Region would be a nice thing to know of anyone wanting to play. So we can get a neutral host and not have to rip our hair out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright this post for the most part is for h1 specifically.

1) regions are as important (maybe more) than your actual connection. So it's best to find players around your region and if possible your state.

For example I get about 20 ping with players in my city. On the contrary, I get about 80 ping with players in PA

2) here is the link to an h1 timer. Credit goes to cT https://www.dropbox.com/s/hk5i3utz4qlzl7s/cTs_Halo_Timer.mp3

Use it. Weapon control is even more important in this game than any other. Hell if you want you can do what I did and tape/glue a small timer on your. Xbox controller

3) Be nice. Xbc already has enough dicks, we don't need more

4) understand some weapons are OP on host (shotgun for example)

5) if you're having problems Skype me and we'll put you in a chat to try fixing it

6) You're not good if you won on host

7) Learn the spawn system if you want to do well in 2s. I'll link it once I get on a computer

8) 70 ping is pushing it

9) links to guides

This one teaches you some random tips and useful core aspects of h1 you need to learn to get better

Some more things you need to learn

NADE TRICKS. these are super useful and just awesome to do. You can invent your own nade tricks but these are the standard

There is a guide I'm looking for now that is really good but I might try posting my own version of it if I can't

It's 1 am so I don't remember most of what I want to say. I'll edit this later

• Upvote (+1) 5

I have always had problems hearing people in the game on H2.

I had all my ports forwarded correctly but nothing seemed to fix it.

XBC: Mechonis

You're wrong about just one thing.

Winning on host always means you're better.

Also if you play {{truth}} and {{soulja}} you will get raped. And they sometimes use fake XBC accounts and you don't realize why you're losing by 30 kills every game. I did beat them once on Priz. But I was host so *.

Region would be a nice thing to know of anyone wanting to play. So we can get a neutral host and not have to rip our hair out.

ill host all the games. I know droid is a huge fan!

Is there a good way to test if my connection is decent enough to even bother trying this? Or can I expect at least decent gameplay as long as I don't lag on XBL?

SpeedTest.net says "57 ping, 0.95 Mbps DOWN, 0.36 Mbps UP". It doesn't seem to get much worse at all even when pinging serves from 3-4 hours away.

Is there a good way to test if my connection is decent enough to even bother trying this? Or can I expect at least decent gameplay as long as I don't lag on XBL?

SpeedTest.net says "57 ping, 0.95 Mbps DOWN, 0.36 Mbps UP". It doesn't seem to get much worse at all even when pinging serves from 3-4 hours away.

For CE especially, the games have much worse netcode. You're going to have to keep that in mind.

Back in 05/06 I used to play XBC on 0.3mb up and down DSL. On a close host it actually wasn't horrid.

As with all Halo games, they use almost no bandwidth unless you're hosting a big game. It's more about how fast those few packets get where they're trying to go. As long as you don't have high pings to local servers, you should be ok. How far away is that 57 ping speedtest server?

When I go to check my port forwarding, it says:

Ping Result: We were not able to ping your router.

Port Check Result: Your port is OPEN on this computer.

Did I do it right / wrong?

@aPK: When it comes to port forwarding you want your router to static. Does it say anything like that?

Not that I see. The first line tells me my external IP address which I didn't include in my post for obvious reasons.

At the bottom of the report it says: "This means that our server was able to establish a direct connection to your computer and send it data. Everything is working as it should and your TCP port is forwarded correctly."