as you on the payroll at the launch of halo 5.

Well considering the work he's done with TTD, H4GC, and Beyond, I'd consider him a community hero ;)

Ghost is sticking around Beyond btw.

Glad to hear he'll still be around. He did an unbelievable amount of work for this community. The fact that we got a year of competition out of H4 is honestly amazing and a huge achievement. 

Does this pretty much mean we're completely switching over to H3 then? If the Ghost isn't updating and making settings anymore that seems like a pretty clear indicator that competitive Halo as a whole is switching over.

I like to believe that Ghost is in fact Masterchief and we (the community) are Cortana.

Ghost is simply going into cryo sleep, and has given us instructions to wake him up when we need him. 

Thank you Ghost, for everything you've done. Good luck with life.

post-388-0-80822200-1381423355.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

I like to believe that Ghost is in fact Masterchief and we (the community) are Cortana.

Ghost is simply going into cryo sleep, and has given us instructions to wake him up when we need him. 

Thank you Ghost, for everything you've done. Good luck with life.

No hat on Ghost in that pic? That just ain't right.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Almost nobody wanted Ricochet in v5, that put people over the brink. I think its good that the community finally took some action and revolted. It shows how much we are against what Halo 4 is composed of

And the fact that the Europeans are switching to no sprint with an oddball variant without throwing.. If ghost somehow got that in, I bet people might still play H4 instead of switching to h3.

With that said, I know what he had to deal with, with trying to keep dev support and whatnot, and i completely understand that. It just sucks that the developers couldn't have given us more, I know it wasn't ghost's fault that we couldn't have those in the playlist/settings.  I tried to stick with it, but just stopped having fun playing. Now that H3's MLG population has spiked, I'm having WAY more fun that I've had on a Halo game in a long time. I can actually find games within a minute or 2 as a low level rank in MLG since I don't have or even remember what My old account was. 

Words cannot describe how amazed I am that Ghost stuck with this game for so long. He's shown an unbelievable amount of patience, understanding and dedication, both to the settings and the community. He's also grown to be one of my favourite casters and has definitely shown improvements along the way.

I could not imagine for one single minute doing what he does.

Thanks, Ghost. Hope to see you back for Halo 5. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its been a honor to work with you on halo 4. You're a halo legend. Hopefully we can continue to work together in upcoming halos, for many more years.

Thanks ghost!

• Upvote (+1) 1

If somehow Carbon actually does come back for a H3 tournament, I want to see Ghost on the team. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Much love to Ghostayame for dedicating the time to making/testing H4 and nearly making it tolerable to play. He undertook a role in the community that came with heavy scrutiny and no compensation. And it's amazing how far the game as come since "MLG Dallas". But he could only do so much with what we were given. He deserves nothing but respect. Salute. :ghost:

Ghost is the definition of a team player inside and outside the game, never complained or caused drama he was all about the game and community.

Ghost is the embodiment of what leaders and players in the community should strive to be <3 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why are we thanking the guy that thought Storm Rifle secondaries were a good idea?

:kappa:

But really though thanks for your countless hours of work actually making this game bearable. The highlight of Halo 4 for me was searching alone in Legendary Slayer and matching against you and VG Carl and winning. #ARgod

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well I wanted to thank him on Twitter but there's a problem there  :frank:

Anyway. The guy dedicated to what little free time he had to Halo and the community. He did what he could do with what was given to him. Big thanks to him for helping out the community.

He should be.

I have honestly never understood this reasoning. He makes settings. He changes a game that is already there. He's not making his own code, what exactly qualifies him(or any other setting-maker) to be an employee at 343? For PR?

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I have honestly never understood this reasoning. He makes settings. He changes a game that is already there. He's not making his own code, what exactly qualifies him(or any other setting-maker) to be an employee at 343? For PR?

The same could be said for Bravo. All he did was understand Halo at the highest level (like Ghost) and made content, but Ghost made settings which actually puts him ahead in terms of understanding how a certain type of gameplay is meant to function. Both have a lot of love and passion for Halo and both present themselves in a professional manner. If Bravo got a job there, why shouldn't Ghost?

He also has a lot of experience with forging and the spawn system, now please tell me 5 members of staff at 343 who understand random spawns or how a spawning system works in depth.

Our LEAD MP Designer for Halo 4 had no clue what Gandhi was on about when he was confronted with CE spawns and how they functioned.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He also has a lot of experience with forging and the spawn system, now please tell me 5 members of staff at 343 who understand random spawns or how a spawning system works in depth.

Chef did all his spawns.

Bravo, and possibly Ghost, wouldn't/don't have the power to change Halo and make it competitive. It would be no different than what we have, but with more PR nonsense attached to it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gaming studios hire former community members all the time(See Riot with LoL), Ghost could be in charge of comp settings for future Halo games and help with comp testing of the game. Its obvious 343 needs some help in that department, having the 0.1 percent pro gamer perspective can be very helpful and Ghost could help set up the "ranked" play-list settings as well in H5(assuming Josh Menke delivers a ranking system similar to what he did with SC2 and Blackops 2). I see nobody else who would be more fit for that position.

After months of visiting this forum I have finally made an account just to say thanks to Ghost for all the hard work he has put into the Halo community. I wish him the best for the future.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The same could be said for Bravo. All he did was understand Halo at the highest level (like Ghost) and made content, but Ghost made settings which actually puts him ahead in terms of understanding how a certain type of gameplay is meant to function. Both have a lot of love and passion for Halo and both present themselves in a professional manner. If Bravo got a job there, why shouldn't Ghost?

Our LEAD MP Designer for Halo 4 had no clue what Gandhi was on about when he was confronted with CE spawns and how they functioned.

how many times does it have to be stated that being good at something doesn't mean you know and understand how to design something. it just means at most you're going to be good at helping test the gameplay and that's it.

the people who will actually understand how to design something come from the modding community but sadly halos modding community has been shunned at every corner when it comes to creating competitive settings, just look at unity+ and the lack of support and silencing of it, promod is even worse with constant console bans. but i've said it before and i'll keep saying it, the community members that deserve to be hired are the modders that go out of there way to design and create gametypes for the community to use, not some ass-hat player who doesn't know what he's doing when it comes to designing and only know how to twiggle his thumbs and press buttons on a gamepad.

• Downvote (-1) 2