Sign in to follow this  
ST Trick77

Europe v5.1 Settings [No Sprint]

Funny you say that "It just feels kinda of weird to throw out the support we have for tourneys people already bash". Who started bashing AGL for not paying up? I wont answer this.. We all know the answer but whatever man.

You really think playing Halo 3 will make a much more impact then demanding AGL to support and adopt EU settings? You must be kidding yourselves!

" titles coming out Halo 4 is pretty much done in the coming month(s)" Nice! Show how much support/faith you have! Don't call it "Its reality". There's still a chance to revive Halo. I'll prove it to you. Why don't you tweet out "If AGL held a NS tournament would you attend/support?" Trust me you would be surprised by the response! Yes you will have few "sheeps" saying "No halo is dad" but that's because some of you guys + community personalities keep bashing that statement into our heads.

I don't think you understand this community or what state Halo 4 is in at all.

Plus AGL already did that

https://twitter.com/ArenaGaming_/status/364934846541348866

Woah woah. 

I wasn't trying to take shots at anybody. Just trying to answer the question. 

I didn't know you streamed it. I was away while most of this was going on and got this info from word of mouth. 

Also, one sentence isn't what I would consider dramatic. 

And I know why it was locked. I was trying to let the person who asked know why it was locked.

He was talking about Doju, not you (for the jabs).
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think you understand this community or what state Halo 4 is in at all.

Plus AGL already did that

https://twitter.com/ArenaGaming_/status/364934846541348866

He was talking about Doju, not you (for the jabs).

Trust me I understand but I also understand how a few people can & have impacted our community with their words.

Exactly Now can you imagine if they followed EU! You can't deny this would give Halo a spark. 

Fixing Halo 4 is critical if we expect Halo 5 to be better. We are already seeing a lot of members from our community move to COD or other games. They will establish themselves in that community and possibly never return even if Halo 5 has everything we demanded. Think about it..

everyone can hit up eBay and get copies of h1 and h2 (for dirt cheap), create xbc accounts and we can all play the best halo games made and then run lan tourneys with either...

I have this nagging suspicion that if a poll was taken in order to determine the feature Halo game of a throwback event, the winner would be Halo 3.  

I have this nagging suspicion that if a poll was taken in order to determine the feature Halo game of a throwback event, the winner would be Halo 3.  

I agree - simply because getting online and practicing would not be a pain in the ass.

I agree - simply because getting online and practicing would not be a pain in the ass.

Same, after this event it would be awesome to see a Halo 3 throwback tournament like you say, the only issue is as much as I loved Halo 3 at times that came was horrible to play online, but still, probably my favourite Halo.

Although we have had some developer support, it doesn't really compare with how Riot, Blizzard, Activision etc support there games, yes I know we got H4GC and it was amazing, but a throw away comment about the possibility of another tournament isn't what we need, we need actual conformation, as this community might not last long after i50/AGL 10 if we keep on losing players. 

It would be nice to see some real grass roots support from 343, like reading this thread for instance and seeing that the community is dying out for a more classic Halo feel.  They don't even have to remove it completely, just give us a playlist and we will be happy.  That's what they should do with Halo 5, give us our own 'Hardcore playlist' and everybody will be happy, but I can't see it happening.

• Upvote (+1) 1

They don't even have to remove it completely, just give us a playlist and we will be happy.  That's what they should do with Halo 5, give us our own 'Hardcore playlist' and everybody will be happy, but I can't see it happening.

Nah...we need the entire game to have the same mechanics. The only major differences between the "hardcore" playlist and the rest should be maps, gametypes, weapons and no radar.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Nah...we need the entire game to have the same mechanics. The only major differences between the "hardcore" playlist and the rest should be maps, gametypes, weapons and no radar.

Agreed, but it would be cool if the majority of the map pool was the same, kinda like how Simplex etc is used for some of the more casual playlists in H4.

It would help for casuals making the switch to keep it familiar and as we all know, a competitive map can be played casually but a casual map can't be played competitively (if that makes any sense). 

If I had my own way, the only difference would be radar, the more the game is the same for casual/competitive play, the better, assuming the vanilla game is good and balanced. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Agreed, but it would be cool if the majority of the map pool was the same, kinda like how Simplex etc is used for some of the more casual playlists in H4.

It would help for casuals making the switch to keep it familiar and as we all know, a competitive map can be played casually but a casual map can't be played competitively (if that makes any sense). 

If I had my own way, the only difference would be radar, the more the game is the same for casual/competitive play, the better, assuming the vanilla game is good and balanced. 

I agree and would love for all of this to be possible...but it's highly unlikely judging from h4...

I agree and would love for all of this to be possible...but it's highly unlikely judging from h4...

One can dream.

We're trying to make the best out of a bad situation here. It was clear from the moment V5 was released that the European community were opposed to using them at events. Of course I would love to be in a situation where we didn't have to consider modded gametypes at events, but at the end of the day, I still think I need to be focused on pleasing the community than upsetting 343 and any dev support we may get. If we do choose to go down the no sprint route, we'll certainly open up some form of dialogue with them so they know what we're doing and why we're doing it.

From my standpoint, and that of the staff at TopMid, our number one priority will always be the community - otherwise I'm in this for the wrong reasons.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I agree that Dev support is needed 110% Quinn is a good guy who i have spoke to many times on twitter. I think they will fully understand why we need to do this and I would like to think they would back it as its only going to help grow or at least keep the numbers that we have left in Halo.

On a side note for the people wondering about BE and the EU, the guys over here at BE have allways supported and backed myself from week 1 when the forums where launched. Without them i would not have had half the success with my youtube stuff and the ability to break into the American scene.

With this in mind can we get back on topic please? Feedback on the settings is the number 1 priority here people, even more so now that AGL are outright asking if you guys want NS! We have a chance to possibly not just create a NS ruleset, but create one we call ALL use together.

Slight Update - No one seems happy with Haven EXT, no official post made as of yet but I will let you guys know as soon as one is made! The Ext is 60 seconds long and the points where moved for test purposes, Haven Ext may return back to its natural game mode or it may be scrapped all together.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why hasn't Unity and such settings thrived already? You can point to Beyond and say it was choked out but it honestly was given a fair shake on both THC/BE - more than enough time for the majority to have at least a taste of modded settings. The next stepping stone is "It wasn't 'official'" but ask yourself what does that even mean in the context of what you're arguing? OK, Ghost gives the go-ahead - we'll now be using NS settings for the next tournament at the expense of the playlist and 343i advertising. Everyone is happy because we're finally taking a stand, hurray the settings are acceptable - what changes?

• External factors are still apparent; tournaments are still few and far between with mediocre prize money (when they get paid)
  • Pro teams / players don't return as we've seen with the TU there is only so much mechanical changes can achieve for motivation
  • A few people return hearing that the game is now acceptable, this is counterbalanced by the number of playlist floaters that completely lose interest without a direct point of access
  • Customs become the only means of playing the competitive game as the playlist being redundant is removed - there is now no means of collecting / directing players outside of the competitive scene

You'll see an surface level rise in activity here and at other competitive hubs because of the amount of effort and organization it takes to steer the community towards customs only and then that'll be it. US tournament numbers will stay on the same decline, it's not like the UK where on a whim I can decide to drive down without any second thought about expense. Viewers could increase marginally, they could also just as easily decrease with such a reliance on individual effort to maintain the scene - either way it won't be enough to make a difference outside of our little bubble. This is exactly what it will become; our isolated bubble...

I'm all for EU settings doing what they're doing, knock yourselves out guys but lets not pretend both communities are in the same situation here.

@TheSimms, that Sprint tweet was sent out at the beginning of August. Also what is the issue with Haven EXT with the original points?

• Upvote (+1) 5

What I don't understand is why using "modded settings" would be a slap in the face to 343i, that would be like using Cyanogen Mod in any android device, it performs better and  it has more features, and Google is actually on board with this because they love the community,then why 343i would feel offended if we were to use "mods" to play Halo the way WE want to play, the way it should play, not the way they want us to play ? As a developer, I would take a step back and reconsider as in WHY a sector(valuable in a lot of senses, or at least we used to) of the community doesn't particularly like our game and why are they relying in "mods" to enjoy the product they designed.

A professional dev would take this as a serious message from us that there is something wrong with their game and that they should look into it, not like " FU THIS GAME SUCKS" kinda message.

Anyway, EU guys, have you looked at more maps like Ark, Orion etc etc for any other gametypes other than the usual (CTF, Slayer, Ext)  ?  Also, you guys considering modding it a BIT more to introduce things like less aim assist etc etc ?

/endRant

• Upvote (+1) 2

@TheSimms, that Sprint tweet was sent out at the beginning of August. Also what is the issue with Haven EXT with the original points?

My bad I saw it on here but also in my twitter feed only yesterday so I thought it was something new :P As far as Havens concerened the movement was just simply a test to see if it improved how well haven ext played with NS. It seems to be the only map where people are 50/50. For example Pit flag, people 100% love it, Station 9 ext, people 100% hate it. Haven Ext as it is now in throwdown is an incredible map and gametype that we do not want to loose but with NS it appears to be a 50/50 love hate split.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Anyway, EU guys, have you looked at more maps like Ark, Orion etc etc for any other gametypes other than the usual (CTF, Slayer, Ext) ? Also, you guys considering modding it a BIT more to introduce things like less aim assist etc etc ?

/endRant

Maps that have been mentioned and thrown about are Ark Ext TS cant remeber... Orion TS, and both of aPKs Countdown slayer or even Sanc Flag. Only Ark so far has made it into testing.

As for mods yeah again this has been mentioned, why not go all out BR spray, Aim assist, Flag bounce, even our very good old friend Mr De Scope has been requested! But as of right now we have a major EU LAN event in less than 8 weeks, these are not priority, A solid 11 Map / Game pool is needed for teams to get practicing asap!

Also the final question comes, when are you done modding? When do you stop making changes that alter how the game plays? Been a comptitive player attending events from Halo 2 I agree that these mods only make the game better and take Halo back to its original roots of been a clean crisp FPS. But we need to understand that things have to change in order for us to move forward, 343 now know what we want, lets give them another shot and hope Halo 5 absaloutly destroys all other Halos and brings back what we love and miss.

Im now ranting and going off now :)... to answer in short yes other mods have been raised, no we are not looking at them in short term or at least untill the 11 Map pool is set in stone.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maps that have been mentioned and thrown about are Ark Extor TS cant remeber... Orion TS, and both of aPKs Countdown slayer or even Sanc Flag. Only Ark so far has made it into testing.

As for mods yeah again this has been mentioned, why not go all out BR spray, Aim assist, Flag bounce, even oue very good old friend Mr De Scope has been requested! But as of right now we have a major EU LAN event in less than 8 weeks, these are not priority, A solid 11 Map / Game pool is needed for teams to get practicing asap!

I would definitely love to see a tournament with flag juggling (not sure how good the mod is on it yet, though) and tightened BR spread or a 4sk NB DMR etc. 

Then we could *maybe* start to enjoy watching Halo 4.

Props to what you're doing so far in the EU scene, I know it's difficult for everyone to come to an agreement on which settings have NS/S and if we should conform to each others but GL for the tourney. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Great Work, great setting. We in Brazil are testing the EU settings and we like alot. Onyx Ball is AMAZING, Station 9 is crap. Im not sure about Haven Extraction, if we have a better gametype like Ark you guys shoud use.And please, don't use Ricochet, that is the main complain in V5 for the brazilians.

Sorry for the bad english. Keep the good work :)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Why hasn't Unity and such settings thrived already? 

Unity+ at tourneys would be fucking incredible. The level of skill and competition in H4 would reaaaaally show..

• Upvote (+1) 1

Why not just pick up Halo 3 then?  I would actually like to see that happen even if it was only for a "throwback" tournament 

We have to keep in mind what we want though. I for one don't want to go back to the sluggishness and horrible netcode of H3. Id definitely rather just play no sprint H4, as I'm sure many other people would.

Either option is better than accepting H4 as a good game.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I for one don't want to go back to the sluggishness and horrible netcode of H3. Id definitely rather just play no sprint H4, as I'm sure many other people would.

This right here. 

Or, novel idea here, how about we give ZBNS Reach another tournament? It's not like MLG Columbus and AGL Chicago were fucking awesome or anything... Oh wait, yes they were!

Personally I'd rather see Reach over H4 without sprint, and after that I really don't care enough to argue about H3 or H4 with sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Unity+ at tourneys would be fucking incredible. The level of skill and competition in H4 would reaaaaally show..

Unity+ actually makes H4 tolerable.

Or, novel idea here, how about we give ZBNS Reach another tournament? It's not like MLG Columbus and AGL Chicago were fucking awesome or anything... Oh wait, yes they were!

Personally I'd rather see Reach over H4 without sprint, and after that I really don't care enough to argue about H3 or H4 with sprint.

Even better...how the hell did Reach not pop up in this convo till now? ZBNS is special to me..