Sign in to follow this  
ST Trick77

Europe v5.1 Settings [No Sprint]

Can you link current EU settings? I wont watch just because of NS.

Sure thing buddy, here they are -

CTF

Pitfall

Simplex

Skyline

Dispatch

TS

Abandon

Pitfall

Onyx

Haven

Simplex

EXT

Station 9

Haven

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sure thing buddy, here they are -

CTF

Pitfall

Simplex

Skyline

Dispatch

TS

Abandon

Pitfall

Onyx

Haven

Simplex

EXT

Station 9

Haven

Thanks. Settings look interesting. 

It would be really fantastic to have a no-sprint tournament that would show people what those kind of settings look like. I haven't watched any events in H4 so far but I would definitely tune in for a NS tournament.

It would be really fantastic to have a no-sprint tournament that would show people what those kind of settings look like. I haven't watched any events in H4 so far but I would definitely tune in for a NS tournament.

That's good to know mate, we are looking at them now and they look awesome, it's just making sure they work with the maps we have, which looks promising so far.

Looks very similar to v4 plus Pitfall and NS. I'd love to watch it and see how NS plays during an event (so you have my view). I'm not sure if it will necessarily bring in more new viewers but I'm sure many people here would be interested. Just be sure to post a reminder on the forums of the date and time the stream goes live.

Looks very similar to v4 plus Pitfall and NS. I'd love to watch it and see how NS plays during an event (so you have my view). I'm not sure if it will necessarily bring in more new viewers but I'm sure many people here would be interested. Just be sure to post a reminder on the forums of the date and time the stream goes live.

Yeah I would do nearer to the event time.  I am really just after what you guys think of the idea of no sprint being re implemented, is it something you have all wanted to see or do you think no sprint has had its time?

Oh and I'm surprised you guys don't have Skyline TS as a gametype. I could be wrong, but it seems like the perfect H4 disk map for NS. 

Edit: and yes. The majority of people on these forums would love to see a no sprint event. But most of us have come to terms with the fact that it wasn't going to happen.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh and I'm surprised you guys don't have Skyline TS as a gametype. I could be wrong, but it seems like the perfect H4 disk map for NS.

This.

I'd definitely watch it 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Edit: and yes. The majority of people on these forums would love to see a no sprint event. But most of us have come to terms with the fact that it wasn't going to happen.

Yeah, Im not too sure why we don't have Skyline slayer, we have Skyline flag though which should be very good without sprint.

That's good to know mate, we are looking at them now and they look awesome, it's just making sure they work with the maps we have, which looks promising so far.

If no sprint is used will you ditch Station 9?

If no sprint is used will you ditch Station 9?

It's possible, it's going to be tested to say the least and the decision will be made from there.  Personally, I think Station 9 is too big, unless we maybe increased the extraction time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have been doing my best to influence TM to use NS settings. If TM uses NS settings at one tournament, they will set the trend and the rest will follow. Just to recap some of my arguments on TM:

The effects of sprint on competitive play can be narrowed down to 3 primary arguments:

1. Lack of punishment for bad positioning
  2. Lack of relevance for positioning at all
  3. Watering down of power positions

These 3 elements are amplified by 343's competitive map design, which creates a positive feedback loop by increasing the accessibility of power positions and providing easy escapes (example: lifts on Skyline and Vertigo). All 3 are terrible influences on competitive play. Removing sprint would force players to be far more decisive in their movement options. The significance of map positioning would have a far greater effect on gameplay due to the travel time required to earn positioning, and power positions would gain strength and therefore require more teamwork to overcome.

If NS is implemented, Station 9 absolutely needs to get removed. The standard extraction gametype should not need to be altered to fit a certain map. Station 9 is built for sprint from the ground up - it is inconsistent with these efforts.

If NS is implemented and Skyline stays for CTF, block the lifts. There is already 5 movements options to assault top-mid excluding the lift per side (2 hard routes and 3 soft routes). The huge amount of flow through top-mid will largely stay intact due to the 5 core movement options, and top-mid will gain a little more strength without lifts in play. Removing lift access would reinforce top down control and increase the competitive merit of the map significantly. I can guarantee you that NS on Skyline with lifts blocked will be one of the most competitive experiences you will find in Halo 4.

11 symmetrical maps, 3 of which based on Midship = exhausted meta-game, zero evolution, and a small skill gap. The foundation and highest skill gap competitive Halo has ever seen has been, and always will be, on asymmetrical maps. Slayer and Extraction at the core are dynamic asymmetrical gametypes. You suggest using Dispatch, Onyx, and Simplex for Team Slayer. Remove Dispatch and Simplex, replace them with 2 asymmetrical maps.

If you truly want to create the most competitive settings:

1. Implement no sprint settings immediately. Reign Revolution has developed no sprint variants for all tournament gametypes.
  2. Remove ordinance markers. Return to weapon drops.
  3. Implement several asymmetrical maps to Team Slayer immediately. Remove Dispatch and Simplex from Team Slayer.
  4. Replace either Station 9 or Haven EXT with an asymmetrical map.
  • Upvote (+1) 8

No sprint, of course. There is no reason to have it when you have an option to disable it.

But 1-plot will not play nearly as well without sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

No sprint, of course. There is no reason to have it when you have an option to disable it.

But 1-plot will not play nearly as well without sprint.

I could actually see 1-plot play sooooo much better with no-sprint.

I could actually see 1-plot play sooooo much better with no-sprint.

Everything plays better with NS.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Thanks for the comments guys, keep them coming, we are trying to make the most competitive but also classic settings we can.

I think that's just stupid. After all the work both communities did to become one and use the same settings for multiple benefits, it doesn't make sense to me to make different settings again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I think that's just stupid. After all the work both communities did to become one and use the same settings for multiple benefits, it doesn't make sense to me to make different settings again.

The reason is that almost all Europeans didn't like the V5 settings for a few reasons, but the addition of Ricochet played a large part in the want to change back to our own settings.  As no Europeans are looking at attending AGL (unfortunately) there is no real need for us to stick to the Throwdown settings, and if we were to keep the v5 settings It would do more harm to our community then good as nobody wanted to play on them, but would still be willing to attend if we came up with our own, more competitive settings'

• Upvote (+1) 6

Skyline TS with no sprint is great.

Probably my favorite gametype when playing no sprint.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Has anybody had a chance to play Pitfall no sprint?  I watched it earlier being streamed by some EU players, looks awesome to say the least.