Sign in to follow this  
ST Trick77

Europe v5.1 Settings [No Sprint]

Sad to see a great topic derail so much based on bashing ghost or v5 or w.e, true is that I dont like V5 and I hate sprint, but bashing Ghost( and w.e reasons he has to make v5 the way he did) isnt the way to go, he is a respected well know individual with tons of Halo knowledge( at least from his player side). That being  said, I'm very excited to see some NS Halo 4 action, EU guys, please...for the love of w.e Halo god you believe in, make it NS and you will see a lot of individuals from this see(among other sites) very happy to watch and support your events.

• Upvote (+1) 4

By the way, this was always my list for NS settings:

Slayer:

- Haven

- Abandon

- Onyx

- Pitfall

- Skyline

Flag:

- Pitfall 3

- Skyline 5

- Simplex 5

- Onyx/Adrift 5/3

Ext:

- Haven

- Abandon

120% Movement Speed

• Upvote (+1) 2

At this point NS settings are one of the only ways to make this game fun so go for it. I'm probably not going to even touch v5 so having better settings out there would be awesome.

I don't see any reason why the EU should keep sprint. The EU community has nothing to gain from keeping it. I understand that this will segregate the community more, but let's face it, the NA Halo competitive scene is very close to being dead. After AGL 10, there are no more scheduled events. With team passes selling at an all time low, there is a high chance that AGL drops Halo leaving no NA competitive scene. If that happens, there is no point in trying to unite the community when only the EU remains. 

Also, dev support doesn't matter to the EU. The EU competitive scene has never seen any noteworthy dev support. I understand that the NA scene is under 343's microscope, but the EU is free to use whatever settings they want with little to no consequences. Why make the game worse with the hope of dev support that they will probably never see?

I would definitely watch and support an EU NS tournament. Been meaning to watch one anyway. Heard that Simms is a really good caster and wanted to check it out.

• Upvote (+1) 5

**UPDATE**

Hi Guys, a few major updates too add to the list before the final EU v1.1/2 is released and confirmed. Station 9 is on the chopping board, plain and simple its shit and does not work with sprint so its going out. We are now in the process of looking at adding a KOTH or even an Oddball gametype. There was talk of KOTH been played on pit as it works, there is also talks of The Ark or Orion getting a look in as another extraction if KOTH or Ball isnt working out. Please see the current below changes/tests taking place. 1 - Oddball on Onyx, 2 - Heaven Extraction with new extractions to help with NS.

''Major Update

New version of Onyx on my fileshare now (nothing changed just compatible with Oddball)

Oddball on my fileshare now

PLEASE TEST THIS 

Onyx Oddball

A lot of hype surrounding this gametype and I genuinely think this map could be fucking HUGE in team vs team games.

Also

A test version of Haven has been released on my fileshare labelled RZ Haven EXT Test

Only thing that differs is the pattern of extractions

Please test this one and leave your feedback on what layout your prefer and why, it's appreciated''

These have all now been changed to 125% moment speed with No Sprint. Once the final 11 is final i will make a post to you guys with all 11 maps, settings and and map/game modifications map by map.

If you wish to test these please download form the following 2 Gamer Tags only (we want everyone to sing from the same hymn book here) -

Game and Map Types please download from - HS RAMIREZ

125% Mod we are using please download from - PJMPRIE

• Upvote (+1) 1

@Saucy, that is great and all. I agree with a lot of what you said. But honestly, Halo 4 is dead right now. Who cares if no sprint turns off a few people who are tuning into the stream. The number of people who tune in just for high level no sprint will outweigh that number. I know I probably won't watch it if they have sprint because I have never watched it, but I will watch with NS because I want to see how it plays at a high level. And lets be real here. No sprint is 10x funner to watch. Columbus v7 proved that. 

It is fine that AGL isn't doing it so that they can get dev support, but EU hasn't gotten any dev support anyway. Why should they care about dev support when they can run a tourney that has good gameplay and appeals to the fans?

In the end the question is: Do you make something for your fanbase, or do you make something to appeal to a company? 

EU is in a position where they can use modded gametypes. They can run a tourney based off of what is more competitive rather than what appeals to the masses. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm a believer in letting actions get points across.

If everyone left in H4 is playing modded no sprint, winner winner chicken dinner.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Salute to the EU guys for using NS. Smart move to try and get the best out of halo 4 instead of playing with sprint and the mediocrity it brings. Also, ppl..please stop using this mythical "dev support" as a reason to not play the type of halo we enjoy, we're not getting an official no sprint gametype so get to moddin' or keep crying about players sprinting away.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Salute to the EU guys for using NS. Smart move to try and get the best out of halo 4 instead of playing with sprint and the mediocrity it brings. Also, ppl..please stop using this mythical "dev support" as a reason to not play the type of halo we enjoy, we're not getting an official no sprint gametype so get to moddin' or keep crying about players sprinting away.

- Its not Mythical, its real.. lol.

- Im not saying they should not use No sprint, im saying they should be aware of the tradeoff (Devs wont support mods, against ToS) - However like Menotyou mentioned the EU scene has not received the same amount of support that the American scene has (imo) and I think we have all seen that.  So I can agree with the point of "what do they have to lose" - because it is in fact very valid.

NS Halo is what we all want, I just wish we had an official gametype.  And sadly I do agree with you Akademik that we will probably never see a NS gametype that isnt a mod.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Use the oddball gametype where you can't throw the ball. ;)

If they are using modded settings, they may as well. Maybe replace Haven Ext with it and add Ark Ext in place of one of the CTFs?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they are using modded settings, they may as well. Maybe replace Haven Ext with it and add Ark Ext in place of one of the CTFs?

You think abandon oddball would work?

You think abandon oddball would work?

No

Oddball is good on maps that have a flow to them. Abandon's flow is very stagnant and centralized. Lockout on the other hand has several common attack paths. Even though the map could be standoffs in slayer, the inherent design of it allowed ball rotation, especially with playball factored in. Abandon has too much stuff flow through the center. Oddball would be okay, but we have better maps. (Having played no-throw oddball on abandon before)

As per the update we are current testing a new format of Haven Ext with different Ext locations. Onyx Odball is also now in testing mode to replace S9 Ext.

Other possible ideas that are floating about are Pit KOTH, and either Ark OR Orion in some form but they are just Rhumors.

We need something to swap S9 which is strongly looking like Onyx Ball leaving Haven as the only Ext map, but i would swap S9 Ext for Onyx ball any day with or without sprint.

I will keep you all posted, this ruleset should be solid/complete and done within the next 2 weeks so we have a solid 11 map playlist for our major H4 Lan event in december. (Which I hope we see at least 1 US pro team attend) NS is still not 100% confirmed but the support has been incredible so I can almost certainly garuntee its going to happen.

Thanks guys. Simms

• Upvote (+1) 3

Im pretty excited for Onyx Oddball, that could be one of the best game types Halo 4 has to offer with these no sprint settings.

No

Oddball is good on maps that have a flow to them. Abandon's flow is very stagnant and centralized. Lockout on the other hand has several common attack paths. Even though the map could be standoffs in slayer, the inherent design of it allowed ball rotation, especially with playball factored in. Abandon has too much stuff flow through the center. Oddball would be okay, but we have better maps. (Having played no-throw oddball on abandon before)

I can see your reasoning. 

Im pretty excited for Onyx Oddball, that could be one of the best game types Halo 4 has to offer with these no sprint settings.

Are you going to be able to throw it?

I can see your reasoning. 

Are you going to be able to throw it?

No you won't be able to throw the ball anymore, but you will be able to ball juggle it like on Halo 3.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No you won't be able to throw the ball anymore, but you will be able to ball juggle it like on Halo 3.

Onyx will be interesting where does ball spawn?

The EU competitive scene has never seen any noteworthy dev support.

They did get that tournament to advance to the H4GC. But I still agree with ya

Another pro to the EU using NS settings is that it could give Ghost a bargaining chip with 343i for an official gametype. If the EU scene gets bigger with NS, then Ghost can go to 343 and say "look at how much the EU streams/event attendance have grown. Having a NS game type would help us grow too".

• Upvote (+1) 4

Gametype suggestions:

Orion KotH or TS

Pitfall KotH

Skyline Oddball

There's also a modded assault gametype - maybe Onyx or Skyline bomb?