Sign in to follow this  
ST Trick77

Europe v5.1 Settings [No Sprint]

Is there a way someone can DM a link to how to get those NS gametypes? I am having a Halo 3 LAN and am unfortunately going to be playing some Halo 4 there too and would like to play NS if I have the option!

Thanks!

Fileshare: HS Ramirez

If AGL choose Halo 3 then they're the real winners here.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fileshare: HS Ramirez

If AGL chose Halo 3 then they're the real winners here.

We are all losing if we have to play old titles because the current gen one isnt up to standards. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

We are all losing if we have to play old titles because the current gen one isnt up to standards.

Super Smash Bros. Melee would have to disagree.

• Upvote (+1) 3

wouldn't we loose dev support if we used older title at tournaments?

343 will show us if we should care about Dev support with Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah one event where an old game did very well aka an (outlier) in the equation.  What I am saying is - its a shame we have to revert to older titles because the newer ones are so watered & stripped down.

Also I dont see why they wouldnt offer "support" aka tournament advertising because we aren't using modded settings or breaking any major rules.  Just using a different Halo title, which is perfectly fine. I guess we will see though, Halo 3 isnt officially picked up but I would guess its what AGL10 will be hosting.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Yeah one event where an old game did very well aka an (outlier) in the equation.  What I am saying is - its a shame we have to revert to older titles because the newer ones are so watered & stripped down.

Also I dont see why they wouldnt offer "support" aka tournament advertising because we aren't using modded settings or breaking any major rules.  Just using a different Halo title, which is perfectly fine. I guess we will see though, Halo 3 isnt officially picked up but I would guess its what AGL10 will be hosting.

Counter Strike 1.6 and Quake 3 are still played at tournaments.

• Upvote (+1) 2

wouldn't we loose dev support if we used older title at tournaments?

MS/343 would support Halo 3 since it's free by the company themselves and 343 is working on the game right now too. I can't see them supporting the mods (not that they are against what they do) but just the ToS.

Counter Strike 1.6 and Quake 3 are still played at tournaments.

Do they pull 150k viewers? (smash bros = outlier)

Smash also had a lot of hype too with the "banning" by Nintendo, I don't even watch Smash but I tuned in since Nintendo was stupid for trying to actually ban them from streaming it.

Do they pull 150k viewers? (smash bros = outlier)

I don't remember. Do any Halo games?

To actually answer your question, I have another example.

Starcraft is still televised in Korea.

To actually answer your question, I have another example.

Starcraft is still televised in Korea.

SC1 and SC2. 

I dont even know how is that possible.

MS/343 would support Halo 3 since it's free by the company themselves and 343 is working on the game right now too. I can't see them supporting the mods (not that they are against what they do) but just the ToS.

That's true, I'm sure they would still support us if we used Halo 3, but not so much if we used Modded gametypes

If you do not understand why developer support is important, take a look at call of duty, LoL, SC, etc.

They are not listening? Sure on some things they aren't I can agree with that, but you cant ignore the 4 shot BR update, 2 shot beatdown, Halo 4 $200,000 Global Championship, etc.

Delhoyo is a designer, so yes he would have an impact. lol.

BSAngel is the community manager, so no she would not I dont think.

Bravo is on the sustain team I believe? So I am not sure he would either.

Yes I have read the story about the Tester - the main point that I took away from the article was that he put in a lot of hours and was not kept on board as an official employee, and he was upset about it.

Cursed Lemon made a post relaying his personal opinion - and at the end went a little bit too far and violated the rules.  Other than that small tidbit the post was fine and within the rules, has nothing to do with "Accepting the truth" ... lol. 

This Call of Duty guys are BIG. This guys are basicly used for marketing. They got invited to play Ghosts, making gameplays etc etc. And that Fanbase is much bigger for them. Look at NadeShot ;) All the big Halo Guys are gone. 

And kids like Greenskull are more embarassing for the Halo Community than helpful.

Like i said, i bet my balls on that 343 wont look at all the Feedback at all. Basic Gameplay and features are probably already set in stone, they have to.

Quinn maybe will have some impact, but why are guys ignoring Gears Judgement... That was Quinns shit. Keep your expectations in check and dont be dissapointed if Halo5 is balls again.

Oh i forget Neighbour, people started to have high hopes again because of him. But why lol? He is a Q/A Tester he can be used for Campaign or simply UI testing lol No Impact at all.

I have the BIG feeling that Halo5 will be even more worse than 4. And only 2 Years of Dev time wont help either. 60fps and Dedicated Servers maybe will be nice. But at first they have to get all that fucked up Halo fans back after Halo4.

I hope that they will do a Public Beta this time. There is no excuse for not have one. They really need a beta this time for testing the new netcode for dedicated Servers, they cant ignore the public now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo 4 will be 20th, because people need their "Infinity" fix.

They do?  :gandhi:

I think No Sprint should be adopted for v5. two of the arguements agains no sprint are :

1) we will loose dev support

2) default maps are too big for no sprint.

I compltely disagree with point 2. Increase base speed and the maps play just fine.

And as far as dev support goes I don't see how playing no sprint will make us loose dev support. I think 343 will support us. They support people who play wacky gametypes that are made up.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This Call of Duty guys are BIG. This guys are basicly used for marketing. They got invited to play Ghosts, making gameplays etc etc. And that Fanbase is much bigger for them. Look at NadeShot ;) All the big Halo Guys are gone. 

And kids like Greenskull are more embarassing for the Halo Community than helpful.

Like i said, i bet my balls on that 343 wont look at all the Feedback at all. Basic Gameplay and features are probably already set in stone, they have to.

Quinn maybe will have some impact, but why are guys ignoring Gears Judgement... That was Quinns shit. Keep your expectations in check and dont be dissapointed if Halo5 is balls again.

Oh i forget Neighbour, people started to have high hopes again because of him. But why lol? He is a Q/A Tester he can be used for Campaign or simply UI testing lol No Impact at all.

I have the BIG feeling that Halo5 will be even more worse than 4. And only 2 Years of Dev time wont help either. 60fps and Dedicated Servers maybe will be nice. But at first they have to get all that fucked up Halo fans back after Halo4.

I hope that they will do a Public Beta this time. There is no excuse for not have one. They really need a beta this time for testing the new netcode for dedicated Servers, they cant ignore the public now.

Quinn worked on Gears 3, not judgement. He brought spec mode to 3

• Downvote (-1) 1

Quinn worked on Gears 3, not judgement. He brought spec mode to 3

Quinn did work on Judgment.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This.

Melee only hit 130k viewers because of Evo hype. Regular Melee tournaments only get around 2k-5k viewers. Actually, a lot of pros stopped seriously practicing for Melee tournaments a long time ago. Most only try for Evo and Apex.

• Upvote (+1) 1