Sign in to follow this  
ST Trick77

Europe v5.1 Settings [No Sprint]

Gametype suggestions:

Orion KotH or TS

Pitfall KotH

Skyline Oddball

There's also a modded assault gametype - maybe Onyx or Skyline bomb?

At the moment we are looking at Pitfall Koth and also Onyx Oddball.  Assault was awesome back in the day, even on Reach Zealot bomb was quality!

Can the modders make it so pressing the R trigger to shoot while holding the objective makes you drop it? That's how I juggle objectives as well as many others I'm sure. Also, I realize the European scene isn't a huge fan of Ricochet, but a NS Ricochet gametype would be greatly appreciated, and just because people may not have liked Ricochet with Sprint doesn't necessarily mean they won't like it without Sprint.

Can the modders make it so pressing the R trigger to shoot while holding the objective makes you drop it? That's how I juggle objectives as well as many others I'm sure. Also, I realize the European scene isn't a huge fan of Ricochet, but a NS Ricochet gametype would be greatly appreciated, and just because people may not have liked Ricochet with Sprint doesn't necessarily mean they won't like it without Sprint.

If they are using mods they should do assault.

Can the modders make it so pressing the R trigger to shoot while holding the objective makes you drop it? That's how I juggle objectives as well as many others I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure that's how the modded oddball gametype already is.

If they are using mods they should do assault.

I like Ricochet better.

:ph34r:

... the tradeoff (Devs wont support mods, against ToS) -

NS Halo is what we all want, I just wish we had an official gametype.  And sadly I do agree with you Akademik that we will probably never see a NS gametype that isnt a mod....

Um, Lightning Flag?

Not only is No Sprint possible, but they have already put it in matchmaking. That sure sounds like support to me. The reasons we dont have it is because there is an outspoken pro minority that wants it to stay and they are worried about newcomers not liking it. Its a legit concern I guess...I played a lot of anniversary in Reach and I had a few friends I would play with who would immediately say "HOW COME I CANT RUN?" as soon as the game started. I always had to roll my eyes at him.

The fact of the matter is, they did no sprint for their reasons, for their silly gametypes. Us asking for ( even if we didnt have the 'sprint is fine' crowd) and then them changing how Halo plays in any semblance of a competitive setting has not happened much in this franchise's history. There are a few exceptions, like the recent BR buff and changing the melee trade mechanic in pre-patch h3, but those are pretty small things IMO. The closest thing we had to an amazing post-release change was removing bloom in Reach, something that shouldnt have been there in the first place. I guess I understand your guys' optimism but I just haven't been seeing the same amounts of significant progress.

• Upvote (+1) 9

So when is the next EU event that'll have the new settings?

I'm sure this has already been asked, but can you get banned for using these modded gametypes?

Um, Lightning Flag?

Not only is No Sprint possible, but they have already put it in matchmaking. That sure sounds like support to me. The reasons we dont have it is because there is an outspoken pro minority that wants it to stay and they are worried about newcomers not liking it. Its a legit concern I guess...I played a lot of anniversary in Reach and I had a few friends I would play with who would immediately say "HOW COME I CANT RUN?" as soon as the game started. I always had to roll my eyes at him.

The fact of the matter is, they did no sprint for their reasons, for their silly gametypes. Us asking for ( even if we didnt have the 'sprint is fine' crowd) and then them changing how Halo plays in any semblance of a competitive setting has not happened much in this franchise's history. There are a few exceptions, like the recent BR buff and changing the melee trade mechanic in pre-patch h3, but those are pretty small things IMO. The closest thing we had to an amazing post-release change was removing bloom in Reach, something that shouldnt have been there in the first place. I guess I understand your guys' optimism but I just haven't been seeing the same amounts of significant progress.

I was also confused by lightning flag.  Not sure why they would put that into MM but they would not give Ghost a NS gametype when he requested it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

I was also confused by lightning flag. Not sure why they would put that into MM but they would not give Ghost a NS gametype when he requested it.

I've said it before: the refusal to give Ghost NS game types is because 343 is adamant that sprint is part of Halos core now. They don't want us to have competitive settings that are completely outside their philosophy for Halo.

Halo 5 will launch with sprint just like H4 unless something drastic changes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@Beyond staff. You may like where you are right now politically with 343 Industries and their "developer support", but don't act for a second like you do not support efforts to return no sprint settings to competitive Halo. The last time there was a massive push for no sprint settings, the Beyond team hijacked the test settings and put their name all over it claiming it was the "official" v4 NS. You even streamed NS testing on the official BE Twitch stream. Nothing about sprint belongs in competitive Halo. It creates a lack of punishment for bad positioning, lack of relevance for positioning at all, and waters down power positions. This site is the American home of competitive Halo. The staff of this site should be doing everything they can to support efforts to bring Halo to its most competitive state. 

Instead, the staff of this site (including administrators) go to TopMid and threads on BE and attack them for challenging the v5 settings. All in the name of "developer support". If the competitive Halo community truly had developer support, we would have received a no sprint gametype long ago.

Have fun playing settings with sprint Beyond. TopMid will be playing real Halo.

Edit: This is only directed at certain staff members. You know who you are.

I'm happy to see more people expressing their opinions without following the rest of the sheeps

Congratulations EU for making the right move!

I advise NA Halo competitive scene to follow in the direction EU has taken. When a Nation comes together (around the world) demanding change ... Change will follow. 343 will notice and reevaluate their decision & possibly give us an Official NS settings. BUT this will only happen when & if we all demand/support each other on this. We can't flip flop on this issue. If we do then nothing will be done. 343 has done an amazing job giving us what we want. Yes not 100% the time but they have shown that if we demand something then they will provide. For example, when everyone demanded a 4sk BR they in return made it happen. This was only accomplished when our community across the Halo Universe came together. The argument wasn't "This a bad idea because we will lose Dev support". That argument wasn't even brought up. Always remember 343 depends on us.. We don't depend on them :) Without Halo players ...Halo will fade away.. (Ex: GoW M.E & so on)

I understand the argument made in favor of "dev support" but like many have stated at this point NS setting is a better trade off then "dev support". 

As per the update we are current testing a new format of Haven Ext with different Ext locations. Onyx Odball is also now in testing mode to replace S9 Ext.

Other possible ideas that are floating about are Pit KOTH, and either Ark OR Orion in some form but they are just Rhumors.

We need something to swap S9 which is strongly looking like Onyx Ball leaving Haven as the only Ext map, but i would swap S9 Ext for Onyx ball any day with or without sprint.

I will keep you all posted, this ruleset should be solid/complete and done within the next 2 weeks so we have a solid 11 map playlist for our major H4 Lan event in december. (Which I hope we see at least 1 US pro team attend) NS is still not 100% confirmed but the support has been incredible so I can almost certainly garuntee its going to happen.

Thanks guys. Simms

These are some exciting gametypes I would like to play and watch, definitely sound more promising than station 9

It's very rare that I actually consider settings changes made in the EU to be particularly well thought out or good for competition. This is one of those times.

My only question is this:
If you're going to mod sprint out and bump movement speed up another 5% why not go further and do things like eliminating BR spread, removing bloom from the DMR & Magnum, reducing aim assist somewhat, or otherwise adjusting gametypes and the sandbox in order to get the best competitive Halo experience possible?

I'd like to be proven wrong, but I get the impression that the majority of the community (on both sides of the pond) fundamentally doesn't want to get over using an inconsistent starting weapon to artificially limit range. Too many players just seem to want the BR, inconsistencies be damned, and that concerns me for the future of this series as a competitive title.

If actions do speak louder than words and we see big issues like sprint tackled, but less visible issues such as inconsistent weaponry are left alone then what kind of message does that send to 343? That we're so blind to such issues that we think outshooting someone at long range with a BR is purely on the merit of one's skill and not influenced by an RNG at all? That we should accept such deviations when playing for money?

Please, go one step further and make the game more consistent. If the BR starts have to stay then at least remove random bullet spread in the name of consistency.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I understand the argument made in favor of "dev support" but like many have stated at this point NS setting is a better trade off then "dev support". 

At this point? AT THIS POINT Halo 4 is dead ANYWAY, in 2 months nobody will be playing it, do i really need to list all the super hyped games that are coming out? I'd rather try once again to get Dev support and get a legit Halo 5 than playing decent settings for a month.

So when is the next EU event that'll have the new settings?

I'm sure this has already been asked, but can you get banned for using these modded gametypes?

We have an event in late November that we're running. The gametypes we're using haven't been 100% confirmed yet due to the constant feedback we're getting from the community on the settings they want to use. But we hope to have everything confirmed soon.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The Halo community has gotten such little dev support than an inkling of dev support makes people think it's actually great. As someone who pays attention to other games, dev support should come inside the game not just outside. Making the game good for EVERYONE, while also making it competitive is something that treyarch, Riot, Blizzard and now even IW have done. If the developers of the game get upset because a small percentage of the competitive community use certain game types because it will make the game decent, then why not. The game is done for, and having a piece of the community use the game types isn't going to affect anyone at all.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is just a thought and please let me know if you don't like it.

Since Halo 3 is FREE in a week... why not go back to a CLASSIC Halo game instead of trying to fix this one. It's causing so many arguments and the point stands that sprint, no-descope, Flag indicator when running the flag, no flag juggle, ONLY 3 possibly 4 gametypes in use, and many maps that are eye-sores (in my personal opinion) are reasons why this game can't be fully saved. Anything you do won't change the game in the ways it needs to be changed. Bring back a game that has the core mechanics already built in. And yes I understand the net code and online are crap but at least the CORE gameplay is there.

I know many people that would come back to watch and or play in an Halo 3 tournament all you have to do is look at twitch and when a top player is playing Halo 3 or even an amateur, they are pulling most of the viewers. Yes, I also know that people would need the map packs for this game to play the "MLG" settings but instead of buying 2 maps packs for like $10 that you need for V5 Halo 4..... just get Halo 3:ODST which comes with a full game and ALL the maps for Halo 3 multiplayer and it is $10 as well!! I think it is time to move back to Halo 3 because the last big tournament was back in 2010! That is almost 4 years ago. Just think of all the people that would be interested to see what REAL Halo was like that never got to see it being played or even play it. This is just food for thought guys. Let me know what you think :D

BTW I just played Halo 2 4v4 on LAN again and half of us were split screen but it was the most fun I had in a long time :)

I've said it before: the refusal to give Ghost NS game types is because 343 is adamant that sprint is part of Halos core now. They don't want us to have competitive settings that are completely outside their philosophy for Halo.

Halo 5 will launch with sprint just like H4 unless something drastic changes.

yup..

it's a sad reality. They'll continue to give us the Red X's and the 4 shot guns to try and keep us fed a little, but we're never getting the full meal. 343's Halo is going to be filled with sprint, AA's and loadouts till Halo is no more..

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hello Beyond,

Over in Europe we are looking at making our own settings once again, and IF we do we are looking at removing sprint and bringing back a more classic Halo.  What I want to know is what you guys think of it?  Would you want no sprint back, and if we do would it make you guys more likely to watch a European event?

Let me know guys, cheers!

Yes. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

And yes I understand the net code and online are crap but at least the CORE gameplay is there.

It gets more unplayable each time I go back and play it though. :\

I know it's a good game, but damn the hit registration is bad online. I once 8 shot someone who was standing still :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

we need to get a beyond community for XBC so we can play real halo when we feel like it without having to mod a game that still has mechanics we dislike..

just look at my sig...watch it...memorize it...let it take over your mind...you too can enjoy such awesomeness...it's so easy...get a copy of ce and xbc and enjoy..

• Upvote (+1) 1

It gets more unplayable each time I go back and play it though. :\

I know it's a good game, but damn the hit registration is bad online. I once 8 shot someone who was standing still :kappa:

I love Halo 3, but online it could be so bad to play on at times.  Still, man I love that game, when Halo 3 was on damn that game really was on.

My next question for the American community, mainly for the guys who are going to go to AGL, is would you like to see some of these changes reflect in your own settings? (All purely hypothetical, personally I can't see it happen, I think you guys have a few to many road blocks stopping any change, but who knows, that could be the universal settings right there.)

**RZ / EU V1 SETTINGS CURRENT STATE**

So a few people have asked for a full up to date and current state of play layout of the settings we are making.

Here they are as requested.

MAP / GAME TYPES

CTF

Pitfall

Simplex

Skyline

Dispatch

TS

Abandon

Pitfall

Onyx - 'POSSIBLE' CHANGE OF MAP (ARK IN TEST)

Haven

Simplex - 'POSSIBLE' CHANGE OF MAP (ARK IN TEST)

EXT

Station 9 - CURRENTLY LOOKING TO REPLACE THIS WITH ONYX ODDBALL

Haven

NO RICOCHET

MAP / GAME MODS

No Sprint - Currently 99.99% Confirmed we will NOT be using sprint. Currently testing at 125% Movement, some are happy with that, some want 120%, we will update as soon as a decision is made.

Weapons

All Scattershots (Onyx, Simplex, Pitfall) have been replaced with Boltshots.

Railgun on Simplex removed.

Lightrifles removed on Station 9 and Onyx

Automatics that are still within the ruleset

Dispatch - Assault Rifle in place bottom middle

Onyx - Suppressor in place bottom gold

Simplex - Suppressor in place bottom gold

Snipers are one spare clip

Maps

Skyline CTF - Lifts to top middle blocked, plays incredible in my opinion, sticky detonator in place bottom middle.

Haven TS/EXT - Sniper Rifle is a pick-up (not ordnance), Railgun in place on mohawk.

Pitfall TS/CTF - Sniper Rifles are pick-up. Boltshot in sword room. 

Simplex  TS/CTF - Boltshot bottom middle.

Dispatch CTF - Sniper Rifles are pick-up, AR in place bottom middle.

Onyx TS - Boltshot in place bottom middle.

Abandon TS - Unchanged from V5 bar Sniper Rifle is now a pick-up and minor changes to some of the maps weaponry (Pistols, Needlers etc.) Boltshot in place of Scattershot.

Haven Extraction raised the extract time to sixty seconds, moved the extraction positions. Rotation = Top Middle, Bottom Red Lift, Bottom Blue Lift *repeat*

I take no credit for any of these settings, im just simply here to share them to you.

Ramirez (HS RAMIREZ) and PJ (PJMPIRE) are your gamertags to download from.

I was also confused by lightning flag.  Not sure why they would put that into MM but they would not give Ghost a NS gametype when he requested it.

Infection also had NS for a little while. Not sure what the problem is either.