Does H1 drop frames/freeze due to lag or is it because I'm using the games on demand version?

It's the problem with the 360. It doesn't run original Xbox software natively. It's all emulated.

Does H1 drop frames/freeze due to lag or is it because I'm using the games on demand version?

Like sitri said. 

Basically, it shouldn't be too bad if you make sure you don't turn on your flashlight

God LANing this game is just so different from xbc man

add me

akademik87

new york

:)

OT as hell but you live in NY and you have Sf4 but you don't go to locals? Son, I am disappoint (if you're actually into fighters)

God LANing this game is just so different from xbc man

OT as hell but you live in NY and you have Sf4 but you don't go to locals? Son, I am disappoint (if you're actually into fighters)

I don't play fighters like that

• Upvote (+1) 1

We got a decent amount of nubs in our Skype chat. Got Skype?

Yeah I do.

Currently I'm @ work and I dont remember my skype name but afternoon when I get out I'll add it here.

Also, would somebody explain(tl;dr or very detailed I dont care) how (ideally regarding on or off host) bullet registration works on CE, last night I could swear I was missing shots yet still killing people but then other times I could say I should hit them but I didn't, it's been years since I played CE so I never gave too much thought to it.

Yeah I do.

Currently I'm @ work and I dont remember my skype name but afternoon when I get out I'll add it here.

Also, would somebody explain(tl;dr or very detailed I dont care) how (ideally regarding on or off host) bullet registration works on CE, last night I could swear I was missing shots yet still killing people but then other times I could say I should hit them but I didn't, it's been years since I played CE so I never gave too much thought to it.

If you were off host, then it is probably your ping. 

Halo 1 has lead to it, so you have to lead. You know you are hitting someone when their shield lights up. 

On XBC, in addition to normal lead, your inputs are registered to the host's box later than it seems on your screen. Because of this, at 40 ping, you have to lead a bit more than you would on LAN. On 80 ping, it is quite noticable that you have to lead. At 120, it is significant ammount of lead. 

This even happens on Halo 2 with hitscan. If you aim just like you would on XBL while you are around 100 ping, you will probably be missing shots. You have to compensate for this kind of lag. The more you play XBC the more you will get used to it, and you will be able to know how much to lead simply based off of what your ping is to the host. 

Also, chances are even if it were LAN, you are simply missing in situation where you think you aren't missing. Halo 2 and up have such high bullet magnetism, while CE has none. Because of this, people who are used to new Halos often think their shots aren't registering, when in reality, they are just missing. This is because in new Halos, that shot would have hit so it is hard to understand that you actually missed a shot. 

If you were off host, then it is probably your ping. 

Halo 1 has lead to it, so you have to lead. You know you are hitting someone when their shield lights up. 

On XBC, in addition to normal lead, your inputs are registered to the host's box later than it seems on your screen. Because of this, at 40 ping, you have to lead a bit more than you would on LAN. On 80 ping, it is quite noticable that you have to lead. At 120, it is significant ammount of lead. 

This even happens on Halo 2 with hitscan. If you aim just like you would on XBL while you are around 100 ping, you will probably be missing shots. You have to compensate for this kind of lag. The more you play XBC the more you will get used to it, and you will be able to know how much to lead simply based off of what your ping is to the host. 

Also, chances are even if it were LAN, you are simply missing in situation where you think you aren't missing. Halo 2 and up have such high bullet magnetism, while CE has none. Because of this, people who are used to new Halos often think their shots aren't registering, when in reality, they are just missing. This is because in new Halos, that shot would have hit so it is hard to understand that you actually missed a shot. 

Thanks,  I do remember couple things but I never actually realized the amount of leading that needs to be into it, will need to play it more like Battlefield games, which I am ok with( Never realized any of this back in 2003 when I played CE for a couple months). The 3 shot Pistol is a beautiful thing.

Edit: I'm usually around 15-30 ms of ping so that isn't too terrible.

I think I got it running, anyone playing so I can test it out ?

ID : div0rt3xx(Maryland)

Edit : I did, time to pwn newbs.

That was you I played in H1 yesterday?

:p

how you got a 3sk in the beginning with that ping at the start of the game I do not understand

oh that chilly one on rockets? yeah that was a crazy lead. Great way to start the game, unfortunately it didn't stay anywhere near that good. By the end of the evening I was starting to shoot a bit better though. I despise full screen h1.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah I do.

Sounds good. My Skype is Zunair_is_cows (or something like that. If it's not that the Skype name is on my profile

And my response to your second part is menos for the most part. But you also need to learn to anticipate where players will move in longer range to know where to lead.

]

Where's the cheapest place to get a copy of Halo CE?

I went to a used gamestore (not gamestop) and bought 3 copies a while back. got them for 2 dollars each. In the absence of that, you could prolly just find it on amazon.

Also people: 

KSUlmR7.jpg

why even after you have your connection perfectly setup are there people you cant play with.(they are setup correctly too)

The greatest mystery of XBC

Anyone(s) for CE or H2 ? 

There are some people playing XBC right now. Akademik Sitri and someone else are currently playing. Look for their game in the XBC lobby and see if you can get in. 

I will be on later tonight. 

EDIT: What is your skype? I will add you to our super cool XBC chat