Sign in to follow this  
ST Trick77

Europe v5.1 Settings [No Sprint]

You should always show people a certain amount of respect.

Bro, it's the internet...  I'm pretty sure it's against interweb law to not be a sociopath.  

I believe that is worth to respect and work together with 343 until they do something that offends us really bad in H5.

The Spanish community is clear that is not worth to complain everyday to the devs in a game where changes like that are not worth it. In before I get neg repd, I believe is better to wait for H5 and then take decisions. Idk why people hate me for saying that is better 343 taking their time and use their time for the next game.

If the Red X took months (and it was because its coding and not simple for not screwing anything in the game) why would be better to waste time on descope and stuff like that here while they can spend their time in the next game?

I'm faithful with 343. If they do the same mistakes well that's it for the franchise.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

snip

No one expects them to do massive changes to the code and bring in descope and other large changes. The thing with no sprint is that it's 1. Been done by modders and the change is ridiculously simple and 2. No sprint is already in matchmaking in Lightning Flag and Flood. 

There is no real "resource based" reason for us to not have an official NS gametype.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should always show people a certain amount of respect.

and how does giving as little as possible respect translate into making decisions to please the developers? that's sucking up.

• Downvote (-1) 1

and how does giving as little as possible respect translate into making decisions to please the developers? that's sucking up.

Being nice to someone isn't sucking up.

THANK GOD you decided to highly consider no sprint. Maybe you'll show people the light.

To the people who don't like it: when will you realize that trying to appeal to both sides (casual&competitive) kills the competitive community?

I would encourage EVERYONE to play NS if it ends up going through. With the short life span that halo4 has might as well spend it playing good settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Being nice to someone isn't sucking up.

acting nice and making decisions to please a person or company/business when all they do is treat you like dirt is sucking up.

you can be nice and respectful but that doesn't mean you should be trying to please them.

If the Red X took months (and it was because its coding and not simple for not screwing anything in the game) why would be better to waste time on descope and stuff like that here while they can spend their time in the next game?

But modders can in there words easily implement a No Sprint code into the game with out breaking any of the games mechanics, this shouldn't really be an excuse to argue for, if modders can do it surely 343 would have no problem

To the people who don't like it: when will you realize that trying to appeal to both sides (casual&competitive) kills the competitive community?

I do agree, in a none arrogant way I hope this is a lesson for us to learn from, we should just stick with what works best for us as the competitive community.

• Upvote (+1) 2

But modders can in there words easily implement a No Sprint code into the game with out breaking any of the games mechanics, this shouldn't really be an excuse to argue for, if modders can do it surely 343 would have no problem

there is no excuse, one is litterally going in, changing one value, re-compile the gametype and stick it on a fileshare. the other is going through and changing code requiring a TU, because you're changing code it has to be tested extensively for quality control before the update can be released.

acting nice and making decisions to please a person or company/business when all they do is treat you like dirt is sucking up.

you can be nice and respectful but that doesn't mean you should be trying to please them.

Ghost makes settings for the competitive community, not to suck up to 343 or a job. If NS was available I'm sure it would be implemented into settings.

You may want to watch this if it helps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtxrMWZfFIQ

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ghost makes settings for the competitive community, not to suck up to 343 or a job. If NS was available I'm sure it would be implemented into settings.

ricochet

pit

vertigo

mostly dev maps when there are much better forge maps available

and, one of the reasons behind the decision to use these is to please the developers. in the end a lot of competitive options available have been sacrificed to please the developers so that ghost and can push for a job at 343i.

ricochet

pit

vertigo

mostly dev maps when there are much better forge maps available

and, one of the reasons behind the decision to use these is to please the developers. in the end a lot of competitive options available have been sacrificed to please the developers so that ghost and can push for a job at 343i.

What about Skyline? was that just for developer support? Come on dude it's just a easy cop out for people that disagree with the settings. It's fine to have different settings but don't go around bashing Ghost and saying he's only doing it for a job after all the work he's put in this year.

What about Skyline? was that just for developer support? Come on dude it's just a easy cop out for people that disagree with the settings. It's fine to have different settings but don't go around bashing Ghost and saying he's only doing it for a job after all the work he's put in this year.

"mostly dev maps", i wouldn't be saying it at all if ghost hadn't been saying previously that he has to make the developers happy.

"mostly dev maps", i wouldn't be saying it at all if ghost hadn't been saying previously that he has to make the developers happy.

Ghost makes decisions on what he feels is best for the competitive community not to please 343. Halo 4 didn't have very good disc maps hence why we use Pitfall, Skyline, Forge Island, and Vertigo. Not sure how much more clear I can be.

Ghost makes decisions on what he feels is best for the competitive community not to please 343. Halo 4 didn't have very good disc maps hence why we use Pitfall, Skyline, Forge Island, and Vertigo. Not sure how much more clear I can be.

the community has made better maps that are available, these maps would be better for the competitive community and the competitive community will accept them without batting an eyelid if ghost were to say salot made them.

we've had pit remakes floating around for ages yet they were never used. as soon as 343i comes out with pitfall it goes into the settings immediately. no other reason for choosing a DLC map that you have to pay for over a free version that has more flexibiliy other then because it was made by developers.

vertigo, according to TTD advisers was chosen because the community wanted an asym slayer gametype, how ever this map was chosen specifically over the much much much better forge maps that the community was asking for because the developers made it.

ricochet, chosen because the developers stated that it was made with competitive players in mind making it competitive, considering the very very short time period from its release to v5 means there wasn't any adequate testing done to decide whether or not its a good competitive gametype and because most of the community was against it pretty much symbolizes that it was picked to make developers happy.

you can't have staff, TTD advisers and ghost going around saying that they make some decisions to make developers happy and then say yourself that this has never been the case and that all the decisions were done for the community. if it was for the community would be seeing a lot more drastic changes and a lot less dev maps but this isn't the case.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't do any testing but the Pit remakes I played, played nothing like Pitfall. Pitfall is one of the best maps in Halo 4 and is great for competitive play. Did MLG "suck off" Bungie once Heretic (Midship for Halo 3) came out and it was implemented? No, it was just a good remake just like Pitfall is, that's why it's in v5.

Ricochet a good gametype, it sucks that Halo 4 has a lot of broken gametypes so I can understand why he put it in to fill that void from the lack of OBJ in Halo 4.

I've only played Vertigo vanilla like 2 times so I can't really comment on that.

Trust me, there are reasons why Ghost did the things he did, it isn't for a paycheck or a future job. He loves this community and wants best for it. It sucks that you assume all his handwork as things that they aren't. Ghost and I used to feud a lot btw, so this isn't coming from someone that's been on Ghost side since he got the gig of gametypes.

Again, this argument has nothing to do with the European settings, please refrain from bashing Ghost (or really anyone) from this point. Open warning to all. Let's get this thread back to discussing the EU settings.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Although I wouldn't be able to participate in any European events, I would stand by no sprint 100% and if any tournaments were broadcast ed I would tune in to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if that respect is undeserved, and only given because they have something to gain from it?  

Pfft kids... #EnoughSaid

• Downvote (-1) 3

Bro, it's the internet...  I'm pretty sure it's against interweb law to not be a sociopath.  

I die on the inside every time I read a comment like this.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Level of ******ation: 

• Downvote (-1) 3

No Sprint is 99% confirmed as our settings :) it is ridiculously fun and about 1,000% better!

• Upvote (+1) 3

No Sprint is 99% confirmed as our settings :) it is ridiculously fun and about 1,000% better!

Fair warning. Whoever is modding your settings, make sure they know what they are doing. Took me an eternity to get good NS settings sorted out earlier when the Beyond crew was sharing them.

Make sure they mod the NS value from the V4/5 gametypes so you have functioning 3 minute timers and Turbo settings.

Ditch BR starts. Give us the option to choose between all rifles, or force carbine/LR/DMR starts. Anything is better than BR starts- I will for sure watch tournament streams if BR starts aren't enforced.

• Upvote (+1) 7