Sign in to follow this  
ST Trick77

Europe v5.1 Settings [No Sprint]

I just checked, nope.

He did, this argument is incredibly dumb. It gets irritating that we are one of the last sites that support Halo (and at least the competitive part) and you guys still manage to find ways to say we are lying or don't promote certain things enough.

I'm sorry, but I feel this needs to be said. There have been so many "he said she said" type discussions on these forums and it is out of hand. When will it be enough for either side? Just grow up already. None of it is constructive. It makes the community look bad and it just further divides the dwindling Halo community on this site.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm sorry, but I feel this needs to be said. There have been so many "he said she said" type discussions on these forums and it is out of hand. When will it be enough for either side? Just grow up already. None of it is constructive. It makes the community look bad and it just further divides the dwindling Halo community on this site.

I don't really follow why people bring them up either. I swear that some members just bring things up for the sake of arguing instead of actually wanting to help this community.

-----

With that, let's try and keep this thread about the rules for the EU settings.

I don't really follow why people bring them up either. I swear that some members just bring things up for the sake of arguing instead of actually wanting to help this community.

-----

Regardless if "he did or didn't" The real question is will Beyond support EU decision and promote them? Knowing that 343 might not but also find it offensive if anyone supports their decision? Saucey or Cyren or anyone else who runs Beyond could you please provide an answer?

Regardless if "he did or didn't" The real question is will Beyond support EU decision and promote them? Knowing that 343 might not but also find it offensive if anyone supports their decision? Saucey or Cyren or anyone else who runs Beyond could you please provide an answer?

You realize the guys at Beyond and Topmid have a good relationship right? We've always been promoting them.

https://twitter.com/CyReN_/status/387330731774455808

• Upvote (+1) 2

We have always supported European Halo when they are having a tournament - and we have recently reached out to Simms who does a live show discussing the EU scene on our twitch channel which we support as well.  If we did not support you guys this thread would have been locked and deleted off of the face of the planet within 5 minutes of it being made.

Short answer: Yes.

-----

People aren't bringing up these issues because they want to argue. Most people just want BE to man up and used modded settings. It's not a coincidence this "uprising" happened just after v5 got posted. No one wants to play v5 and while you can say "Ghost did what he thought was best" or "you aren't forced to play Throwdown", it's extremely frustrating that the leaders of the only remaining hardcore Halo community are half-assing settings because they want dev support when the game in question is already hanging on by a thread.

I'm not trying to say all the accusations about other settings are true or w/e, just trying to explain where I think most people are coming from. They want BE on their side, but the refusal to use modded settings when they are so obviously a necessity at this point in Halo 4's lifespan makes it feel like BE would rather buddy up with 343 than with the actual players.

• Upvote (+1) 2

People aren't bringing up these issues because they want to argue. Most people just want BE to man up and used modded settings. It's not a coincidence this "uprising" happened just after v5 got posted. No one wants to play v5 and while you can say "Ghost did what he thought was best" or "you aren't forced to play Throwdown", it's extremely frustrating that the leaders of the only remaining hardcore Halo community are half-assing settings because they want dev support when the game in question is already hanging on by a thread.

I'm not trying to say all the accusations about other settings are true or w/e, just trying to explain where I think most people are coming from. They want BE on their side, but the refusal to use modded settings when they are so obviously a necessity at this point in Halo 4's lifespan makes it feel like BE would rather buddy up with 343 than with the actual players.

It's not really possible to use modded gametypes for Ghost settings. Think about it for a second here, his settings are used for matchmaking so they can't be modded. This has been discussed on live shows and posts, this is nothing new.

It isn't about "manning up" or us trying to avoid the settings. Everyone that I've talked to from staff wants NS available, believe it or not we like classic Halo and think it should be in, we just don't have the option at this time. We can promote it and allow the discussion but that's about it until the gametype available from 343.

it's extremely frustrating that the leaders of the only remaining hardcore Halo community are half-assing settings 

Sorry to go completely off-topic, I'll ban myself later but please don't generalize all of the Beyond Entertainment staff for the decisions of one. Myself, CyReN, Saucey, etc did not produce the v5 settings. 

I love NS, best shit I've played and the most fun I've had on Halo 4 ever, I want it just as much as the next person. But when it comes to using modded gametypes which can completely kill off any support for a playlist like Team Throwdown? 

We have always supported European Halo when they are having a tournament - and we have recently reached out to Simms who does a live show discussing the EU scene on our twitch channel which we support as well.  If we did not support you guys this thread would have been locked and deleted off of the face of the planet within 5 minutes of it being made.

Short answer: Yes.

Awesome! That's nice to know! Thanks for the quick answer! 

Hopefully AGL takes the same initiatives & follows EU.

Now since I believe Beyond will also support them if they took that route. Having EU and NA with NS will send a clear message to  343 that NS is necessary in the process of reviving Halo. We should demand/ask AGL to adopt EU settings. & since many people claim AGL 10 will be the last competitive tournament for Halo. It's essential that AGL does this to bring more competitive gamers out & possibly have a 32 team tournament instead of the 10-16 teams. We could promote it hype it up & believe me Halo will rise again.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Beyond Entertainment does not make the settings - Ghost makes the settings.  And while Ghost is apart of Beyond, None of the staff, including myself is really involved with the "final say" on what gets in or not.  We give some feedback obviously, but thats as far as it goes - we let Ghost do his thing because he has not lead us astray thus far with settings.

The Modded gametype debate is a difficult one.  Mods will indeed play way better than any default Halo 4 mechanic 100 percent.

Do I want No sprint? Yes.  Do I want to throw the oddball? No.  Do I want descoping? Yes.  We can get all of these things with modded settings, but it comes with a cost like I have stated several times before.  

#1 - Developer support will be gone - The US scene has seen a lot of dev support in the past few months, & we would essentially be severing ties. (ToS)

#2 - Team Throwdown playlist will obviously not use modded settings - rendering it useless.  Now some people will make the argument "well only 2-300 people play it anyways whats the big deal?"  Which is a valid point, but the fact that we have our own playlist means that we are "recognized" and somewhat respected by the developer.  However, we can all play custom games instead of MM, which most of us do anways.

#3 - If we do this will we be able to reconnect with the developer during the next Halo title, or in the near future?  Using mods that change every core mechanic that 343i has put into Halo 4 is essentially a virtual slap to the face to them (imo) Even if the mods are clearly better for competitive play (which they do)

However despite the things I listed, it seems like a majority of people in this thread have the "what do we have to lose mentality" and I can somewhat agree with that to a certain extent.  We dont know whats up next for Halo 4, Frank O' Connor mentioned another tournament may happen before the year is out (slasher interview) - So we may be jumping the gun a little too soon here... However I can understand everyone being ansty.... because I am as well.  The mods are better and if the community shows overwhelming support for them then using anything else would not be wise eh?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's not really possible to use modded gametypes for Ghost settings. Think about it for a second here, his settings are used for matchmaking so they can't be modded. This has been discussed on live shows and posts, this is nothing new.

It isn't about "manning up" or us trying to avoid the settings. Everyone that I've talked to from staff wants NS available, believe it or not we like classic Halo and think it should be in, we just don't have the option at this time. We can promote it and allow the discussion but that's about it until the gametype available from 343.

If the only settings worth playing can't be implemented into MMing, then Ghost should just create a good version and accept that Throwdown will be gone. It's not like it will be missed considering how few people play it, especially when there will be a lot of people playing much more enjoyable customs instead. But whatever, I don't want to make this thread even more off topic.

Sorry to go completely off-topic, I'll ban myself later but please don't generalize all of the Beyond Entertainment staff for the decisions of one. Myself, CyReN, Saucey, etc did not produce the v5 settings. 

I love NS, best shit I've played and the most fun I've had on Halo 4 ever, I want it just as much as the next person. But when it comes to using modded gametypes which can completely kill off any support for a playlist like Team Throwdown? 

Sorry, definitely wouldn't want to blame v5 on anyone who wasn't responsible for it. lol

As far as losing support for TTD, it doesn't seem like a huge loss when the alternative is fun and competitive standardized settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

#1 - Developer support will be gone - The US scene has seen a lot of dev support in the past few months, & we would essentially be severing ties. (ToS)

What reassures you this will happen? Last time I checked it's in 343 best interest that they give what the whole population wants. Well in this case 70% (HWP Forum Poll).

Didn't realise i had an account on here.

Anyways, I've been testing NS settings for a while and have been overjoyed to see TopMid adopt the NS variant. Let's face it guys, it's confirmed and people are really starting to play and enjoy the game again. You'd be incredibly stupid to want sprint in Halo, there's nothing competitive about it at all and it needs to go. As a European, I'm extremely happy to see No-Sprint used in our settings. It brings back the classic Halo feel that anybody who's played previous titles know and love. It's amazing how much higher the skill gap is when the ability to sprint is taken away. 

We'll be playing our No-Sprint settings at our next major LAN event Insomnia 50 (i50) that takes place on November 29th - 2nd December which I'm so pumped for it's unreal. I'd be over the moon if we could see at least one NA pro team come across the pond and compete against our best.

On a side note, I highly recommend hopping over to TopMid and giving us your feedback on the gametypes in this thread:

http://www.topmid.eu/forum/topic/9228-my-settings/page-3?do=findComment&comment=226081

A few people here like Fated, Philosopher and Schnitzel and others have joined the discussion and are providing quality feedback which has all been taken into consideration. Our gametypes are developed using community feedback and your opinion matters more than you might think.

Beyond Entertainment does not make the settings - Ghost makes the settings.  And while Ghost is apart of Beyond, None of the staff, including myself is really involved with the "final say" on what gets in or not.  We give some feedback obviously, but thats as far as it goes - we let Ghost do his thing because he has not lead us astray thus far with settings.

The Modded gametype debate is a difficult one.  Mods will indeed play way better than any default Halo 4 mechanic 100 percent.

Do I want No sprint? Yes.  Do I want to throw the oddball? No.  Do I want descoping? Yes.  We can get all of these things with modded settings, but it comes with a cost like I have stated several times before.  

#2 - Team Throwdown playlist will obviously not use modded settings - rendering it useless.  Now some people will make the argument "well only 2-300 people play it anyways whats the big deal?"  Which is a valid point, but the fact that we have our own playlist means that we are "recognized" and somewhat respected by the developer.  However, we can all play custom games instead of MM, which most of us do anways.

#3 - If we do this will we be able to reconnect with the developer during the next Halo title, or in the near future?  Using mods that change every core mechanic that 343i has put into Halo 4 is essentially a virtual slap to the face to them (imo) Even if the mods are clearly better for competitive play (which they do)

However despite the things I listed, it seems like a majority of people in this thread have the "what do we have to lose mentality" and I can somewhat agree with that to a certain extent.  We dont know whats up next for Halo 4, Frank O' Connor mentioned another tournament may happen before the year is out (slasher interview) - So we may be jumping the gun a little too soon here... However I can understand everyone being ansty.... because I am as well.  The mods are better and if the community shows overwhelming support for them then using anything else would not be wise eh?

In my opinion having to mod the settings to be more competitive in the first place should be giving a developers a slap in the face in order for them to wake the fuck up :)

It's a shame it doesn't work that way.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Why do you need 343s support? They are not really listening to you guys.

Do you really think that people like BSAngel, Bravo and Quin will have impact on the next halo game? The real designers are hiding at the studio, doing there thing, doind meetings. Have you ever read the story about one Q/A Halo 4 Playtester? Not much feedback got approved.

Making hyperbole news about every new hired employee of 343 wont change that the next game will be better or that it will go back. Do you remember your Topic about "They get it"? CursedLemon made a clear statement and you guys deleted it because you wont accept the truth. I still have that post as a Screenshot. Beyond team people in a nutshell (not everyone, but some).

Violenc3 told you basicly the same about Halos future. When your top title exclusive is trash nobody will bother.

And i'm really excited to see when Halo5 will be unveiled and nothing happened after all that feedback and slurping. The Halo Communitys will explode again. Some will sadly fall again into the Hype-Train (i wont) but other people then will play better games.

Sry for that bit of offtopic. But i had to say that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Making hyperbole news about every new hired employee of 343 wont change that the next game will be better or that it will go back. Do you remember your Topic about "They get it"? CursedLemon made a clear statement and you guys deleted it because you wont accept the truth. I still have that post as a Screenshot. Beyond team people in a nutshell (not everyone, but some).

To that post, we used to remove every post that have warning/ban worthy comments in them. Even when removing/banning, the mod posted he agreed with most of what he said just not the part that we was banned for. Since that, thanks to feedback by community members we now edit out the "bad parts" of posts and issue warnings.

again, you guys keep thinking we are trying to hide something from you or are anti old school Halo or something. It's a bit ridiculous.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do you need 343s support? They are not really listening to you guys.

Do you really think that people like BSAngel, Bravo and Quin will have impact on the next halo game? The real designers are hiding at the studio, doing there thing, doind meetings. Have you ever read the story about one Q/A Halo 4 Playtester? Not much feedback got approved.

Violenc3 told you basicly the same about Halos future. When your top title exclusive is trash nobody will bother.

And i'm really excited to see when Halo5 will be unveiled and nothing happened after all that feedback and slurping. The Halo Communitys will explode again. Some will sadly fall again into the Hype-Train (i wont) but other people then will play better games.

Sry for that bit of offtopic. But i had to say that.

If you do not understand why developer support is important, take a look at call of duty, LoL, SC, etc.

They are not listening? Sure on some things they aren't I can agree with that, but you cant ignore the 4 shot BR update, 2 shot beatdown, Halo 4 $200,000 Global Championship, etc.

Delhoyo is a designer, so yes he would have an impact. lol.

BSAngel is the community manager, so no she would not I dont think.

Bravo is on the sustain team I believe? So I am not sure he would either.

Yes I have read the story about the Tester - the main point that I took away from the article was that he put in a lot of hours and was not kept on board as an official employee, and he was upset about it.

Cursed Lemon made a post relaying his personal opinion - and at the end went a little bit too far and violated the rules.  Other than that small tidbit the post was fine and within the rules, has nothing to do with "Accepting the truth" ... lol. 

again, you guys keep thinking we are trying to hide something from you or are anti old school Halo or something. It's a bit ridiculous.

Wait, Beyond isn't trying to hide stuff from us?  :ninja:

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

To the whole standing up thing, I think people playing Halo 3 over Halo 4 will do more of an impact since there will be less people on Halo 4. That's me though.

Halo 4 probably has 1-2 tourneys left? You have to figure with Titanfall, Destiny, and various other Xbox One titles coming out Halo 4 is pretty much done in the coming month(s). It just feels kinda of weird to throw out the support we have for tourneys people already bash, don't support, to a game themselves already hate.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Developer support is great...it's fucking excellent and a must have. You know what's better than developer support though? standing up for what you believe and showing devs that they aren't allowed to fuck up our beloved halo or we will tweak it to our liking and stay out of their horrible playlists. We shouldn't have to bend over to get support from the the creators of the game we love, they actually need US to support the game by buying and playing it and the latter speaks for itself. 

AGL should switch to full modded settings (no sprint, bloom, spread and whatever else we can tweak or fix to our liking...Unity..wink wink). If 343 won't send someone out to an event because of it, that's fine...If they won't tweet pics of them streaming the event in their offices, that's fine, If they won't mention AGL in a weekly bulletin, cool shit...get mad at us for fixing your game...at least we would get to play and watch the halo 4 we wanted (sorta). Alo, i'll take customs (modded) over throwdown any day of the week..

Actions speak louder than words. Let's see how calm and supportive some of you guys are gonna be when the first multiplayer clip of Halo 5 has a red spartan sprinting after a blue spartan who called in a rocket launcher on a midship remake with the newly upgraded ordnance system.

Why not just pick up Halo 3 then?  I would actually like to see that happen even if it was only for a "throwback" tournament 

Why not just pick up Halo 3 then?  I would actually like to see that happen even if it was only for a "throwback" tournament 

It's so terrible online though, which is where teams would practice the most. The net-code in H4 is one of 343's great improvements. It would still be much better than what we have now though...

or

everyone can hit up eBay and get copies of h1 and h2 (for dirt cheap), create xbc accounts and we can all play the best halo games made and then run lan tourneys with either...

• Upvote (+1) 2

To the whole standing up thing, I think people playing Halo 3 over Halo 4 will do more of an impact since there will be less people on Halo 4. That's me though.

Halo 4 probably has 1-2 tourneys left? You have to figure with Titanfall, Destiny, and various other Xbox One titles coming out Halo 4 is pretty much done in the coming month(s). It just feels kinda of weird to throw out the support we have for tourneys people already bash, don't support, to a game themselves already hate.

Funny you say that "It just feels kinda of weird to throw out the support we have for tourneys people already bash". Who started bashing AGL for not paying up? I wont answer this.. We all know the answer but whatever man. 

You really think playing Halo 3 will make a much more impact then demanding AGL to support and adopt EU settings? You must be kidding yourselves! 

" titles coming out Halo 4 is pretty much done in the coming month(s)" Nice! Show how much support/faith you have! Don't call it "Its reality".  There's still a chance to revive Halo. I'll prove it to you. Why don't you tweet out "If AGL held a NS tournament would you attend/support?" Trust me you would be surprised by the response! Yes you will have few "sheeps" saying "No halo is dad" but that's because some of you guys + community personalities keep bashing that statement into our heads.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You realize I streamed all of those settings (on multiple occasions) to the Beyond Twitch with over 300+ viewers each time right?

He would also tweet us his tournaments after taking multiple shots at us on the THC forums, and we would still promote it.  Please take it easy with the dramatics man, its getting old.

Woah woah. 

I wasn't trying to take shots at anybody. Just trying to answer the question. 

I didn't know you streamed it. I was away while most of this was going on and got this info from word of mouth. I was gone 6 months. 

Also, one sentence isn't what I would consider dramatic. 

And I know why it was locked. I was trying to let the person who asked know why it was locked. 

• Upvote (+1) 2