iTopSide

Halo and MLG

So watching Ninjas stream and Ace starts saying stuff about Ghost and halo rejoining MLG? At the time ninja thought stream voice was muted. Realized it wasn't and closed stream... Mhmm anyone know what MLG is planning?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Pretty sure that top teams know information about halo before it's out for the community.

nah

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Mhmm seems logical? Why hide team info when you scrimm on twitch. Everyone already knows! Look at our government lol important info is always shared with the people in there circle. Then out for the community to see.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It isn't like there is a private forum for MLG to talk to pros anymore. Unless puckett or someone literally called the pros individually or emailed them in some way I don't see why they would know anything before hand. Most conversation is via twitter it seems.  

Also Halo 4 isn't getting back into MLG. There are 7 teams for AGL 10k. I've gone to local Halo Reach events that were bigger and there isn't a huge scene where I live. 

Maybe, MAYBE, 343i talked about H5 to MLG for a pre-release tournament. MAYBE. Something like what they did for H4. 

Maybe, MAYBE, 343i talked about H5 to MLG for a pre-release tournament. MAYBE. Something like what they did for H4. 

I'd be surprised if they were already planning that. All we've seen is a CGI trailer, seems a bit far in advance. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

MLG would be the dumbest company in the world if they pick up Halo.

Sorry. That's the truth of the matter.

Lol you serious? Halo is the reason MLG is so popular. Like, honestly did you even know what MLG was before you played halo. MLG should be thankful for halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 10

Lol you serious? Halo is the reason MLG is so popular. Like, honestly did you even know what MLG was before you played halo. MLG should be thankful for halo.

I think he means H4. I agree with him if that's the case.

H5 is a different story, if 343 actually listened to us, there is a pretty good chance H5 will be picked up again, so long as MLG are assured team passes will sell out and they get a lot of viewers. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What would MLG gain from picking up Halo?

Halo will be back on the MLG circuit in 2015, maybe with Halo5/Halo XboxOne. 

Seeing as how you are the god of predictions, you just saved Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I really hope Call of Duty Ghost is a good game. I know that MLG would get the viewers, but from the looks and what I have been hearing in recent news. Call of Duty Ghost will probably kill the community once again. Also, I am hoping MLG picks up Halo 5 (If it's good).

God, just let a legend die.

What this dude said.  

And if MLG is going to do anything with Halo, it will most likely be another exhibition prior to H5's release or just after. 

So here's my question, what ever happened to Virgin Gaming? Somehow I remember them having a contract to all tournament play over the halo series with 343i.