tbh, the community had it's fair share of assholery (as some one who has been on XBC for several years) but it was mostly manageable and sidelined pretty fast... now that it's repopulated again there's a large number of what i see as the "MLG or die crowd" invading xbc: the type of people that attend a small number of events and believe they are gods tits for it even though they didn't place. Those kids trashing me and calling me s random and telling me i don't know who they are... i spent five minutes on google, two of them attended 1-2 MLG halo 3 events and the other one has under 300 followers on twitter and says he's a former halo pro in his bio, as far as i can tell he's never even placed top 32. It's that type of crowd that completely ruins the image of the competitive halo community.

Yea, I have noticed that a lot of the returning players, who suck cause they haven't played the game in years, are trashing on the XBC faithfuls that never stopped playing, usually because those XBC kids are better than them.

tbh, the community had it's fair share of assholery (as some one who has been on XBC for several years) but it was mostly manageable and sidelined pretty fast... now that it's repopulated again there's a large number of what i see as the "MLG or die crowd" invading xbc: the type of people that attend a small number of events and believe they are gods tits for it even though they didn't place. Those kids trashing me and calling me s random and telling me i don't know who they are... i spent five minutes on google, two of them attended 1-2 MLG halo 3 events and the other one has under 300 followers on twitter and says he's a former halo pro in his bio, as far as i can tell he's never even placed top 32. It's that type of crowd that completely ruins the image of the competitive halo community.

Got to take the bitter with the sweet.

Those kids will be around regardless of the state of the game. Of course, it is funny to listen to them when you're slapping them around.

Anyone wanna play some Halo 1 XBC?  Got a NY host up with Fios should be good ping.

Yea, I have noticed that a lot of the returning players, who suck cause they haven't played the game in years, are trashing on the XBC faithfuls that never stopped playing, usually because those XBC kids are better than them.

honestly trying to speak to kids like that is like trying to speak with a terrorist, they are so blind and stupid. gg's though, will look for you online more.

So, I am having difficulty connecting to some players' host. At times, I will click to join a host and it will just end the connection process. Are there ports I could forward to help this or anything? Thank you.

Anyone playing around 6:30? I'm trying to get a lobby going.

Timezone? Its 4pm for me.

I will be on by 630 pm my time, if you're on ill join in again. Got family over atm for dinner though so ya, not till later my time.

But ill be on all night like every night since i got my new box. H2 all night and 6am bedtimes is becoming normal again. like its 2006 all over again. Loving it.

So, I am having difficulty connecting to some players' host. At times, I will click to join a host and it will just end the connection process. Are there ports I could forward to help this or anything? Thank you.

The port for xbc is 8602. Even forwarded though some people have problems connecting to some hosts. Make sure all your firewalls are off including the Microsoft ones built into your pc.

Some hosts also just glitch and I find if I click a server and I dont join and the server just closes on its own, if I try a couple times, Sometimes it will connectect and let me in. Also dont ignore servers with pings that say "fw". Most routers have a ping block functions that make it so xbc can't ping the host so it just says "fw". Nothings normally wrong with "fw" connections.

The port for xbc is 8602. Even forwarded though some people have problems connecting to some hosts. Make sure all your firewalls are off including the Microsoft ones built into your pc.

Some hosts also just glitch and I find if I click a server and I dont join and the server just closes on its own, if I try a couple times, Sometimes it will connectect and let me in. Also dont ignore servers with pings that say "fw". Most routers have a ping block functions that make it so xbc can't ping the host so it just says "fw". Nothings normally wrong with "fw" connections.

that last part is weird. It seems this happened sometime when xbc was updated. I used to see my ping to lots of active xbcers and now it's always FW for w/e reason. Can still join tho

If you can access your router and find a option called "wan ping block mode" its almost always enabled by default. Turning it off fixes the "FW" thing for some people when they host servers. Some isp routers dont allow it to be turned off. And some firewalls have its own functions that cause the same issues.

It really means nothing though, just xbcs servers are having issues pinging the hosts/your router/modem. Normally doesn't effect the ability to join or host games though.

Timezone? Its 4pm for me.

I will be on by 630 pm my time, if you're on ill join in again. Got family over atm for dinner though so ya, not till later my time.

But ill be on all night like every night since i got my new box. H2 all night and 6am bedtimes is becoming normal again. like its 2006 all over again. Loving it.

I played a bit tonight. Was fun.

Definitely would still be playing if I didn't have some school work to do for my summer courses.

Just wish I could get 8s with everyone having maps.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People with OG Xbox's can still play against people who have 360's correct? I've heard some people say yes and some people say no.

I am hopefully getting my HD OG xbox cable tonight and am going to be hopefully hoping on to xbc if everything works correctly.

I downloaded xbc from their website and made an account. Then I tried following this post trying to set it up but kinda got confused. What do I all have to do in order to make xbc work. I have a laptop and what not to set it up. Can anyone help me? I greatly appreciate it and want to get playing some H2 again!

People with OG Xbox's can still play against people who have 360's correct? I've heard some people say yes and some people say no.

I am hopefully getting my HD OG xbox cable tonight and am going to be hopefully hoping on to xbc if everything works correctly.

I downloaded xbc from their website and made an account. Then I tried following this post trying to set it up but kinda got confused. What do I all have to do in order to make xbc work. I have a laptop and what not to set it up. Can anyone help me? I greatly appreciate it and want to get playing some H2 again!

Plug your xbox into your laptop with a crossover cable, bridge your connection, download the latest viersion of winpcap, forward port 8602 to optimize connectivity, you can do this by following instructions at www.portforward.com. open xbc, find your console, play halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I have my Xbox and laptop connected to crossover cords and it won't let me bridge connections or switch the setting to "allow other network users to connect through this computers internet connection". This is so confusing to get it setup. Need help!

I just tried downloading winpcap 4.1.2 but it says my version of windows is not supported. It's a newer HP laptop.

If anybody cares I'll be uploading various XBC H2 gameplays to

.  HD videos against amateurs, semi-pros, and pros as we all come back to H2 in anticipation of MCC.  I'll also try streaming at www.twitch.tv/jam287, follow me on www.twitter.com/cizzzats for updates.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Playing with the guy that had a 2200+ ping last night was interesting.  Gives you a whole new appreciation for Xbox Live.  Pretty sure he linked up through a potato.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Need 2 for casual XBC scrims every night or so, there are a few to4s of good players to play long series with.  Must have skype for voice chat.

Anyone I need of any original xbox S controllers, Halo 2 or Halo 2 map pack disc? I have three S controllers for sale. All three are $10 a piece and I want $15 a piece for Halo 2 and the Halo 2 map pack.