How do I get it to not show N/A where my ping is?

Because you cant ping yourself on xbc, ping is relative to the person who is connecting.

• Upvote (+1) 1

N/A is what it says whenever you're hosting. If you're not host and no # appears it'll say "FW". Which isnt a issue, just means a firewall or functions of a firewall are preventing XBC from pinging your modem. Doesn't effect joining or playing games.

Only way to fix "FW" is to disable everything that may have firewall functions and disable "wan ping block mode" options in your router. But for some people even that doesn't fix the "FW"

If its not bugging you. Just leave it alone.

N/A is what it says whenever you're hosting. If you're not host and no # appears it'll say "FW". Which isnt a issue, just means a firewall or functions of a firewall are preventing XBC from pinging your modem. Doesn't effect joining or playing games.

Only way to fix "FW" is to disable everything that may have firewall functions and disable "wan ping block mode" options in your router. But for some people even that doesn't fix the "FW"

If its not bugging you. Just leave it alone.

Haha you joined my game last night but left out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know why I can join servers but then when I try to join the lobby it always gives me a join in progress screen and then shoots me back to the main menu saying "Unable to join"

Anyone know why I can join servers but then when I try to join the lobby it always gives me a join in progress screen and then shoots me back to the main menu saying "Unable to join"

Sounds like Fire Wall

Do you see the letters FW where the ping should be? 

If so, then go to the settings on your firewall and allow XBC through the fire wall AND turn it off. Same if you have anti-virus firewalls, but those can be more tricky.

Has anyone had a problem with being unable to join a party.  I have been stuck at this point on my setup.   I am able to find games and when I try to connect to them it will start to join and then say unable to join the party at this time try again later.  If anyone has any advice or solutions please help me out.  I'm dying for some Halo 2 here.

Has anyone had a problem with being unable to join a party.  I have been stuck at this point on my setup.   I am able to find games and when I try to connect to them it will start to join and then say unable to join the party at this time try again later.  If anyone has any advice or solutions please help me out.  I'm dying for some Halo 2 here.

Do you have the correct ports forwarded?

Do you have the correct ports forwarded?

8602 right?

I'm also doing this through virtual box on a mac.  I'm not sure if that changes anything.

I'm not sure if it's the fact that I'm on a mac that I had so much trouble with XBC but I gave Xlink a try and it worked without any effort at all.

People need to stop making lobbies clearly saying "FFA", and then ending the FFA ounce 8 people join to start 4's... If you want to play 4's, just say so. Don't lead me on then break my heart right when it's getting good  :kappa:

There needs to be more FFA host's... MORE FFA PEOPLE.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People need to stop making lobbies clearly saying "FFA", and then ending the FFA ounce 8 people join to start 4's... If you want to play 4's, just say so. Don't lead me on then break my heart right when it's getting good  :kappa:

I've been on for the last few hours and 90% of the lobbies are FFA. :( I want more 4v4 but hardly any lobbies on right now, I dunno if I'm on at a bad time or what.

H2 scrubs need to stop joining my H1 lobbies asking to play FFA  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I've been on for the last few hours and 90% of the lobbies are FFA. :( I want more 4v4 but hardly any lobbies on right now, I dunno if I'm on at a bad time or what.

If you join those FFA lobbies. they almost always turn into 4's lobbies once the games done, if not as soon as 8 join. Theres only a couple people who play FFA consistently.

If you join those FFA lobbies. they almost always turn into 4's lobbies once the games done, if not as soon as 8 join. Theres only a couple people who play FFA consistently.

I guess I got unlucky then. In the past 3-4 hours, only 1 lobby I got in to was 4v4, rest were all FFA.

If I can't find a game to join I'll host my own lobby and almost always play FFA and unlike most lobbies I don't start until there are 8 players, I hate playing FFA games with less than 8.  I also clearly list this in the description.

lmao the one reason why I don't play halo2 is because its just ffa's. I'll only get on h2 if i'm watching a h2 stream and the 8th leaves.

also what 3sp said. it clearly says halo, not halo2.

I'm just now starting to get back into Halo 2, going from bumper jumper to default ugh!  :angry:

Same here haha, it's tough switching controls a lot. Especially when XBC is dead and I go back to Bumper Jumper Reach, then back and forth between the two. I believe I played you yesterday assuming your username is the same as your XBC name, GG's.

---

Btw, anyone know if it's the host who needs the MP update for it to count in the game? I have my H2 patched but I just played a game where it takes 6 beatdowns to kill someone. 

If someone without the update makes the game you'll have to play without the update. So you would have to make the game yourself.

Ah, so it is host dependent. That sucks. Thanks for the info.