CyReN

OT of H3

Yo i want to get a to4 together and stream the halo 3 campaign any takers?

:kappa: im doin this

• Upvote (+1) 1

On at 11 central last night - 2500 total online for H3.  Night before - 5500.  What gives?  Repopulate H3 is (not)real...

We will know just how many people showed up for the re-population of Halo 3 with the next Major Nelson online popularity chart that counts the number of UU (unique users) over a period of time. I don't know if Halo 3 will pass Halo 4 on the chart, really hoping it does, but at least Halo 3 should be in the top 20. 

Reach's default was a mix between halo 3's and 4's: LS to crouch, RB to melee, X to reload, then B to switch grenades (...), and I didn't start playing default on Reach until Halo 4's default controls ruined everything (I couldn't adapt to H4's recon because of core sprint).

I've tried both bumper jumper and walkie talkie. The core thing that screws me over is having B as my reload/pickup button.

I'll just have to grow up and use default again. I guess eventually I'll get back into it. Fuck Halo 4 and core sprint, also no customizable control schemes.

Bumper jumper took a bit for me to get used to (and I spent a whole lot of games beating down air instead of picking up weapons) but I don't regret the switch. I do wish we had the option to make our own button layouts though.

Lol god help whoever has to play on your host. Which knowing H3 you probably get half of the games, am i right? lol

Good lord. Indian connections, not even once. 

Well I do pull host occasionally, but my speed is not always this bad. I pay for 2 mbps and my ISP suddenly starts PMSing and gives me shit speed so it's not always bad.

We will know just how many people showed up for the re-population of Halo 3 with the next Major Nelson online popularity chart that counts the number of UU (unique users) over a period of time. I don't know if Halo 3 will pass Halo 4 on the chart, really hoping it does, but at least Halo 3 should be in the top 20. 

It should. When AC2 became free it went to #7 I believe and Halo is arguably a more well known franchise than AC.

It's a shame the population counter is broke. It probably won't be fixed as well, 343i wouldn't want everyone to know Bungie's old dog is beating H4 and it's five years older than H4. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's a shame the population counter is broke. It probably won't be fixed as well, 343i wouldn't want everyone to know Bungie's old dog is beating H4 and it's five years older than H4. 

They wouldn't be comparable either way, Halo 4 is real time which Halo 3 is every 24 hours. 

Can we stop being asses about "343 don't care people to know Halo 3 is winning". It's childish at this point. 

They wouldn't be comparable either way, Halo 4 is real time which Halo 3 is every 24 hours. 

Can we stop being asses about "343 don't care people to know Halo 3 is winning". It's childish at this point. 

Still easy to figure out.

If the counter was fixed, if we saw it had more people in one 24 hour period than H4, then...viola! 

Anyone else having trouble with finding a good control scheme in Halo 3? I was able to play Halo 3 (default button layout) after Reach (Recon), and Reach (Default) after Halo 4 (Default), but not Halo 3 (???) after Halo 4 (Default).

The controls are too different for me to adapt. Every time I try to beat down somebody, I hit the reload button. And numerous times I try to reload or pick up a weapon, I throw a power drain.

I got some games on multi-team and was still pretty fun, but it's been hard trying to re-adapt to H3 button layouts. I really need to learn how to claw.

I play different settings from 3-4.

H3 I play bumper jumper(to jump without letting go of the thumb stuck), Reach I play default(so I can use the Jetpack in MLG) and H4 I play boxer( I find all the other layouts to be garbage).

Is there any reason people haven't tried to make a modded gametype that fixes that BR spread (or just outright makes it single shot)? I'm guessing it's just not feasible, but if it could be done, it should be. The only thing that frustrates me playing H3 is the BR.

#PickingUpCarbinesInMLG

I play BJ in H3/HR and H4 and I find it easy to transition between the three, not much changes apart from the Sprint button and switching nades I think.

Agreed simple transitions

I played boxer in all halo's except H3 i play Walkie talkie.

If you like jumping with A, Walkie talkie is the best controller scheme in H3. Everything crucial is done with triggers and bumpers.

Holy fuck. Naded plays on sens 8/9 o.O

edit: he went back to 5 and back to 3.