Katastrophe

What Halo game should the Community/AGL support?

Halo 3 vs Reach  

266 members have voted

1. 1. What should the community/AGL support?

• Halo 3
    • Halo: Reach
    • Halo 4

v7 Reach>V8 Halo 3, but for the tournament to be a success I think it would need to be Halo 3 simply because most people have a hard on for Halo 3. They'll get more teams competing in Halo 3, than in Reach. There would be more viewers as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1

reach was the downfall of halo. How can you guys pick that?

No Sprint could have saved halo before it was too late with more events. Halo 4 finished killing halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also, while this topic is relevant; AGL should NOT be making big changes to their Indianapolis event this close to it. It's unfair on people who have bought flights, and makes them look like they're unreliable at sticking to announced decisions.

If they have plans to have an event in January then by all means run a different game, but players deserve solid practice time and jerking people around who already have organised travel to an event isn't cool.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Putting all settings, gameplay mechanics and personal bias aside, you have to look at this logically from the generally perspective of the community.

Reach has a tarnished reputation while Halo 3 is generally remembered with fond nostalgia. Plus AGL can ride the hype of Halo 3 being free for 2 weeks.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I honestly feel like v7 Reach was more fun then H3 but thats just my opinion :D

• Upvote (+1) 6

i get what u guys r saying about how Reach v7 is better but wouldn't, it be a better choice to pick Halo 3 as the competitive settings aren't to far off the original settings of Halo 3 unlike Halo Reach. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Reach.

ZBNS didn't spend enough time in the spotlight, it was such a great event when MLG ran the last Reach event. 

Halo 3 might be a good game on LAN, but online where 99% of people will practise for said LANs? It is awful. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I have Halo Reach, but due to it being so easy to access Halo 3 I would say H3.

To build a community back to what it was we'd need accessibility, and what is better accessibility than a free game to download on Xbox Live with cheap DLC? LANs wouldn't be as complicating for lack of discs, just one example lol. 

i have seen these threads pop up every 3 months:

"Let's all go back to Halo 3!!!!"

The truth is that Halo 3 does not have that of strong pull to draw people back. It becoming free is going to have little effect. Most competitive players already have halo 3 and if not you could buy a used copy for less than $10

If people want to play Halo 3 they can. nobody is stopping them. If more people end up playing Halo 3 to satisfy their halo-itch that is a great.

However these collective movements to move back to an older Halo game to punish the developers of Halo 4 is childish.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

The truth is that Halo 3 does not have that of strong pull to draw people back. It becoming free is going to have little effect. Most competitive players already have halo 3 and if not you could buy a used copy for less than $10

If people want to play Halo 3 they can. nobody is stopping them. If more people end up playing Halo 3 to satisfy their halo-itch that is a great.

However these collective movements to move back to an older Halo game to punish the developers of Halo 4 is childish.

We are talking about taking our niche community back to a game our players will actually want to compete at tournaments in for the next year. Until Halo 5 drops, most pro's and most of the competitive community has stopped playing H4. If H3 tournaments can give the scene something to do until H5 that isn't switching to inferior games like COD then why not do it?

Why not stick to what's fun? Who cares if there is a new game? All we get out of playing Halo 4 is developer support and a boring game to play. Halo 3 all the way.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This is embarrassing. Halo 4 is trash but this is literally accepting defeat. This will ultimately lose more people out of the little we have. What a joke.

• Downvote (-1) 7

Not even a contest for me. Halo 3.

Reach and Halo 4 go in the same basket for misses in the series.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Might as well go all the way back to Halo 1. Halo 3 isn't that great and we are acting like it's some amazing game. Halo 3 online is trash and NO one would practice. The fact that this is being discussed is laughable. There will be guranteed less viewers for AGL 10. Probably less teams too.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

I would absolutely love a Halo 3 tournament, and it seems like H3 brings in a lot of viewers too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

TIL playing the game I enjoy more is childish.

The competitive Super Smash Brothers Melee players are all childish.

Ohwait.

• Upvote (+1) 1

IF you are going back to an old game, WHY would we not go to the 2 good Halo games? I just don't understand going back to Halo 3 instead of Halo 1 or 2.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

TIL playing the game I enjoy more is childish.

The competitive Super Smash Brothers Melee players are all childish.

Ohwait.

I said going back to an old game to punish the developers of Halo 4 is childish.

I did not say going back to playing a game you enjoy is childish.

I enjoy playing Halo CE and Halo 2. My freinds and I LAN halo 2 around the holidays every year. However we don't LAN halo 2 to punish 343 for screwing up Halo 4. We LAN halo 2 cause we enjoy it.

I love getting neg repped. This is absolutely true. I know Halo 4 is awful, but this will do nothing but make things worse. Stop fanboy ing and being nostalgic. And if you are going to have a "throwback" style Halo tourney, WHY have it for one of the worst Halos?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

IF you are going back to an old game, WHY would we not go to the 2 good Halo games? I just don't understand going back to Halo 3 instead of Halo 1 or 2.

I think it has something to do with Xbox Live not supporting those two first games? I tried downloading H2 Vista and it won't work on my W7 machine, and I tried all the "fixes" out there. CE: CE is a ghost town. I agree that CE and H2 are the better games, but that doesn't mean H3 isn't a solid installment in the series that I enjoy more than Reach and H4.