CyReN

What game do you want at AGL 10 Indy?

Which game do you want at AGL 10?  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Which game do you want at AGL 10?

• Halo 3
    • Halo 4
    • Both Halo 3 & Halo 4

76 to 11 thats a  blowout man smh i feel bad for H4 kids who thought it was alive

Halo 3 is a better game. I don't care about what game is played. This will literally destroy any momentum Halo has. There will be no developer advertising. Stream numbers will tank. Do you understand?

Black Ops 1 has more players than Halo 4 and Team Throwdown averages what, a couple hundred players? AGL, the largest Halo tournament being held, can't even pull 20 teams, and the stream numbers are just as pathetic.  What momentum are you even talking about? Halo 4 is dead.  

Developer advertising? You mean 343 employees tweeting a link to AGL's stream? Please.  Nadeshot making that same tweet is 100x more beneficial.  

If AGL runs Halo 3, there will be more viewers.  You would be stupid to deny that.  Look at twitter, forums, etc, and there are significantly more people wanting Halo 3 instead of Halo 4.  Brad expects Halo 3 to have more viewers.  

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm guessing that everyone that voted halo 3 are also the people not going?

I was planning on going for the FFA. I voted Halo 3, but Halo: Reach would be so much better.

Its so hard to support Halo 4, even if it gets us dev support. We have to show the devs what we want, and they need to see that as long as the small group are done with their game, that they need to change philosophies on designing Halo. 

I 110% agree with Gandhi on everything he said. The promotion for this will be garbage, and the amount of teams going are going to be slim to none, just like if it was H4.

It would be seriously ironic and sad not that Halo 3 AGL has more viewers than Halo 4 AGL... that H3AGL has LESS viewers than H4AGL. Let's see how this goes. 

But unfortunately I'm seeing another discussion in the frontier. Guys supporting H3AGL vs Guys not supporting H3AGL. Just like DMR vs BR all over again :(

• You are permanently banned from talking in arenagamingleague.

NOOOOOOOOO

Why were you banned? What's your twitch username?

• You are permanently banned from talking in arenagamingleague.

NOOOOOOOOO

Don't feel bad. Pretty sure I got timed out for pointing out the unlikelihood of getting 2gre, RoyBox, and FiS to all commit to playing so suddenly.

I agree with Gandhi. Halo 3 is a better game but that's just going backwards and denying any and

all dev support. The funny thing is the people voting are not going to AGL so it's not effecting them.

How will going back to Halo 3 deny dev support? 343i comes from Bungie, who made Halo 3. There is no more DLC to sell for Halo 4, aside from the "Game of the Year Edition" gimmick. They already milked as much as they could with Halo 4. I just don't see how playing Halo 3 will affect 343i.

How will going back to Halo 3 deny dev support? 343i comes from Bungie, who made Halo 3. There is no more DLC to sell for Halo 4, aside from the "Game of the Year Edition" gimmick. They already milked as much as they could with Halo 4. I just don't see how playing Halo 3 will affect 343i.

Only a handful of people of 343i comes from Bungie. It also won't hurt 343i at all but, it'll hurt AGL because they will burn that bridge if they choose Halo 3.

Edit: Not voting because it really doesn't matter to me, just here to watch the drama.

Don't feel bad. Pretty sure I got timed out for pointing out the unlikelihood of getting 2gre, RoyBox, and FiS to all commit to playing so suddenly.

I have no idea who keeps timing out everyone. It's irritating.

Why were you banned? What's your twitch username?

Destroyaaaa. I mean I wasn't typing in caps, to be honest maybe I deserved a timeout for trolling but a perm ban is kind of ridiculous

Destroyaaaa. I mean I wasn't typing in caps, to be honest maybe I deserved a timeout for trolling but a perm ban is kind of ridiculous

Yeah, I didn't see you say anything that bad. Some mods are just a little ban happy. Should be unbanned now

How hard is it to understand. It's so simple. Don't take a shit on Halo 3 and have 3 weeks notice before the event. Keep AGL10 as Halo 4, and announce that 3 months from now, there will be a throwback Halo 3 tournament. You don't lose dev support, and nobody has to "suck it up" and "make excuses" like buying non-refundable plane tickets in advance. Give Halo 3 the event it deserves and proper advertising. Don't be AGL and do this shit. After tonight's stream I have much more faith in 343i than I do in AGL. Like so much more faith it's scary.

And as to why have a H3 event? Tell me one H4 game that was half as competitive as the match below.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reach v7 please.

Although i'd prefer Halo 3 over H4 it just doesn't seem ideal considering how we are trying to get dev support and supposedly Ghost and Neighbor are working alongside with them. Switching to Halo 3 seems to be going backwards. I guess it'd be cool if it were some small 16 team tourney for fun or something but it just doesn't seem ideal to go back to Halo 3 at this late into Halo 4.

My opinion though what do i know..

i feel like AGL is setting themselves up to be disappointed. It's like they are expecting 20k viewers and 100+ teams just by switching to Halo 3. 

i feel like AGL is setting themselves up to be disappointed. It's like they are expecting 20k viewers and 100+ teams just by switching to Halo 3. 

No, they expect 64 teams total with atleast 10-12k views

Black Ops 1 has more players than Halo 4 and Team Throwdown averages what, a couple hundred players? AGL, the largest Halo tournament being held, can't even pull 20 teams, and the stream numbers are just as pathetic. What momentum are you even talking about? Halo 4 is dead.

Developer advertising? You mean 343 employees tweeting a link to AGL's stream? Please. Nadeshot making that same tweet is 100x more beneficial.

If AGL runs Halo 3, there will be more viewers. You would be stupid to deny that. Look at twitter, forums, etc, and there are significantly more people wanting Halo 3 instead of Halo 4. Brad expects Halo 3 to have more viewers.

They had an advertisement of AGL in Halo 4. Everyone that loaded Halo 4 saw it. They won't do that for Halo 3. There will not be more than the last big AGL event. Not 8k

screen-shot-4.png

By playing Halo 3 you are saying "we don't want you to help us get Halo discs (which I believe 343 has provided), they are not going to put an advertisement of AGL in Halo 4, which boosted numbers, and also, 343 invited people who placed at AGL to go to the Halo 4 championships. That won't happen either for future tournaments.

It's not hard for someone to vote on an online poll. Anyone can do that. It's the people that actually show up to events and watch that matter.

This is all I'm gonna say: Halo 4 is not up to par, especially compared to Halo 3 (even bigger on LAN). I love the idea of bringing back Halo 3, but changing the game 3 weeks before the tournament is uncalled for. There are people that practiced for months an bought their plane ticket for H4, I would be furious. I don't like Halo 4 at all really, and I love Halo 3, but this is the wrong move. After AGL 10, we all burn our H4 discs and game H3 competitively.

• Upvote (+1) 3