Mechonis

Thank You Ghostayame

Almost nobody wanted Ricochet in v5, that put people over the brink. I think its good that the community finally took some action and revolted. It shows how much we are against what Halo 4 is composed of

True. But he doesn't deserve this.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Despite people disagreeing with some of his choices and the flack he caught from trying to do what he thought was best, he stuck with it and remained Good Guy Ghost through it all. Props for doing something I never could've done.

tumblr_lu18xy513I1qhrzqf1.gif

Ghost is truly one of the sweetest guys you can talk to. I don't think he's ever had a malicious intent before in his life. Glad we had someone like him steering us in the right direction.

What were we supposed to do then ? 

We weren't supposed to do anything. There is no set of events that would be ideal, it just all sucks.

Well, ideally he gets hired by 343 out of college.

Man I feel bad for Ghost. Throwdown is going to be updated to V5 next week, then most likely have the playlist cut in a few weeks due to low population.

Not his fault, he did his best with a crap game. He is a stand up guy with unbelievable dedication and loyalty. Rare qualities in people now a days.

#respect

We weren't supposed to do anything. There is no set of events that would be ideal, it just all sucks.

Well, ideally he gets hired by 343 out of college.

Do anything and play a 'mediocre game' ? No sir. Sitting down and doing nothing is worse.

• Upvote (+1) 1

He should be.

The fact that he isn't is another demonstration of what they place value on and should be seen as a message to our community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You're all acting like he died in a horrific accident.

Ghost is a busy guy. He is a full time student as well as a dedicated fraternity brother that has been killing himself in dealing with the most fickle and shallow gaming community that has been. And now with the recent decision to fall back on Halo 3, I'm stoked for his time to focus on the more important matters he has at hand.

And let's be honest here. Do you really think this is the last we will see or hear from Mr. Hewitt? Nope. The man has halo ingrained in his blood. He believes in this series more than any single person and I would be willing to bet my years salary that he will be back in more influential ways than we could hope.

Sure, the Halo4 thing didn't work out. But it's been filling the holes of a sinking ship since the title dropped. For a while, it was working out alright. Water was rising slower and slower and land was in view, but a man only has so many fingers.

Thanks ghost, for all you have done. You're a great guy and an even better gamer. Do your thing, and I'm sure I'll see you around when the next title drops.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're all acting like he died in a horrific accident.

Ghost is a busy guy. He is a full time student as well as a dedicated fraternity brother that has been killing himself in dealing with the most fickle and shallow gaming community that has been. And now with the recent decision to fall back on Halo 3, I'm stoked for his time to focus on the more important matters he has at hand.

And let's be honest here. Do you really think this is the last we will see or hear from Mr. Hewitt? Nope. The man has halo ingrained in his blood. He believes in this series more than any single person and I would be willing to bet my years salary that he will be back in more influential ways than we could hope.

Sure, the Halo4 thing didn't work out. But it's been filling the holes of a sinking ship since the title dropped. For a while, it was working out alright. Water was rising slower and slower and land was in view, but a man only has so many fingers.

Thanks ghost, for all you have done. You're a great guy and an even better gamer. Do your thing, and I'm sure I'll see you around when the next title drops.

What's your point? People were just saying thanks lol. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

You've digested enough of my words over twelve months across three communities so I'll keep it short.

Cheers Ghost for stepping up and being that guy.

He should be.

Amen.

I'm confused to what is actually happening with Ghost. Is he done with TTD? If so, it's been  :beyond: good.

#Salute

:goat:

What's your point? People were just saying thanks lol.

Just saying we shouldn't be mourning. It's not a loss of a hero it's a well deserved rest.

Honestly, I was never a fan of the Throwdown settings, and not a fan of how Ghost took up the defending of 343i at every turn. I'm glad people are going to Halo 3.

With that said, I acknowledge that what he was doing was what he thought was right, and he was doing it for free. That in itself deserves recognition.  

• Upvote (+1) 6

Thanks for everything Ghost. The community, me included, has given you a lot of unjustified crap for pretty much everything you did, and you deserved a lot better than that. You are easily one of the best things Halo has going for it right now, and I hope you stick around. 

He should be.

^THIS

• Upvote (+1) 1