Sign in to follow this  
ST Trick77

Europe v5.1 Settings [No Sprint]

The reason people say things like "I know Beyond likes the position it is in right now" is because of the 100% about face Team Beyond pulled.  You of all people might have kept it a little too real during some of the video discussions, and now you act like a 343 spokesman.  It's clear Team Beyond has an agenda of making 343 happy, and honestly I can't blame you.  343 has a lot to offer you guys, and

apparently you have to "play ball" to get it.  It's so disingenuous though.  I'm not saying what you're doing is necessarily wrong, or to even stop doing it, but let's not pretend that 343 deserves our admiration or respect.

So then the community has to make a choice - is it worth throwing away dev support to use modded gametypes that would probably play better?  Obviously the EU community is in a different situation than the US community is, due to sheer size & tournament popularity.

So then the community has to make a choice - is it worth throwing away dev support to use modded gametypes that would probably play better? Obliviously the EU community is in a different situation than the US community is due to sheer size tournament popularity.

dev support where they won't really help us but force there own agenda upon us? sure, its worth ditching dev support for a real competitive environment.

^ Both posts above. At this point in Halo, most people would rather have a good game than dev support which isn't even supporting anything inside the game. Tournaments are awesome but why should he devs be upset if we use different settings?

I'm pretty sure there was a point where we couldn't even talk about no sprint and the v5 thread had to be locked. Kind of hard to push through "proper channels" when the main competitive forum made discussing it harder then it needed to be. Besides, we had that huge poll on waypoint with thousands of votes and a good 70% of people wanted sprint gone, on a mainly casual site. That did nothing to get a simple no sprint gametype, 343 had no problem releasing NS lightning flag though. 343 is not giving us a no sprint gametype because they don't want to, they are probably putting sprint in halo 5 and theres no much that we can do about that.

We felt that it took away from settings thread since Ghost already explained he tried to get the settings. We even had this thread dedicated to the discussion of no-sprint - http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/1178-halo-4-and-sprint/?hl=sprint

• Upvote (+1) 1

We can have all the dev support we want but it doesn't change the fact that H4 is a bad game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dev support will follow whatever makes their game more popular. (At least i think they would) No reason not to try no sprint.

Props to the Euro leagues for taking the risk.  I look forward to watching a NS tourney sometime soon.

The US leagues can support sprint to maintain developer support, but I don't see how it'd hurt to have someone else representing what the players really want and seeing how it works out.

We felt that it took away from settings thread since Ghost already explained he tried to get the settings. We even had this thread dedicated to the discussion of no-sprint - http://teambeyond.net/forum/index.php?/topic/1178-halo-4-and-sprint/?hl=sprint

at the tiem you banned all discussion of no-sprint because it wasn't happening so it wasn't worth talking about, locked new topics that were started around NS and went as fare as banning people who were persistent enough to keep discussing it.

its very hard to actually do anything here because when it starts to get big you guys jump in the block it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So then the community has to make a choice - is it worth throwing away dev support to use modded gametypes that would probably play better?  Obviously the EU community is in a different situation than the US community is due to sheer size & tournament popularity.

Yes, it's worth it.  What good is dev support for a game that nobody plays because it's not fun?  Honestly, we need new settings at this point.  I have never once criticized Ghost, or even his settings, but he's made far too many concessions because of what he thinks 343/casuals might want.  I understand what he was trying to do, but it didn't work, and v5 only made this worse with the addition of Ricochet.  Ghost is obviously fishing for a job so we can't depend on him to make the best settings happen.  He has to work inside the box 343 has handed him, and that box is far too small and limited to make anything that resembles traditional Halo.  He's made the best of the situation, but he doesn't have the tools required for the job.  I hope he does end up getting a job though.

The only thing left to do is make the best of this dead game, and NS is the way to do that.  It made a massive difference in the playability of Reach.  If we could get a couple really good forge maps designed for NS I might be able to play Halo without regretting it every time.    

• Upvote (+1) 4

If anyone wishes to watch the live debate we had on "No Sprint", you can do so below:

at the tiem you banned all discussion of no-sprint because it wasn't happening so it wasn't worth talking about, locked new topics that were started around NS and went as fare as banning people who were persistent enough to keep discussing it.

its very hard to actually do anything here because when it starts to get big you guys jump in the block it.

It's like any topic, we aren't going to have 10 topics when there's a main topic dedicated to it. There's a no sprint thread and we even have this thread discussing the European settings.

It's really about time we go the same route as the EU guys...

The game is dead, The support from the developer is no longer there. All their resources have been moved onto other projects. The only support we will see for the rest of Halo 4's life is playlist updates. It's time we give up on supporting them and the casual players on the game and just use the best possible settings to make our game as competitive and alive as we can. We need NS, We need modded gametypes if we want this game to last till halo 5...

The Eu guys are doing it right.

• Upvote (+1) 7

It's really about time we go the same route as the EU guys...

The game is dead, The support from the developer is no longer there. All their resources have been moved onto other projects. The only support we will see for the rest of Halo 4's life is playlist updates. It's time we give up on supporting them and the casual players on the game and just use the best possible settings to make our game as competitive and alive as we can. We need NS, We need modded gametypes if we want this game to last till halo 5...

The Eu guys are doing it right.

They were doing it right when they were playing 4SK settings back in the day, and even then people were pressuring them to use Ghost's settings. 

They were doing it right when they were playing 4SK settings back in the day, and even then people were pressuring them to use Ghost's settings. 

Because we had all the Dev support, They gave us weapon updates based on our ideas, They built us more small "Competitive style" maps, They gave us a playlist. Them not using our settings was just a pointless split of communities.

Now the games dead, Support is essentially gone, Theres no reason for any of us to continue to build our settings with the constraints of supporting the devs, And not use the best settings to unify our communities. Modded or not.

@Saucey,

If the massive freakout people had when they thought that Ghost wasn't giving us NS settings offered by 343, the huge thread here, the massive poll on Waypoint, Ghost asking 343 for NS, and people complaining about sprint since launch in general isn't enough, what's the next step? How can we get an official gametype?

The problem I also have is that there seems to be an attitude around here which is "well we tried but they wouldn't give it to us, so fuck it let's just drop our pants and take it". That way is never actually going to get us no sprint. There has to be a certain point where people just say "ok, we tried getting an official gametype from 343. We did everything we could. Now its time to use modded settings". This at least sends a really clear message that we aren't going to lie down and play the version of Halo 343 wants us to. We're going to play the Halo we enjoy. It's not childish- its just trying to enjoy Halo again. 

You know what REALLY worries me though? 343s refusal to give Ghost NS settings for TTD is the clearest possible indicator that their attitude towards sprint is: "It's going to be in Halo from now on. Deal with it".

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who cares what settings anyone use? The game is dead.

This. After AGL 10 theres no tournaments. I don't see why everyone is hating on v5 so much, its only going to be at one tournament

Because we had all the Dev support, They gave us weapon updates based on our ideas, They built us more small "Competitive style" maps, They gave us a playlist. Them not using our settings was just a pointless split of communities.

Now the games dead, Support is essentially gone, Theres no reason for any of us to continue to build our settings with the constraints of supporting the devs, And not use the best settings to unify our communities. Modded or not.

the only change that was done based on competitive feedback was 2sk melee instead of 3sk melee, everything else was done based on feedback from the whole community, this includes casuals and the morons. the maps weren't created for the competitive community or because the competitive community wanted them, in fact these maps were in the works before H4 even shipped so they were designed and created for everyone.

all ghost got was a playlist, a playlist that makes no difference to people who actually attend tournaments because all the practice is done by scrimming in customs, so the playlist is solely there provide a competitive experience for the community.

so, it really wasn't a pointless split of the community at the time, one side wanted to suck up to devs in return for nothing, the other wanted to provide the best competitive settings they could for the people that attend there tournaments.

Just because people don't bash 343i over and over doesn't mean it's sucking up, certain people have a certain level of respect for others.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

EXT

Station 9

Haven

My only concern with this is how station 9 plays without sprint. Perhaps replacing station 9 ext with the ark ext would be better.

My only concern with this is how station 9 plays without sprint. Perhaps replacing station 9 ext with the ark ext would be better.

At this point station 9 is our only worry, don't worry within a couple days that should change.

Just because people don't bash 343i over and over doesn't mean it's sucking up, certain people have a certain level of respect for others.

What if that respect is undeserved, and only given because they have something to gain from it?  

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would definitely bring in skyline TS tho. That map plays better than any other map NS, like it was made for it. Prob drop like simplex for skyline, since you have onyx and of the TS maps onyx and simplex are the most similar IMO.

What if that respect is undeserved, and only given because they have something to gain from it?

You should always show people a certain amount of respect.