Sign in to follow this  
ST Trick77

Europe v5.1 Settings [No Sprint]

What the hell are you talking about.

Reign Revolution and CML developed no sprint settings. I have been involved in the creation and testing of these settings since the onset. They got popular. A Beyond staff member requested access to the NS lobby. This staff member proceeded to take the settings, change the creator tag, rename the settings, and claim them as the official NS settings. These hijacked settings were then tested with Beyond members and streamed. 

If you are really interested in who it was Cyren, PM me.

What the hell are you talking about.

When you guys worshipped the descope mod guy. Not that I care, I support classic Halo.

PM sent.

When you guys worshipped the descope mod guy

You mean the entire site? The descope mod brought more people to the site than Halo 5 E3 news.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You mean the entire site? The descope mod brought more people to the site than Halo 5 E3 news.

Yeah I agree it was a good thing, I am just trying to clear up whatever that guy was trying to say

Reign Revolution and CML developed no sprint settings. I have been involved in the creation and testing of these settings since the onset. They got popular. A Beyond staff member requested access to the NS lobby. This staff member proceeded to take the settings, change the creator tag, rename the settings, and claim them as the official NS settings. These hijacked settings were then tested with Beyond members and streamed. 

If you are really interested in who it was Cyren, PM me.

I know saucey streamed ns settings and called it v5 testing but that was a joke. If this is a different time than nvm.

i will argue that NS settings are 10x better than ghosts settings by far. No offense to him or anyone who supports his settings, just pointing out the facts here. If 343 isnt giving us dev support because we use mods then i see no reason that we have to have dev support because their game is dead. simple as that. if they wont give us a no sprint gametype even if their game is dead than halo is done by far.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Regardless of the off shoot from previous NS testing, we're hopefully going to make the jump. We'll still support you and we hope you will us.

In terms of our organisation we have an EU team that just came 3rd in France and obviously Reign Ambush. 

As a past player in EU as recent as March i'm really hopeful that AGL sorts themselves out with the money issues and 343 announces the 4vs4 that has been speculated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think we can all agree that NS is better than sprint. So what is some staff here were playing NS at one point? They think it is more valuable to play with sprint and try to get developer support. 343i doesn't want to give us No sprint so that ship has sailed. With no official NS gametype, I think we should just deal with the v5 settings for 1 event and then Halo will officially be dead. We can move on and even try to make v6 if v5 really flops. 

Hello Beyond,

Over in Europe we are looking at making our own settings once again, and IF we do we are looking at removing sprint and bringing back a more classic Halo.  What I want to know is what you guys think of it?  Would you want no sprint back, and if we do would it make you guys more likely to watch a European event?

Let me know guys, cheers!

I'd watch, just make sure you let us know in advance when the tournament will take place and link the stream.

Cheers,

• Upvote (+1) 2

I thought No sprint played okay but at this point do you guys want to play mods, or do you want dev support?  

Ghost has asked for a NS gametype and didn't receive one - must be a reason behind it

(they are busy with the next title? or they simply did not want to do it)

The European scene is already pretty segregated from the American side and I think we can all agree on that.  Using No sprint (while it may pull a few more viewers)  May actually end up hurting you in the long run seeing as I highly doubt 343/Waypoint would support by blasting out the stream, etc.  It sucks but The American and EU side needs Dev support while Halo is in a slump / everyone is switching to other titles. 

Just my opinion - I really do like how NS plays once again, but you need an official gametype imo.

I think the 343 dev support hasn't brought us anywhere positive yet. I don't get the ordeal of supporting an organization which has destroyed our way of life that was once "Halo".

Europeans, I fully support your decision to go with NS, 343 hasn't thrown much support anyways so what do you have to lose?

• Upvote (+1) 1

And the best way to get dev support is to start using modded gametypes?

Nope. 

Beyond staff have a massive conflict of interest when it comes to developer support now a days it seems.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not debating that. I'm just saying, if you ever want a chance at dev support, using modded gametypes isn't the way to go. 

A fair point- but even if they used V5 their chances of getting dev support would still be extremely low, safer to gain community support by going with NS in my opinion.

From my perspective, the only reason sprint is in V5 is because AGL gets dev support by 343 promoting their tournaments, Europe isn't going to get that dev support at all and should focus on gaining community support instead. 

They have a responsibility to please us, not the other way around.  

Your whole post is SO spot on.  I wish I could give more than 1 plus rep.

It boggles my mind to see anyone suggest that the customer should try to please the manufacturer.  It's absolutely the other way around.  If 343/Microsoft wants any chance of getting my money for Halo 5, they need to start supporting the type of game I want to play.

This thread is comical.  I streamed NS settings months ago for a few hours to try them out for personal reasons - no where did I label them as "official testing" because Ghost handles all of that.. as everyone knows.

A lot of people in this thread are really looking at this the wrong way. I keep seeing phrases like " I know Beyond likes the position it is in right now " and things along those lines and it really baffles me.  I have had personal conversations with 343 devs online, and in person where I have kept it 100 percent real and told them what is broken with their game, & that Halo 4 is my least favorite Halo to date (because of said reasons).  But I can at least recognize that they are at least attempting to give us some of the things we want - at which point I stop being an asshole about it, and instead try to keep nudging them in the right direction.  

So do not think for one second, that everyone here at Beyond isn't going to bat for the competitive community, because we are.

You want me to get real for a second? Sprint is terrible for Halo.  I hated it in Reach, I Hate it in Halo 4.  It is a get out of jail free card that gives sub par players a chance to reverse the dumb position that they put themselves into.  That isn't what Halo is about - and I really dislike that Halo has become a watered down super noob friendly game now, because frankly every other Halo game wasn't like that and no one seemed to have an issue with it.  I have been playing Halo 3 everyday for the past week and it truly blows my mind how much harder it is to be good at that game than Halo 4.  I can get on Halo 4 after not playing for weeks and still dominate noobs - I hop on Halo 3 and it is a different story.. I actually have to "Warm up" and try in the MLG playlist or I will get murdered.  You have to actually work to win a BR battle across the map (descope), and you get an awesome feeling when you do, Something I have never experienced while playing H4.

Playing no sprint mods was the most fun I have had on Halo 4 to date.  It gave me that classic Halo feel where I actually had to THINK about what I was doing / how I was moving around the map, and I loved every second of it .. but it would solve 99% of the problems if we had an official gametype.  Because to keep it simple, Modding is against Microsoft's ToS - they will not support it..which is not good for us, despite what some community members here think.  The developer having our back has helped us tremendously - They have given AGL help ranging from Discs to DLC maps, the Live tweets, and have actually shown up in person to AGL events (Bravo, Josh Menke)... it really does matter and has made an impact on the competitive scene.

If No sprint is what the majority of the community wants then we have to make a strong united push for it, not a half assed attempt where we all present ourselves like children lashing out at the developer.  It has to be organized, official, and pushed through the proper channels if we want to see some progress.  (Something like a poll thread / something that gives a clear united indication of what we want)  

The competitive Halo community (& Halo as a whole) is obviously in a slump / going through a roller coaster ride right now.  It is crucial that US & EU settings are the same so players from both sides of the pond can tune into tournaments and instantly know what is going on.  Instead of watching some map or gametype that they are not used to seeing.  Being split does nothing but bring everything down, so whether it be v5 or NS settings... it needs to be the same across the board or we will continue to see crap like this happen. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Realistically after AGL 10, competitive Halo will be dead. And there is nothing v5 and Ricochet can do about it.

So what is the harm is the EU community testing no sprint settings. Maybe it will give a spark of life back into an otherwise lifeless community.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This thread is comical.  I streamed NS settings months ago for a few hours to try them out for personal reasons - no where did I label them as "official testing" because Ghost handles all of that.. as everyone knows.

A lot of people in this thread are really looking at this the wrong way. I keep seeing phrases like " I know Beyond likes the position it is in right now " and things along those lines and it really baffles me.  I have had personal conversations with 343 devs online, and in person where I have kept it 100 percent real and told them what is broken with their game, & that Halo 4 is my least favorite Halo to date (because of said reasons).  But I can at least recognize that they are at least attempting to give us some of the things we want - at which point I stop being an asshole about it, and instead try to keep nudging them in the right direction.  

So do not think for one second, that everyone here at Beyond isn't going to bat for the competitive community, because we are.

You want me to get real for a second? Sprint is terrible for Halo.  I hated it in Reach, I Hate it in Halo 4.  It is a get out of jail free card that gives sub par players a chance to reverse the dumb position that they put themselves into.  That isn't what Halo is about - and I really dislike that Halo has become a watered down super noob friendly game now, because frankly every other Halo game wasn't like that and no one seemed to have an issue with it.  I have been playing Halo 3 everyday for the past week and it truly blows my mind how much harder it is to be good at that game than Halo 4.  I can get on Halo 4 after not playing for weeks and still dominate noobs - I hop on Halo 3 and it is a different story.. I actually have to "Warm up" and try in the MLG playlist or I will get murdered.  You have to actually work to win a BR battle across the map (descope), and you get an awesome feeling when you do, Something I have never experienced while playing H4.

Playing no sprint mods was the most fun I have had on Halo 4 to date.  It gave me that classic Halo feel where I actually had to THINK about what I was doing / how I was moving around the map, and I loved every second of it .. but it would solve 99% of the problems if we had an official gametype.  Because to keep it simple, Modding is against Microsoft's ToS - they will not support it..which is not good for us, despite what some community members here think.  The developer having our back has helped us tremendously - They have given AGL help ranging from Discs to DLC maps, the Live tweets, and have actually shown up in person to AGL events (Bravo, Josh Menke)... it really does matter and has made an impact on the competitive scene.

If No sprint is what the majority of the community wants then we have to make a strong united push for it, not a half assed attempt where we all present ourselves like children lashing out at the developer.  It has to be organized, official, and pushed through the proper channels if we want to see some progress.  (Something like a poll thread / something that gives a clear united indication of what we want)  

The competitive Halo community (& Halo as a whole) is obviously in a slump / going through a roller coaster ride right now.  It is crucial that US & EU settings are the same so players from both sides of the pond can tune into tournaments and instantly know what is going on.  Instead of watching some map or gametype that they are not used to seeing.  Being split does nothing but bring everything down, so whether it be v5 or NS settings... it needs to be the same across the board or we will continue to see crap like this happen. 

I agree. I think that an official thread should be created asking for a no sprint gametype on the actual waypoint forums, then we can all go over and vote. It doesn't have to be on the waypoint forums, but I think it would have a greater effect.

At this point in Halo, Halo is awful. Changing settings isn't going to hurt anyone because the only people watching Halo streams are hardcore players. Sure, maybe the 10 casual people that scroll down Twitch and stumble upon Halo among the other random games will be confused as to why the settings are different, but it will make the game more enjoyable to watch for those who still care.

I agree. I think that an official thread should be created asking for a no sprint gametype on the actual waypoint forums, then we can all go over and vote. It doesn't have to be on the waypoint forums, but I think it would have a greater effect.

Ghostayame made "No Sprint" polls on just about every relevant "Halo" forum and we saw how that turned out.

I'm honestly surprised that this is still a discussion that we're split on. Didn't EU's major gaming league drop Halo 4 anyway? They already only had sub 20 teams showing up and we're looking at a game that isn't shaping out to have much of a future past November. That's not even being a Negative Nancy, that's "being real". I think gunning for developer support at this point is a waste of time. If you're in that situation, play the settings that the people involved find the most fun.